pepperann

Prayers For My Father In Law Please

My father in law has been sick for a couple of months now. He has severe pain in his shoulder, around his rib cage and down his arm. He finally got into the VA for a full work up and they found lung cancer :(

I only got to talk to my hubby for a minute, but he said it was "bad". I mentioned doing a couple things when FIL came home and hubby didn't sound to sure that FIL would get to come home.

Our family could use all the prayers you can spare right now.

Edited by Pep'N'Ann

Thanks guys! We got a little more info yesterday. The cancer is taking up the top 1/4 of the right lung, with spots on the shoulder and pelvic bones. Surgery is not an option. They are going to do a biopsy today to find out what type of cancer it is. If it's small cell, a fast growing kind, they will admit him and start chemo today. Prognosis in this case is 2-12 months.

If it's not small cell, we will bring him home and hit it with all the natural remedy's we can and hope for the best.

Please keep praying, either way we are going to need it.

He seems to be sleeping a little better, but he is still in a lot of pain. He decided not to stay with us, I think our house it a bit chaotic for him. He starts chemo on Thursday.

I sent my SIL, whom he lives with, some info on diet and natural cures, but I'm not sure if they have started doing anything in that regard yet.

We are spending the weekend with FIL so my niece, who has been doing the majority of the care for him, can go to Reno to celebrate her 21st B-Day.

Dad says the pain is a little better, but not much. He is having a hard time eating. He has never felt hungry, and now it's just a lot of work for him to eat.

Good news is that the mass in his lung is not all cancer. The Dr said that part of the lung has collapsed and that's whats showing as a mass. They said once we knock out some of the tumor, the lung should re-inflate and a lot of the pain should go away.

Well, no good news here :surrender: Dr is saying that 4 weeks would be a merical at this point. Hubby and his sister are getting everything in order and hubby and I are making plans to move into the house that Dad has. SIL already lives there, but she can't make the payments on her own. It is a nice big house, so there is enough room.

Good news on moving is that I'll be able to have some chickens and maybe a couple of goats. We are also moving closer to a bigger town, so groceries are a lot cheaper. We'll also be closer to my parents. Bad news is I'm leaving the coast, which I have come to love in the short time I've been here. I guess hubby will just have to put up with vacations over here :)

FIL passed away this evening. I think it was a blessing. Hubby seems to be OK, but I haven't seen him yet, only talked to him on the phone. SIL and nice are a mess according to hubby. We'll go back on Friday night, but hubby has work tomorrow and Friday.