Sign in to follow this  
Flying Stars

:-(

Well, we were woken up by pretty much being flooded out this morning! :-( Christmas day almost 12 degree's out F. Rain for over 24 hours. and melting snow, equals! Flood :-(

The water was right up on the corner piece and up to our barn...roads were covered with water..neighbors had to be evacuated, first by firetruck, than with a boat, the folks that we bought the barn from, had

4 feet of water in their basement! We didn't have anything at all in the house..till we came home..and discovered that there was over a foot of water in the basement!

Not even spring yet.

Oh man, that sux. I hope you have a sump pump, if not, better get one! Flooding, mud and standing water is pretty much a given here, we have a high water table to boot. The first year we moved here, we were ready to pack up and move out, it was that bad. But little by little we've made improvements and I guess we're probably just used to it by now and instead of freaking out every time it rains, we just sort of look at each other and say "it goes away eventually" lol

Thank you everyone!

We will be soon investing in a "generator" as well as a sump pump that will actually turn on!

Will do that before spring gets here that is for sure! We now have Insurance people wanting us

to call and report damages, big or small. I however will not call, I hear once you use your

flood insurance that you cannot get coverage for it again. I am so happy that I am not 100 feet closer

to the river that is for sure!

Only thing I can do now, is prepare a head for the spring flooding!

BIG HUGS! :huggy: :huggy: :huggy:

Dealing with a flood in your home at any time of the year, is bad.

Having your holiday cheer ruined.

Sucks.

:angel3: :angel3: Heres to a slow spring thaw and a dry basement!

My aunt in Kansas, has a couple of submersible pumps designed for large water falls. They spew water out through the windows when her basement gets flooded. Her house is the lowest one in a neighborhood of fifty homes and all the extra water from a gully washer storm, heads straight for her new house. She calls it her "Indoor wading pool".

Edited by dondie