Sign in to follow this  
wolfhaven

Cut Weight Challenge

Yesterday I was horrible food-wise. I was stressed. I went to bed with a plan for today - food and exercise-wise. And I pretty much stuck to it. I only broke my "no cookies today" rule one time...I needed that cookie after burying Bandit. I think digging the hole made up for the cookie though, right?

Drug some pasture, rode horses, trimmed some feet. Poached eggs on one piece of toast and some bacon for brekkie, a meatball and frito crumbs for lunch (and a cookie) and for supper I'll probably have PB&J.

And I would PM you the scale pic JG, but of course I left my phone up at the barn...so tonight!

I had three donuts today. Big bakery style donuts. They were so good.

I did bike my little road twice and then hiked my dogs a couple miles. Might have made up for the first donut. I hope.

The scale didn't beat me up too bad this morning. Threw a pork roast in the crockpot so it can cook and soak up all that sugar from the root beer. Then I'll coat it with BBQ sauce loaded with high fructose corn syrup, stuff it on a big carb loaded bun. I really don't have a clue for making low calorie, healthy meals. :rotf:

Edited by wolfhaven

I am on vacation.....in arizona....where they have in and out burgers......um....I may be in trouble! Bright side...there will be some hiking and alot of swimming this week though!

Not taking the train? How will you ever stay on track... :rotf:

The scale hated me this morning. Apparently donuts aren't such a good thing for losing weight. Who knew? :confused0024:

Not taking the train? How will you ever stay on track... :rotf:

The scale hated me this morning. Apparently donuts aren't such a good thing for losing weight. Who knew? :confused0024:

groan.....

I'm down 2/10's this morning.. Not gonna have a big loss this week I'm guessing. We'll see.

I had another OK day yesterday. Cereal and milk w/ a banana for breakfast, leftover mashed potatoes and gravy for lunch and a homemade BBQ chicken pizza for dinner. I took a nice long walk, about an hour on the beach. I wasn't walking fast though, so I don't know how many calories I burned. I did find an itty bitty sand dollar though, it's smaller than a dime and all in one piece :)

last couple of days have not been good. Boy2 is home for the week, and we all went out to eat twice on Tuesday. Yesterday I entertained some family and made cauliflower spaghetti but it was veggie pasta and, well, cauliflower, lol!

I ate too much for dinner. I made blts with millionaires bacon. I ended up eating 2 sandwiches because Im fairly certain it is a sin to let bacon go to waste, and well it had lots of veggies on it too! But I'm so uncomfortable now and stuffed.

But I have been doing decent with being active and doing some workouts this week

I haven't been to bad during our trip. Been good about drinking water.

Wolf. I am always being derailed by hubby. Do the best I can to stay on track but because I am much like a heavy weight need to use the wrecker crane to lift me back up on my feet

Hope made enough rail references for you.

I've got to start eating supper earlier. We've not been eating supper till 9:30/10 this week. It's showing on the scales too. They aren't bugging this week so far.

I do most of the cooking so I try to push dinner out when I get home. With longer daylight hours I can eat and still get some stuff done outside afterwards. I've made a pork stir fry, pulled pork and beef stew this week. Not exactly "diet" food but I like it. My scale's not budging either. Not enough exercise. Last night we had warmer temps but 25mph winds with gusts of 45 prevented me from having any interest in putting my fat fanny on my bike.

RRW, have you engineered any time for exercise on your trip? Get that caboose movin' in that hotel pool or exercise room...

I have a feeling this will be a hold steady week for me. considering the box of somoa's I ate last night, and the sugar cookies I baked on Wednesday, and the bunny rolls I'm about to bake....

No cute caboose here but a krummy behind. However my train master would say it is cute.

Last night got to have some pool time. Yesterday & today strolled leasurly looking at & inspecting equipment. Not much to account for anything but it is movement.

All can say is going to have to buckle down & get rid of the poundage. n the past week have been feeling like crap

I am not off the rails but just not watching where I am going. Not feeling so hot, between my back and a bug, so at least I amnot pigging out. Had a mad craving for cake last night. I settled for a glass of cider.

Yesterday was my final weigh in for my challenge. I lost 27 pounds so I got my $300! I weighed 186, but I did a water manipulation to make sure I'd reach the 20 pounds I needed to lose, so about 5 of those pounds weren't "real." I took yesterday off completely after the weigh-in from eating healthy and ate at a Mexican restaurant for lunch, ate Qdoba for dinner, ate a post-dinner snack, had a soccer game and then my teammates wanted to go to a late dinner afterwards so I ate dinner again!

I went on a 70 minute jog this morning and then went to church and my parents' for Easter where we had a cook out. So today's not a great food day either, but I actually am excited to get back on board tomorrow.

By the way-- have you all noticed since losing weight how FREEZING you are all the time? Today it is dreary and about 55 and I am just freezing. I'm wearing my winter coat and am lying in bed with all my covers on. I guess I'd rather be cold than hot!

Congratulations!

Didn't do to bad during our trip. Lost 2lbs sitting in the truck for a total 1500 miles.

Today was good about eating other than a later dinner. This afternoon was out doors brushing the ponies, took each one just a bit up the yard then did a bit; of yard work. Made for a really nice afternoon

I'm at 221.2 this morning. I did really good yesterday. Normally our family dinners are in the house at the SO's sister's house. It was so nice yesterday we did it out in the garage. So instead of everyone gathering in the kitchen around the island (read food). We were all outside in the garage. So I didn't graze my way through the food before the meal. Then once we ate, I got a little bit of everything I wanted. I didn't skip any foods, just took smaller portions!!! I took a relish tray for my passing dish. Have lots of veges left over for my lunches this week!!!!

Off to my workout here in a few minutes. Happy weigh-ins everyone!!

After the first two weeks of big losses I was afraid I was due for a gain week. Managed to fight that off and stayed right where I was at. Guess I ate way too many donuts and then finished Saturday night off with a big piece of french silk pie...

Hard to tell if I've been colder. Spent all day outside in 32 degree temps.

189.5! Down another pound for a running total of three, it is a miracle! Imagine if I actually applied myself. :/

Congrats, Giddy, that is awesome! You deserved that break, for sure.

I am entering into my monthly eat-all-the-cake time, so the next week will be a real challenge. Hopefully will make up for shortcomings by being more active. Shouldn't be a problem, I have soooo much to do.

I'm up to 209.2. Almost 2 lbs gained. 😩 and this was my most active week.

I'm doing fruit and yogurt smoothies for breakfast this week, salads for lunch and protein and a veggie for dinner.

My biggest problem is portion control. I love food, and have an impossible time not stuffing myself. Sometimes I wish I were a terrible cook so I wouldn't be tempted to eat so much.

I encourage you, bvh, not to completely cut out carbs, as they play a major role in triggering your "I'm full" response. The secret is in complex carbs, however, i.e. whole grains.

You might also try adding coconut oil to your smoothies, it is an excellent fat source and cn also contribute to helping you feel full and stay full.

Didn't you mention drinking lots of beer this past week? Alcohol will be a killer with calories.

I love to eat too. But I've found after a week or two I've adjusted and can eat less and after a bit I feel full. At the table I feel like I could eat a lot more so I need to restrain and let my body have some time to figure out I've actually eaten enough.

This week I'm going to add some upper body workouts and definitely some ab work.