Sign in to follow this  
wolfhaven

Cut Weight Challenge

That's very interesting, WH, I pretty much had ingrained in me, to drink 8 glasses a day.

You mean, I didn't HAVE to go to the bathroom 30 times a day!?

Even so, the body still burns 100 calories bringing cold water to body temperature..... so, even 3 or4 glasses of chilled water, can do ya some good.

Edited by equicrzy

Equicrzy, there is a beer and ice cream diet as well. It goes along with the thought of drinking cold beer and ice cream burns a ton of calories because your body has to heat it to digest. Now that is my kind of diet! 😁

Today's lunch was spinach and romaine salad with 2 hard boiled eggs, bacon, and not enough ranch dressing. Supper was a handful of m&ms and water.

I drank a ton of water today. Not because I was trying to be healthy, but because I was sweating like crazy and it was hot and I was thirsty! Thirsty Thursday!

So what do you buy a scale to apologize for some harsh language directed at it? :ashamed0002: Ever since this $%*# scale has not been nice to me... I need this scale to like me again

That's what you get for talking harshly to her!!

Took the youngest kid and 2 of the dogs and went for a 2 1/2 mile jog/walk. 45 minutes in my target heart rate. My goal is to get where I can make it around our 4 mile "block" in an hour. I set the timer on my phone and head out. When it goes off I turn around and head home. I can't wait till I hit the halfway mark before my timer goes off!!

Sorry I've been MIA for a little bit!

I think there is some confusion I'm reading about the amount of kcals burned regarding drinking cold water... kcals are not the same thing as calories, and our foods are measured in kcals. Just think, if just drinking ice water burned that many kilocalories, no one would be overweight and it would be an easy fix! Here's a link that explains the contribution of drinking cold water. :smilie:http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/diet-fitness/weight-loss/question447.htm

In other news, Wednesday I passed my dissertation defense and I officially got my PhD in nutritional sciences! I am so relieved and excited! This morning I thoroughly cleaned the house and did yard work and it felt so nice to not be feeling guilty about not working on my dissertation.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Arghh!!! Just weighed myself, which I usually don't do during the week and I am up 2 pounds since Monday. Today is the heaviest I have ever been in my life so far.

In other news, Wednesday I passed my dissertation defense and I officially got my PhD in nutritional sciences! I am so relieved and excited! This morning I thoroughly cleaned the house and did yard work and it felt so nice to not be feeling guilty about not working on my dissertation.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Congratulations! A great accomplishment! Although, I wouldn't have celebrated by cleaning and doing yard work!

Horse craze. We have all been there. The time I was there & figured had to do something was when hubby could put my pants on. I am currently at the cusp of being there again.

It will come off but don't drive yourself crazy worrying about it. Just take little steps to meet your goal.

Yesterday was busy. Up at 5am for a good game skating out. Some time at menards picking up lumber, then out for a 4mile hike with the dogs before heading back into town for three + hours of bowling for bewbs charity event. Of course bowling required the consumption of greasy pizza and drinking beer... Pedometer registered over 14,000 steps for the day.

Today... Just took a 2 hour nap after a morning of doing nothing... Nap is over, time to get to work.

Now that you're a doc of nutrition you go out and eat cake, ice cream and pizza? Didn't you learn anything in college? :rotf: You're not allowed to eat bad food anymore... Unless it's for research of course :happy0203: Congrats by the way!!

Was down a mighty 1 pound this week. Slow and steady, steady and slow...

HCBVH, have you tried tracking all your food with Myfitnesspal or an app like that?

I didn't go to my workout this morning. We spent part of yesterday cutting up a huge tree that was down. At one point something popped between my shoulder blades and I couldn't breathe let alone workout this morning. So when I got up this morning I was still in pain and forgot to weigh myself. I went to the chiro this morning and he straightened me out. Gonna get some sort of workout in tonight after work.

Up 1.5lbs this week. Was good yesterday about eating. Better today with meals & also drinking more water. Also made two trips up the driveway with the critters for my workout.

By the way-- is anyone a member of your local YMCA? I did a class today I'd never done before, it was called "piloxing." It was so hard!!! And amazing!!! It was a cross I think between kickboxing and pilates. My legs and arms and core are exhausted!

woohoo!!! I'm down to 219.8 this morning!!!! Drinking my coffee now and gonna get dressed and head out for a "run" ie jog/walk as much as I can. I downloaded an app called "couch to 5K" on my phone and am gonna try it out this morning to see if I like it.

Giddy, I"m not right now (and probably won't be cause they are so expensive) but I am looking into the gyms we have in the small town where I will be working come this summer. I've heard of that class but never knew what it was. Sounds interesting

The workout class I'm doing is kicking my butt but only in the matter of I have to get up at 4:15 in the morning to get to it on time. Then after the class I don't have enough time to drive home and be home for a bit before leaving for work. So I drive straight to work and then sit at my all ready boring job for 2 hours before we open up. I will be joining a gym this fall so I can go there and workout for an hour before getting ready for work there. I won't have to leave my house till 6:30 to get my workout in and be to work on time. RIght now, I"m out the door by 5 on the days I workout. I freaking hate getting up that early. I used to do my housework in the mornings but now i'm having to do it at night. Which is working out so well, I don't get home till 6:30 and we have 8 head of horses to ride along with critter chores and such. Bla.. don't mind me, I just woke up and am trying to wake up so I can go for my run.. lol

JG sounds like you popped a rib out. Not a fun experience.

Not sure if it was a rib or not but the chiro straightened me right out!! Felt much better after going to him.

This weather is not helping. After work a dragged the bike out for a ride. 40 degrees, cloudy, windy, spitting snow. Snow at 40 degrees... The wind was off the lake which is always cold. Planned on three laps but it was just too cold so I wimped out and stopped after two. Did slog my way through a mile of pure joy... Not sure why I decided to run again. On the positive side this mile was almost 30 seconds faster than last week. Running once a week isn't going to help much.

The Y here is pretty spendy too. Other than the pool for swimming laps there isn't much they do different I would be interested in.

Heard a blurb on the news about yet another new report on supplements. Apparently taking a bunch of supplements increases your risk for certain cancers. I'll have to look more into it. I was getting ready for work and wasn't focused on the news.

My two favorite apples are honeycrisp and jonagolds. Jonagolds aren't available here right now so I bought some not paying too much attention to the price per pound. At the register I about fell over. Nearly $2 per apple! Need to look for a new favorite I think.

OK, like the C25K app. (WU/CD = warm up and cool down)

LJp78Pf.png

now I'm working on getting my heart rate monitor programmed so I can be sure I'm working in my THR from here on out.