Sign in to follow this  
wolfhaven

Election Ads

Had enough of them yet? Getting inundated with the Minnesota ads. Rare to see one from Wisconsin. The statewide WI races bypass us here because it's a strong DFL area. Despite that we do have a GOP in our congressional seat. So to make sure we get our share we get to be entertained by the MN races. Some ads have been amusing, puzzling and some just make you scratch your head and wonder what they are thinking.

Less then a week left.

I watch Netflix...haven't seen a single ad!

There was a super amusing one on local radio about some guy with the last name "Walker." It was basically don't vote Walker, remember... "Walker taxes, danger." Made me laugh every time.

I saw a local one in the next town to the west. It said, "Go Pottie." I didn't stop to investigate. I think my mute button will break before it's over.

I don't watch much TV but the dang vote-for-me-don't-vote-for-him automated phone calls are killin' me! Some as late as 8:30pm on a Sunday night. Seriously?

I've gotten them at 9 at night. I hang up on them before they get a chance to speak. I also have netflix so no ads but am getting enough stuff in the mail to start fires for much of the winter. Couldn't tell you what any of them say though. If I see a candidates name I throw them away without looking at them. Seems like they're wasting time, paper, and money to me.

I haven't had one phone call or piece of mail. Maybe because I've got a new number and address they haven't found me yet. The catalog companies certainly have. Get at 4 of those a day. No idea there was even that many mail order places.

ETA: Anyone ever listen to a robo call of any kind and learn something new or persuasive enough to change your mind?

Edited by wolfhaven

I haven't had one phone call or piece of mail. Maybe because I've got a new number and address they haven't found me yet. The catalog companies certainly have. Get at 4 of those a day. No idea there was even that many mail order places.

ETA: Anyone ever listen to a robo call of any kind and learn something new or persuasive enough to change your mind?

Nope...

I got rid of my home phone last month because I was getting calls at all hours of the day about the elections, wanting me to do surveys, donate money to this or that charity or organization. Last straw was when I got 3 calls in a row from the same number and it woke my sleeping kids up... The only channels we watch are movie channels or the Disney/Nickelodeon channels. I can tell you there aren't any campaign ads on the Disney channel.

Scott Walker is the Governor of WI, wonder if you were hearing about him Serah.

Begich is running scared here.. Will be glad to see him go.. lots of big bucks Democratic money being dumped on this guy.. he was useless as a mayor to Anchorage leaving it in debt and hasn't done a dang thing for Alaska or the nation since he votes his party and has been adding to the stalemate in DC..BYE BYE MARK!

I just hope that people vote SMART this time...6 years is enough of mold on the wall.

AD

IA is also swimming in ads. I'm ready for the election to be over. I hope we get a nice long break before the 2016 election cycle heats up.

Tracy

We *just* got satellite tv so haven't watched much network tv in the last few weeks. I've not noticed many since we got the satellite the other day either. I hate election ads as around here all they are is mud slinging. You don't even know who the ad is for till it's over. I'm here to say, the first person that runs a clean ad campaign would get my vote no matter what they stood for.

I, too, am so tired of the election ads and mud slinging! Some of the things they accuse their opponents of are border line illegal. Are they so lily white? No!

Smokum, you might check out PBS also. They have lots of kid stuff during the day. And some pretty interesting things in the evening.

Do you hold the candidate accountable for the third party ads? Most of the mudslinging and definitely the worst is from third parties. Either their own party or some pac. A candidate who tries to stay above the mud can easily get smeared by the pac ads run in his support.

I think they like the pac ads... that way they can say "it wasn't me!" Its a back door for hem to look innocent ..they aren't..and I'm sure they are well aware..

I think they like the pac ads... that way they can say "it wasn't me!" Its a back door for hem to look innocent ..they aren't..and I'm sure they are well aware..

Yup