Sign in to follow this  
hidemeadiamond

Heidi Trim Checkup

Not sure if you remember Heidi or not, but I am still slowly working away on her trim. She is a 30 year old QH mare. She is ridden about twice a week. She does have a bit of arthritis around a bone chip in her right front knee...I have included a picture of the bad knee. She has limited bend in that leg so it makes it harder to get a good pic on that side.

Left front:

leftfrontside.jpg

lftfrontheel-1.jpg

leftfrntbtm.jpg

leftfrontbtm.jpg

I remember you and Heidi but not many of the specifics of the trim progression. It is looking pretty darn good to me! Maybe the toes a wee bit long, but the sole view does not show significant flaring. What a nice clean trim!

Looking good! I'd prefer more defined bars and concavity, which may help with a tad shorter heel but the trim looks good. The back of the frog will also get in better shape as well. All overhangs and flaps should be removed in the meantime.

I agree that the trim basically looks good, and time is needed to get concavity, and to get the heels lower, and eliminate the coronary jamming at the quarters. Bars should also show more definition when more concavity forms

I am surprised that the horse is still able to be ridden, looking at that knee. We had to put hubby's old trail horse down, once he got bad osteoarthritis in his one knee, similar to that, but maybe a bit more advanced. Oh, you could still ride him, lightly, but in the mountains he was starting to stumble, and the cold was really starting to bother him.