QueenBAW

Getting Out Of Horses...is This What I Really Want?

PepNAnn maybe. I won't know if that's an option until sometime this summer when he and my mom get back from their cross country trip.

I think I would be happy just trail riding on the weekends. I'm hoping I can talk my neighbor into going with me on a couple.

It did feel good to spend some time with him yesterday evening, even if it was just a brushing. I had hoped to start making it a routine every evening and was going to start some lounging but...its calling for some crappy weather here tomorrow. Ugh.

Just for the record, I'm waiting for my neighbors to get back from Fl.before I ride my horse. Right now there's no one here should something happen, and I no longer ride alone ever since my accident years ago.

Just for the record, I'm waiting for my neighbors to get back from Fl.before I ride my horse. Right now there's no one here should something happen, and I no longer ride alone ever since my accident years ago.

Good idea. Although, the one time I did come off, my neighbors didn't notice. :rolleye0014:

I'm lucky that my neighbors aren't just neighbors..they're horse people. They like to watch me ride and they love my horse. Plus the riding ring is next to their house and barn.

I just noticed something. It seems you stated that your dad drove when you did haul your horse to shows. Why? If you don't know how to haul, then ask him to teach you and then borrow his set up in exchange for helping your parents out with things around their property.

Once I got my regular license (back when I learned, ag licenses were issued to 15 year olds in farming families), I was on my own with hauling horses although my cousin and I pooled to save space, time and gas. So, it's hard for me to understand not knowing how to at least haul a bumper pull.

If you already know how to haul, I don't understand why he has to drive you.

I had my dad haul me ONE time last year. It has nothing to do with me knowing how to haul my own trailer. I did not like how his truck handled, there was a lot of leeway in the steering, so it was better if he drove his truck. He just bought a new truck not 2 weeks ago and is currently using it to pull a 14ft. camper trailer cross country with my mom. When they get back in the summer I plan on asking if he could either pull me or if I could borrow it. I'm sure this truck handles better than the old one.

Im glad I read this thread. Especially the part about resenting your horse about this time every year cuz that's where Im at right now. I keep my horses at home and this winter was really, really hard on me. Im not in the best of health and some days I was ready to give it all up. It seems like all I ever do is clean and work, and never have the time to ride or enjoy them. Or if I have the time, I m too darn tired after all the barn work, etc. But Ive been like this before and it passed, just about the time the weather improved and there was more daylight to get things done. Just gotta hang in there and make it thru till the weather warms up and Im able to get out and do something other than clean stalls and haul shavings, grain and water buckets!