ozland

Remember When.......

several members have commented on the less than user friendly condition of this website after many reformattings and "facelifts". there is nothing any of us can do anything about that, and certainly the more difficult it is for people to participate the more likely they're to go someplace else that IS more user friendly. frankly it makes you feel more welcome. heck some people have commented they can't even get into the forums sometimes, and they're not on the banned wagon.

so it's not just "us" that makes this place work.

I have gone to other sites and, guess what? I come back here, because, I find it to be MORE user friendly than those others.

The degree of, user friendly, isn't a lot of people's concern, seems to me.

Edited by equicrzy

i looked at COTH this morning. it's different formatting but once you figure it out the functions actually work. including giving you access which has been become increasingly difficult here.

user friendliiness is the standard for social media. and if you can't even get into HC guess it's not very user friendly.

I did, a while back, have trouble with the quote function.

It isn't a problem anymore, don't know why, but, it got fixed somehow.

I have no trouble getting onto the site. My issues stem from an inability to fully utilize the site's features after a large "upgrade" that now limits my use of their basic and standard features. I label that user unfriendly.

I know some/many are glad that certain members have been banned, but I feel a large part of the life of this site left with the *cough* more outspoken ones. And it certainly IS up to US who remain to revive this site's heartbeat. Personally, I think HC needs an injection of lively new members to participate and rejuvenate interaction among the membership. This site will *never* be what it was, but it *can* become something new. I wish we had more marbles to shake around in the jar with us.

Seriously, how many *active* users (defined by me as people who post daily or at least multiple times in a week) are there?

There are a handful of names I see regularly in the 3-4 forums I visit and I believe those numbers are less than 50 ... and more probably closer to 30.

It is hard to say which way HC will go but if it continues on its current trend I believe it is in danger of fizzling out.

I read your recent post and just tried.

Quote function still won't work for me. It only brings up an empty (nothing from your reply I tried to quote from) reply box. I also tried to copy/paste and it still does nothing. I won't try to insert a photo as that has locked up the site and I don't wish to have to close the site and re-open to unlock it. Very unfriendly.

edit to add:

What does the font in the post-boxes look like to you? EVERYTHING is in italics for me, everything. And only on this site.

Edited by Heidi n Q

Boy, you are having some problems! I only had the one, with the quote function, which is somehow, fixed.

Everything else is normal, font in post boxes, included.

I haven't been able to post pictures in a long time, even when I still had my computer and, not just the smart phone.

I don't have problems from my desktop but I won't even bother trying to post from my iPad anymore.

Yes we lost a lot of excitement when some were banned. But those same people also chased off a lot of other members that offered intelligent and insightful posts. Those people I miss more than the provocative ones.

I remember my kidding thread from last year....oh wait, it's time to bump it and get it going again. I think I'll go do that and hope it sparks a little interest. Who doesn't love baby goats, am I right?

Oh gosh, I remember all that stuff. Years ago I joined when this site was first advertised in Horse Illustrated...was that 2002? I cant remember. At any rate, my username was different then, not much different though. I forgot the password to that username and had to make a new one. Gosh, I too used to follow the H/J board. Now I mostly lurk when I can, I don't have internet at home and the internet on my phone is limited. The only time I have to come here is when Im at work. I often think about all the gals/guys here even though Ive never met anyone.....just last night on my way home I was thinking of Alleyway. Not sure if that username is totally correct, but the girl who had the lung transplant......anyone heard from her?? Gosh I hope shes doing ok. She had a rough time to say the least.

I miss all the activity that used to be here, good and bad. Gonna try harder to be more of a part of this place again.

I have been lurking here for years and am now posting more. I do miss the liveliness and the action that we used to have, but the site works for me and I really like many of the people on here, it's fun to get to 'know' people by their posts and hear about the triumphs and struggles, silly questions and good advice.

The site works for me, except having trouble posting photos from photobucket.

Equicrazy! I remember it as if it was yesterday!

I believe that was a turnaround point for me as a horse owner, lover and all the rest of it.

Feed and nutrition etc etc.

I don't use photobucket any more ..just Flickr.

Oh gosh, I remember all that stuff. Years ago I joined when this site was first advertised in Horse Illustrated...was that 2002? I cant remember. At any rate, my username was different then, not much different though. I forgot the password to that username and had to make a new one. Gosh, I too used to follow the H/J board. Now I mostly lurk when I can, I don't have internet at home and the internet on my phone is limited. The only time I have to come here is when Im at work. I often think about all the gals/guys here even though Ive never met anyone.....just last night on my way home I was thinking of Alleyway. Not sure if that username is totally correct, but the girl who had the lung transplant......anyone heard from her?? Gosh I hope shes doing ok. She had a rough time to say the least.

I miss all the activity that used to be here, good and bad. Gonna try harder to be more of a part of this place again.

You mean Alleyway? She is doing wonderfully and is riding and competing again on her Barrel horses!

You mean Alleyway? She is doing wonderfully and is riding and competing again on her Barrel horses!

I'm SO happy to hear that!

QueenBAW, as Char said, Alleyway is doing great. I've been in recent contact with her on FB. Coincidentally, she had her transplant in June of '07, the same month my husband was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis. We talked a lot about the subject of transplant at the time she was posting her progress here on HC.

We lost contact until recently when I sought her out because my husband is now needing a double lung transplant. She has been so sweet to us, even sent us two books on transplant to help us through the process.

I'm happy to say, my husband was placed on the list yesterday and now we wait. I'm hoping she and I can meet at the medical Center in Houston if we are both there on the same days.

I'm happy to say, my husband was placed on the list yesterday and now we wait. I'm hoping she and I can meet at the medical Center in Houston if we are both there on the same days.

:angel3::huggy: Wishing you the very best in the difficult journey ahead of you.

I remember all of those wild and wacky days!

Mudder with her threats of whacking people with her wooden spoons!

I think that a good part of the problem, is trying to compete with things like facebook, twitter and instant message formats. I have friends and coworkers who spend most of their life & time twitting and facebooking.

Speaking of Mudder, I miss her for many reasons, but especially her sense of humor. PD

Me too!

Just jumped on because I was thinking of one of the old members on FB. I haven't logged in in ages, but I miss the good ole days. I don't know anything that's gone on -- ****, I think my profile photo is a horse I sold 5 or 6 years ago.

That said, can I get an update?

Whatever happened with BRoo and fergus after the whole police debacle?

Whatever happened with Wheeler? Does she have horses - was she ever prosecuted?

Bumper was banned, no? Why? GSDLeader?

Is Mudder gone? SweetCaroline?

Feel free to PM me. I don't stay on forums much, but it's weird to remember certain events/people/etc and not know what happened.

Edit: Yeah, definitely a horse I sold 5-6 years ago.

Edited by RL Performance Paints

I know some of the story, but, probably not my place to repeat it.

I was around during that time, guess I can say, they started out good friends who, swore it was a great idea for one to board horses at the other's house.

The police being called, was the end result.

I'll let someone who knows more, tell the story, if, they think it should be retold.

now the quote function doesn't work :confused0024:.

I remember mudder too. I was confused when she disappeared though--wasn't she a moderator?