ozland

Remember When.......

I'll let someone who knows more, tell the story, if, they think it should be retold.

I heard a little, probably enough. Probably be best kept private.

We sure have seen some stuff here on HC. I remember Oz's little pali colt getting HC -trained to redcrowflight after her own long-term partner horse died.

And a slew of us driving from many parts of the country to help Oz put up fences on her new rescue property. The bees! The heat! The happy horses! I still have a chunk of granite Oz let me keep, it sits on a side table with some other cool stuff.

I remember an incident...

Something about horses and fire fighters...and a certain someone saying she was qualified and all that jazz.

Pretty sure there was a horse that was in rough shape too.

I remember seeing who could keep adding to the "board buddies I met" in their signature.

SweetCaroline and her stinky gas problem during pregnancy - oh the conversations we had in chat.

When SS was close to 100 people.

The horse trains to get horses across country.

....the GOOD days with people who turned into great friends.

Wouldn't it be awesome if everyone who posted on here, sharing their great memories, went and made a new thread? Let's make some new memories. While we can call the boards dead, we ourselves sure aren't. Memories don't stop being made!

:D

i remember my first post when bush was running for reelection. holy cow that thread went for PAGES, and in true HC form somebody asked after around 12 pages where the heck i had been the whole time. i also remember the parelli wars where a lot of people left. i also regret that the few gay members we had seem to feel no longer welcome.

I'm trying! This is the slow time of the year for me, so I have a little more time to kick around on the internet. :) You only have me for a month though - once kidding starts, I'll be scarce until it dies down and we settle into the production schedule again! :D

It'll probably end up like last year (I did do a kidding thread on her last year right? I might not have.) and posting many pictures at first, until I'm so overwhelmed the pictures stop coming. Lol! Then they start back up again when things slow down.

:grin:

I don't get to HC too often. It's sad to see a forum that was so lively to now be so slow. Since someone asked.... Mudder is doing well. I am Facebook friends with her. I think Facebook has replaced the activity that used to be in the chat forums. I came back here yesterday and was shocked to see that the forum is so empty. Not just the forum , but the whole HC site. This was a fun place to come everyday. I have lots of memories... The Christmas gift exchanges, Christmas card exchanges, the cook book project, the Ozland fence fixing trip (although I did not go) , all the stories and the pictures that were shared, especially enjoyed all the trail pictures that were shared in the trail riding forum, Grouchy Grizzly's Montanna cattle ranch pictures were always awesome! This was a booming place!

i looked at COTH this morning. it's different formatting but once you figure it out the functions actually work. including giving you access which has been become increasingly difficult here.

user friendliiness is the standard for social media. and if you can't even get into HC guess it's not very user friendly.

And I thought I was the only one with the access problem. Sometimes I can't get in here for weeks at a time. And our Sonny? HE don't give a flying flip about such problems. I tried, got brushed off.

Edited by ozland

I haven't been around as long as many of you, but I have loved coming here and reading about people, their stories, their horses, their families, challenges and accomplishments. I will be honest and say that sometimes I don't post, because I don't know how to get into this group of friends that is already existing, and I feel like my horse knowledge and advice is limited compared to others and I only post around lunch time, so maybe I miss the evening chats, etc.. But I would love to see this place get more active and promise to be more active and hopefully get to know some of you better.

Yep PD. Seems like it's headed that direction. Facebook seems to be "the thing" now days.

Facebook is a great thing I suppose, but I like how HC has some ground rules, where on facebook you can cuss & swear like a sailor, I don't need to read where someone can't put a sentence together, without profanity. There are many good people on facebook that don't use trash talk, but here on HC it doesn't get off the ground. PD

I don't either Oz, but my wife & daughters plus my grandson do, so I get to see or hear what other post there. Like I said many good people on facebook, but the few that talk trash get noticed quickly, I'm no saint when it comes to using foul language, but I try to represent myself better in cyber space. PD

Not to mention a lot of OTHER garbage that happens there. I don't need it. I have a phone and email to keep up with the folks I WANT to know.

Facebook is a great thing I suppose, but I like how HC has some ground rules, where on facebook you can cuss & swear like a sailor, I don't need to read where someone can't put a sentence together, without profanity. There are many good people on facebook that don't use trash talk, but here on HC it doesn't get off the ground. PD

The nice thing about that is you decide who is and isn't on your FB. If there is someone talking like that, then you can hide them/block them. FB is like HC, it's what you make of it.

....along with what everyone ELSE wants to make of it also......I don't WANT to spend time blocking and removing and hiding........

Whatever happened with Wheeler? Does she have horses - was she ever prosecuted?

after she. was banned year or so later i believe asked to come back explained things she was allowed ........ didn't go well

at the time yes she did have few horses . i don't think she wasn't prosecuted....

Something about horses and fire fighters...and a certain someone saying she was qualified and all that jazz.

Pretty sure there was a horse that was in rough shape too.

Daffney

I remember some things others not..

I;m not here often anymore....

Edited by Ann Wheeler

That said, can I get an update?

Whatever happened with BRoo and fergus after the whole police debacle?

I'll say this because I believe mental illness should not be stigmatized: My understanding is that phurgus had a psychotic break (that's the medical term; no judgment here). I don't know what happened from there, but I hope she got help.

The nice thing about that is you decide who is and isn't on your FB. If there is someone talking like that, then you can hide them/block them. FB is like HC, it's what you make of it.

Off topic, but... is "unfollow" how you hide people now? I don't want to block or unfriend a guy, but I don't want to be reminded of him right now either.

Edited by Kina Kat

yep Kina. You do that and their stuff doesn't come up in your news feed but you can still go to their wall and look.

Edited by journeysgirl

"newsfeed"? what--is that, like "the situation room"?

I am not now, or ever going to be, "on" facebook. just hearing about it wierds me out.

I have to admit that I haven't been here very much in the past couple of years.

My only computer is at home and most of my time seems to be spent either working or taking my brother to the ER or doctor's appointments or grocery shopping when I can find a free hour.

What time I have, is spent with my horse and sadly, she is getting the short end of the stick.

Ahh, the good ole days! It seems fb has put an end to a lot of forums, big and small. Way back when I first started here I would put up a pic every morning of what the day looked like while the kids were waiting for the bus. I wandered here when I lost my job. Somehow that didn't bother me when things were really going on here, lol. This place gave support to people when they needed it.