Sign in to follow this  
wolfhaven

Cut Weight Challenge

So.... we've had a few threads on weight loss, even had an HC sponsored weight loss challenge a few years ago. I'm willing to sponsor one if there's enough interest. I'm not talking big money, little money... I'm willing to donate a tiny sum of $40 as an incentive. Just a little something for motivation. Anyone else want to add to that total please do so. You'll have to mail it to JG.

Basic guidelines:

Minimum number of participants is 6.

Starts March 15th and ends July 15th 2015.

JG volunteered to be the record keeper and hold the prize money.

On March 15th participants will take a picture of their bare feet on the scale.

Pictures and starting weight will be sent via IM to JG.

Each week, on Monday, participants will send, via IM, their new weight to JG

On July 15th participants will have to send another picture of their bare feet on the scale and send to JG with the written weight.

JG will track and announce the winner, get their address and send off the cash.

Anything I'm missing?

Anyone interested?

Yep, who's gonna join us???

anyone interested in joining can IM me and I'll give you my email. Then you can email the info or PM it.

everyone signed up so far

Wolfhaven

Journeysgirl

railroadwoman

horsecrazybvh

Serah Rose

Nick

jonathanward2006

arielmarie

Pep'N'Ann

Edited by journeysgirl

I would, but being on steroid meds means I lose very slowly. But at least I am losing, about 2 pounds a month. So no contest for me.

can I compete but to gain weight? I could use another 10 lbs (and of course in all the right places haha).

Ramblin go to the store and pull a scale off the shelf. I do advise against stripping down in the store aisle. Boy does management get upset with you when you do that... :rolleye0014: Thanks for adding to the victory pot!

Nick, we can do that. Total weight change can work as the goal.

Woohoo!!! Up to $60!! Come on people, what have you got to lose but a little weight? We need a few more people to commit.

Each week JG will record the individual numbers. I'll post the total change of the group here. Feel free to post your own results and how things are going.

Uh oh, we only have four committed to the challenge. We need a couple more by the end of the week.

Thank you to those that offered to donate to the pot. It's grown quite nicely. I want to remind people that no money is required, or expected, to enter. Hoping for a group with a common goal to have some fun and lean on each other for support and a push when needed.

We are getting there!!!

Would you guys be interested in me posting workout videos daily? The fitness group I'm in posts daily workouts for those that can't make the workout classes.

Oh that is a good idea of having workout links.

Could we have a listing at the top of our post of who has joined. Not sure about you all but my memory can be really short.

By the way I am getting my fill of shamrock shakes before Sunday

I will join, I'll order a scale with my Amazon gift card balance! Went to Wal-Mart to just stand on one for a pic, but they were all in boxes. The nerve.

We did this this morning, it was a great workout. It's easy once you figure out the steps. If you can line dance at all your are golden. It's good for all levels of fitness. For people that are lower level you can do smaller moves and not actually jump. If you are starting out in a bit better shape you can take bigger steps to get your heart pumping. This was the first time I did this, heck, I'd never heard of it till this morning. I love this and will be doing this on my off days at home.

http://bokwafitness.com/

youtube is a fantastic tool to find videos to workout too. If actually working out isn't your thing, grab your horse and or dog and take them for a brisk walk. Then it's a two-fer, you are getting you and your critter in a bit better shape.

Oh that is a good idea of having workout links.

Could we have a listing at the top of our post of who has joined. Not sure about you all but my memory can be really short.

By the way I am getting my fill of shamrock shakes before Sunday

Got the list added to my first post and added a link to a fantastic workout!!

Looks like we're on!! :yay: Sending an envelope to JG in today's mail. Official start picture is March 15. Contact JG to find out the best way to get the pic of your feet on the scale to her. No pic, no prize. :wacko:

Ate a donut this morning for my prep....

Ate a donut this morning for my prep....

LOL

I had whole wheat pancakes :) However, I maybe ate one to many, they were super yummy.

Everyone set for the first weigh in on Sunday? I'm getting myself psyched up for the challenge. Anyone going to use a fitness tracker or use one now? Any recommendations?

Apparently the iPhone has a built in step counter. I just got it yesterday, and I am going to try it out during this challenge. I don't know how accurate it is, but I am going to attempt to beat the previous day's steps everyday. I really need to loose 50-60 lbs...I am hoping I can get motivated with this challenge.

Eta- I will pitch in $10 too.

Edited by horsecrazybvh

I have decent self control, most of the time. I get really grouchy if I'm hungry, so I have to pay attention and keep healthy snacks around. I also have trouble getting enough exercise.

Pep. Same here as I'm not a huge snacker. Just have a hard time getting to exercise.

Seeing as I don't ride going to try & go for two mile walks. Seeing as the ponies are always in the paddock it will be smart to take them for walks. Sucky part is how early will have to get up.