ozland

Remember When.......

There was actually a race here every morning to get the 'Coffee Chat' started for the day?

What do YOU remember?

When my posts were lucky to get 2 or 3 comments before they ended up on page two or three, because people posted so much!

When people actually posted in the English bb's

When someone everyone loved got banned but I was thrilled because I did NOT love them.

When the secret Santa exchange would take place and there were pages and pages of people receiving their gifts instead of like 5 people.

Oh, good times. Hehe

I remember a couple book club rounds, those were fun! I started one, it got passed through about 12 people before returning to me.

My book disappeared with the second reader and was never heard of again. I STILL miss that book.

When someone everyone loved got banned but I was thrilled because I did NOT love them.

I hear THAT! :yahoo:

Edited by ozland

And because someone or several someone's got banned for telling it like it is, this site has so little traffic now. Hmm, imagine that.

And because someone or several someone's got banned for telling it like it is, this site has so little traffic now. Hmm, imagine that.

It appears most of the banned members still post when they want to. Hmm, imagine that.

I remember a time when I could read a post and not roll my eyes. Imagine that.

I also remember the Turd Wars and the board buddy meet ups. and how at any time of the night you could find support of any kind.

i remember a debate that raged on for page after page about returning shopping carts to the station lol.

I remember, a time when, a thread travelled to the bottom of the page faster than you could add your reply, due to the number of new threads being created.

Now, a thread stays on page one for months.

I do believe, it's due to the number of, colorful, members who have been banned.

Yes I remember the good old days.....when there were lots and lots of posts. I couldn't read half of them cause I couldn't keep up. I lurk most of the time but this place use to be so much fun to hang around. Course I spent way too much time on the puter then too. LOL Oh well change happens whether we like it or not and I will continue to lurk just not as much.

the riiiiiiing!! GASP! That was hilarious!!!!

and that shopping cart thread was hilarious.

I've met some fabulous people from HC who I now consider good friends...so it's all worth it (to me!) in the end :)

i don't see Morris Media Network, the owner of this website and winner of multiple media awards, doing a darn thing to revive it.

i remember when...

I am more than happy to implement a new Book Club after the holidays....but the really fun stuff, well, that was mostly spontaneous and unplanned hilarity.

i remember when there was actually activity on the disciplines boards. dressage and h/j were the ones i liked to follow and now they're D. E. A. D.

i remember the odyssey of elmer getting shipped out to oz. it was like following reality tv only better :P .

also just remembered when the fugly blog was still written by cathy atkinson, and one of our members was outraged because she'd referred to us as "those morons" :rotf: .

Edited by nick

i don't see Morris Media Network, the owner of this website and winner of multiple media awards, doing a darn thing to revive it.

i remember when...

I'm so sorry you are disappointed in us nick. But in all honesty, I truly feel, this forum can be whatever the members (you) want it to be. Nobody from Morris Media Network (except for myself and a few HC staff members) were responsible for our 'former glory'. It was all ya'll. We just steered the wagon. Kinda danged if we did and danged if we didn't. But we did our best.

Horsecity is, and always will be, special to me - mostly because of the friendships I have developed online and IRL with members here.