nick

New Year's Resolutions?

this is a topic that I usually detest when it's brought up, but this year I really became aware of plastic packaging and its prevalence. it's as though it's impossible to avoid!! I posted about this on open debate, but it's reached the point that I've decided i'm going to look twice at any product that is contained in plastic before buying because i'm fed up! my husband brought back some gouda cheese yesterday (vacum packed in plastic), and guess what it tasted like? plastic!!

plastics are choking our oceans and making our foods and water taste like nothing I want to consume. this isn't really a new year's resolution and more of a decision to change my consumer habits.

Nothing formal. I'm going to try and reduce my soda intake, especially Diet Soda. If focusing on the health benefits doesn't provide enough motivation, maybe taking the money I'm not spending on soda and using it to pay for cable tv will help... We will see.

Tracy

I'm gonna try to cut back on my candy (especially chocolate) intake. I have gotten to the point that I literally cannot go into town (wal mart, johnsons, dollar stores, gas stations, etc...) without buying some sort of chocolate bar. Def. gonna try and cut back.

Ah yes, chocolate, my other addiction. One thing at a time... Soda now, maybe chocolate later in the year. If I try to change too much, I'll not last 24 hours. I've at least learned that much over the years.

Tracy

Organization!!!

We had a new years party today so the house was cleaned very well. I have made a chore chart and plan to spend my life enjoying my time instead of cleaning house/washing dishes/laundry/picking up etc. any moment I have. Everyone in my family now has a daily chore, and am truly hopeful this will be the key to keeping my house functional.

My biggest is to continue not drinking. I got my 30 day medallion last week and am starting out patient treatment tonight. Aside from that, starting back in November, I've been going to the gym almost every day, am eating healthier and have mostly cut out diet Dew. Still smoking though, but I'm giving myself a temporary pass on that one since I'm doing so many other big changes in my life.

I feel great and can't wait to see what 2015 brings with all these changes. But your post got me thinking, Nick. I'm going to ponder the whole plastic container thing and see how to go about it. Seems like it can only be good.

great! if you don't buy plastic wrapped products anymore, the industry has no choice but to make a change because there is no market!!

Primary: SWEARING! I'm known at work for "having a potty mouth"... I want to eliminate it.........DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS? I drop way to many f bombs. UGH.

Secondary: Weight loss!

3 years ago my resolution was to wear makeup to work every day......and now i wear makeup almost every day lol.

My biggest is to continue not drinking. I got my 30 day medallion last week and am starting out patient treatment tonight. Aside from that, starting back in November, I've been going to the gym almost every day, am eating healthier and have mostly cut out diet Dew. Still smoking though, but I'm giving myself a temporary pass on that one since I'm doing so many other big changes in my life.

I feel great and can't wait to see what 2015 brings with all these changes. But your post got me thinking, Nick. I'm going to ponder the whole plastic container thing and see how to go about it. Seems like it can only be good.

Farah,

I just read this..... and want you to know how proud of you I am for the dedication you showed by receiving that 30 day medallion. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

(hugs)

char

I'm down to sometimes 1, other times 0 sodas. I'm making progress. Now to add in dietary changes so that I improve the quality of the food I eat. Baby steps. Next is addressing the sugar addiction... I am finding I have great respect for anyone giving up tobacco or alcohol, or any drug for that matter. I can go a day or two without sweets, but then I backslide. :( I need to do better. It sounds simple. Especially since I'm the only human in the house, so no one else is feeding or offering me foods that I should pass on. Ah well. I'm not ready to give up. Too many health benefits if I succeed!

Tracy

I am working on just try to be better with life across the board. So far I have been doing really well at walking the treadmill, making healthy smoothies for breakfast & being a better critter Mom. My ultimate goal is to be & do better at work.