Sign in to follow this  
wolfhaven

Cut Weight Challenge

Tracy. Try drinking 20 oz of water about 30 minutes before you are going to eat. It takes about 30 minutes for the signal that you are full gets to your brain.

Got up this morning and went for a walk/jog. Took the fat dog with me too. It'll be good for both of us. Started out doing a mile. I didn't dress quite warm enough and my back was cramping something terrible. Not sure why either. The dog was pulling the first bit of the walk. Could be that or maybe I need different shoes or something. I wanted to walk more but didn't push it. I messed my back up pretty bad a few weeks ago. I don't push it now LOL.

I recorded my ( cough, cough) treadmill workout from last night. Thought my (bull!@#$) workout may inspire others.... :wacko:

Anyone care to dance?

Yes I stole this from youtube.... :ph34r:

I like your diet AM.... :drool:

I was good. grilled chicken breasts, split a baked potato and some corn for dinner. Today will be brutal. It's our monthly office lunch where we each bring an ingredient or two for a bigger meal. Today's menu is subs. I always overeat on these days. In my defense most times I am still full at dinner and just skip it. With the subs we'll have chips and dip laid out all day, some rich dessert that's packed full of calories and soda.

Biked again last night. Think I'll skip the muddy dirt road on my next one and slide over to a paved backroad with hills and go longer.

JG, if you are having cramps, try upping your calcium and potassium intake. That's what helps me :)

I severely strained my back 3 weeks ago. This was the same pain that I had then. I think it had more to do with the overweight dog pulling on me the first quarter mile lol. I'm still having issues with my back and have to be careful when we workout on some of the stuff they have us do. If it doesn't get better quickly I will look into upping those.

I had ice cream cake yesterday.....it was amazing.....and not on my diet

I ate Dove chocolate pieces, ha ha! But I had to get rid of the bag, right????

BUT, today I had a smoothie for breakfast, woo hoo! Blueberries, cherries, peas, protein powder, coconut milk and water. PLUS I use my stick blender to make them now, which is a fraction of the hassle to use and clean up and leaves the smoothie genuinely smooth.

Renewed my My Fitness Pal goals, too, and started logging. If anyone wishes to follow I am segodby.

This challenge is great! I wish I'd have been checking HC so I could have seen it earlier.

I'm currently doing a challenge with a local gym (we each put in $300 and we get our money back for the gym fees and all the supplies and such if we hit the 20 pound weight loss goal. There are 2 weeks left and I have 4 more pounds to lose).

I was planning on adding you Greenhaven on MFP, but I think I might be not quite intelligent enough to figure it out. My name is "laurenlynnamaya" on there if anyone wants to be my friend! I have no friends yet.

I was planning on adding you Greenhaven on MFP, but I think I might be not quite intelligent enough to figure it out. My name is "laurenlynnamaya" on there if anyone wants to be my friend! I have no friends yet.

I will take a look, but if YOU can't figure it out I am not likely to do it. :/

Are we supposed to send in body pics every week, or just the scale pics? I had to hide the scale from myself, I have issues. Lol

You added me, thank you! :) I'm excited to have a friend on there... haha. Anyway, everyone keep up the great work!

Yeah, I had to dig for it, but I found you!

Just a quick question-- since I missed the start date for this challenge, is it a better idea for me to bump up the weight-loss thread and post there and save this thread for those participating?

IMHO, whether someone is actively "competing" or not they should be welcome to post here. But this is not my show, so I will leave it to the Chiefs.

Sweet! Sounds great. By the way-- I know I'm really stuck on this MFP friend thing, but now I feel like I'm accountable and have to eat extra well since others can see! :ph34r: So anyone add me if you want!

I think I just sabotaged myself :( Kiddo and I made a batch of peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips.

I did go on a walk today, missed the delivery of a new sim card for hubby's phone :( They'll try again tomorrow. When the cookies are done, kiddo and I are going to go scope out some new places to gather clams :)

but now I feel like I'm accountable and have to eat extra well since others can see! :ph34r:

That is the whole point, for me! Not just for others to see, but it helps me be accountable to myself when I have to write it all down. I most certainly made decisions today NOT to eat certain things because I would have to tell on myself. And when that first piece of Dove went in my mouth without thinking about it my first thought was "Crap! Now I have to tell." So I only ate four instead of five. :)

Serah what about the smoothie don't you like? The texture? If it's the flavor, keep trying till you find what you like.

Well, didn't find any new clam area's, but I did find a nice mussel bed. I'll be able to supplement the grocery budget from there. Now, if only I can cook them with out a ton of butter, lol. Walk was nice out in the sun, but we went at kiddo speed, so not sure how many calories I burned, not as many as I got from eating cookies I'm sure :(

Pep can you cook them in olive oil?

Oh I like smoothies but I make mine with almond milk & Greek yogurt. Put in any frozen fruit you like.

I am out of almond milk so no shakes this past week

Post away Giddy. This is the first week so we'll have a lot of posts. It's slow down and we'll need people posting to keep the pressure up.

Had a good hike with the dogs last night. The weather terrorists are predicting snow/rain mix this afternoon so we'll see if I hike, bike or watch college hockey tonight. I do play in the morning and will be skating instead of playing goalie. Not that I don't get a good workout in goal, I do sweat soak all my clothes and gear, but skating out I'm doing more sprints and working my lungs. Afterwards it'll be subway breakfast and then off to a clan gathering for the weekend.

Can't get myself to make or drink smoothies either. Something about mixing veggies and fruit. I generally eat 4 pieces of fruit and some carrots as part of my work lunch. Not so much on weekends.

jg we always cook mussels or clams the following way and they're delish! saute chopped garlic or shallots in olive oil in a large sauté pan. throw in cleaned mussels or clams and enough white wine to cover the bottom of the pan and then tightly cover. when they've opened add chopped, seeded tomato and parsley and serve in a bowl with fresh warm baguette to sop up the delicious juices. i'm pretty sure this is a low fat, low calorie way to prepare them and they taste really, really good. and it's quick!! (i'm jealous that you can just stroll out there and find them...)