Sign in to follow this  
Smilie

Someone In Heaven Is Having A Wonderful Ride

Three days ago, I said good bye to the best friend I ever had, and I can hardly stand the pain.

Only fellow horse people, esp those that have enjoyed that once in a life time, horse, even though many horses have entered their life, and claimed a part, can come close to understanding

No, not Smilie, but Einstein, the horse that helped me through my cancer year,always did what I asked of him, and more, was laid to rest

I always hoped that I would know the right time to let him go, and that moment came, and I knew I had to do the right thing, even when it was so very, very hard. Freedom from pain, and letting go, is the best gift we can give, which over comes the great desire to hang on, for selfish reasons, just to see him there in his pasture, and greeting me with his whinny., able to touch him.

Luckily there was not too much frost left in the ground,, and so, Einstein rests in the pasture behind the barn. I had two last hours with him, waiting for the vet, able to feed him some of his favorite foods, even those oats that he could not have for such along time

So, who ever is enjoying that ride on my 16.3 hand horse, just make sure you know, that he is only on loan until I get there!

I should post his real name

Cody Chrome ApHCC supreme member of the breed, Alberta Horse Improvement classic in performance, just 3 point shy of Premium ., many regional ApHC year end buckle winner, but most of all, my friend on many mountain rides, and just loping across the fields at home, performing his perfect flying lead changes, facing down a bull moose, and generally being a very great joy and rock in my life.

Rest well, my friend

I'm so sorry to hear this, but at the same time I'm glad you knew it was time to do the right thing for him, because I know how hard it is. When I read his name, I remembered your story of how your son named him as a foal: "He's a real Einstein."

*thoughts/prayres*

i'm so sorry, but it's wonderful to know he was well loved and cared for and had a meaningful life with you. I don't think any of us can ask for more than that. big hugs.

Hugs and Prayers for you in your time of sorrow and mourning.

All of us here at HC who have been faced with that heart wrenching decision, honor you.

You did the brave and honorable thing.

On that distant day when you and Einstein are reunited.

You will know that he appreciated his last few hours with you.

Time spent with the person who loved him the most.

Who gave him the gift of letting him go.

God Bless & Keep You,

Kat

:huggy::So very sorry for your loss. Nothing I can say will dull your hurt. That just shows the depth of the love and respect you shared with this very special horse. What a chapter in your life you had with him.

Edited by Floridacracker

So sorry for your loss, Smilie. How great it is to have those special relationships and memories. Do you have a photo you can post?

So sorry for your loss, Smilie. How great it is to have those special relationships and memories. Do you have a photo you can post?

Oh yes, I have many photos of Einstein.

A few I have on Photo bucket, which many here might have seen before., but they are convenient, so will post a few of those for now

I went through all my horse photo albums , both those from shows and trail rides, plus all of Einstein's award certificates, and made an album just for him

He is the middle one here

Einsteintrail_zps72ddf8b5.jpg

here, I had him at Spruce Meadows, in the booth for breeds of the world, plus gave a pleasure demo on him. .The famous Equine photographer , Bob Languish from the UK was there, and asked to use him.' Einey 'got to be in a book about Horse breeds of The World, by Susan Mc Bain

CodyChrome_zpsbfd0c6c6.jpg

Up on Powderface

einsteinpowderface.jpg

EinsteinRD-1.jpg

As a three year old,helping me play at English

Einstein%20English_zpslmifutce.jpg

He was just as lucky to have you in his life as you were to have him in yours. Friendships like that are definitely a blessing. May he rest in piece and may you find the next friend that can share the extra love you have. Bless you both.

I lost my once and a lifetime horse six years ago today. I still cry when I think of him.

Very sorry for your loss, Smilie. I hope there's an afterlife, so that the two of you can ride together again someday.

Peace.

Mestengo

I've been away from this board for a while exploring my new surroundings in Idaho..... So sorry to hear of your loss Smilie. It's the hardest part of owning and loving our four legged companions. I always dread it. ~FH