Sign in to follow this  
reidhorsegrl10

Keep A Palomino From Fading...

I have tried the fly sheet and it definitely works, however, now that it is getting much hotter I am finding he's sweating a good bit. I know it's not the end of the world if he bleaches out but he's so much prettier the true palomino color.

Just wondering if anyone had any methods that work?!?

Only thing that actually works is to keep them out of the sun.

I have the opposite. My gelding shedded out DARK! I keep him outside during the day in hopes of lightening him and it doesn't seem to help.

I know other pali owners that just do night/evening turn out to keep them out of direct sunlight.

I have a Palomino, he also shedded out dark...the first time since I've had him, it was very surprising! He looks like a different horse.

Edited by equicrzy

I have a Palomino, he also shedded out dark...the first time since I've had him, it was very surprising! He looks like a different horse.

I know..right?! People don't even realize it's the same horse.

Actually, I think he looks better this way.....I tend to like the darker colored horses...plus, his mane and tail are still blond, so, it's rather striking against the darker color.

Edited by equicrzy

Okay, just when you replied after me, it gave the impression it was directed at me......my bad! Lol.....I NEVER use that term...haha!