Sign in to follow this  
steph1

She's Passed :(

My friends mom was taken to the er last night and was rushed into emergency surgery. She had an esophageal tear. She will be sedated for a few days yet and will be at the hospital for a few weeks. She's out of surgery and needs some major jingles.

Edited by Appaloosa Luver

My friends mom woke up and demanded to be removed from life support. She was lost. Had no idea where she was, what happened or what day it was. The nurses didn't give her any info. She's not in pain and is feeling better. She's not outta the woods yet but this is a positive step in the right direction!

Thanks AD. She my friends mom! They are cautiously optimistic about her recovery! they were going to remove the drain last night but didn't because she was nauseous. She's feeling good. She's feeling sore but is in good spirits! So yay!

No clue on how it happened. The chest tub was there (if I understood right) because the tear was bleeding into her chest. She's so lucky that she didn't wait to go to the Drs. She's fighting nausea and is refusing to eat but she's still hanging on.

It is difficult to eat when you're nauseous and eating in a hospital setting is extra difficult because of the "institutional" food. I had family scoop my hospital food into hallway trashcans and bring me comfort foods from home, things I knew I liked and could/would eat. This way the hospital noted my food trays looked "eaten" and I really was taking in nutrition.

My dad had something like this happen about 6 years go..it was caused by an ulcer in the esophagus that ruptured. He started to bleed out..acid reflux was the cause of it . He used to pop Tums like candy..not anymore...Tums were causing his stomach to produce more acid, causing the ulcer... scary stuff that's for sure...of course the man has been eating my mothers cooking for 63 years. That's even scarier! People need to be careful what they do to relieve themselves from aches and pains...

It's with an extremely heavy heart I'm to says she's currently in hospice care. Not expected to make it through the night. I'm so upset about this. She was a firecracker. I thought she'd pull through. :( :( :(

Just got home from seeing her. What a feisty lady. LOL she was busy bossing us around. LOL I'm sure it was quite comical watching me, my friend and her boyfriend trying like crazy to get her somewhat comfortable on the bed pan. I'd reposition it and she'd goes not better yet or NOOOOOOOO UP. Finally after the pain meds at 840 she zoned out and we said screw it and took it from under her. She was cracking me up. Making all sorts of mean funny faces at me. Then she said she was gonna beat me up. About 25 mins after I got there she looked right at me, perked up and said HEY. I know you. LOL to which I responded I sure hope so. LOL hopefully she pulls out of it. She looked good. I dunno.

Thanks yall. She isn't answering my texts. I feel so bad. She was such a great lady!

Thanks equi! I thought she'd pull through too. I think her lungs just quit. Sucks!

She sounds like the kind of sweet and feisty person we all wish to have in our lives.

You are blessed to have a last memory of her that is both wonderful & funny.

Prayers and Hugs for all of the people who love her. :angel3: :angel3: :huggy: :huggy:

Kat