MissMotherNature

Going To Have A Suprise Foal, Baby Is Here Adding Pictures!

Not sure on his daddy. The one they thought it was is solid bay I think but who knows. His coloring was a nice suprise. I used to breed paints but sold my stallion and mares 3+ years ago. Talked to the vet a few mins ago and Bith are doing well. They are going to to try to taking the splints off tonight and see how they look. They feel like that are helping so I'm crossing my fingers. She is also making a little more milk and he's doing well on the supplemented milk in a feeding tube too.

I have a friend that works for dac vitamins aND minerals. They have a cmz paste for foals that should help straighten him out. Oh and he is ADORABLE! Momma seems pretty darn proud!

Arielmarie thank you for mentioning that. I love Dac products and didn't even realize they madero at. I will put in a order to ad that to the Dac oil I am ordering for the mare.

Journeysgirl I will look into that paste as well. Thank you for the recommendations!

What a looker! I'm sorry for the troubles and stress, but congrats on the beautiful package. I hope he straightens up for you and turns out to be a gem.

The splints are off for the night. They have straightened considerably so going to leave off and see if stays or buckles back. Shes still not producing as much milk as they would like but he said it is good quality milk at least. Tomorrow going to see how he does with less supplemented milk. :)

I can't wait for them to be ready to come home!

Splints are still off and the vet thinks he will not need them anymore. They are weaning him off of the tube feeding and I should be able to bring them home tomorrow. I ordered the foal aide as it will be able to get here before the dac products would. I ordered the powder packets as it will go further. They had really good reviews online too. Everything is set up and ready to have them home.

The vet has been calling him Forest because of the splints. No clue what his name will actually end up being but I am excited to get to know him. Thank you everyone for the prayers and good thoughts!

LOL I like Forest!! Even though I hate that movie that's a cute name with the start the poor guy got in life.

Woohoo. Hopefully he continues to improve and thrive now and momma does too.

Forrest! That's hilarious! My friends son had his wisdom teeth out and his girlfriend recorded him....he sounded like forrest when he was talking! Can't wait to see this guy's progress!

Hug him and squeeze him and pat him on the head and call him George............................

I'm waiting for them to get them checked out then we are headed home to get them settled in. :)

I am so happy to be taking not only a healthy mare but also her colt. It could have turned out so differently. Thankful for everyone's well wishes and advise! Will take pics when we get home.

Home and all settled in. Cricket is still sore and exausted. Also she seems to be having urinary incontienece but the vet thinks it will pass with time. The little guys legs look much better but are still not straight. Hoping the foal aide, farrier work, and time will make them better. He is doing well with walking and is laying down on his own now. Such a cute little stinker too!

This was taken friday before putting the splints on him

IMG_8868.jpg

Taken this evening a home

IMG_8919.jpg

IMG_8924.jpg

IMG_8926.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

He was not to impressed with his momma wanting a nap. He was climbing all over her. :)

IMG_8930.jpg

With the vets approval we are keeping her on senior feed and a mostly alfalfa hay diet. Grass hay to munch on to keep her busy. Also started her on calf manna. Doing everything we can to keep her weight up and her producing as much milk as she can.

The vet did find that she has a fairly bad heart murmer so we will be looking further into that next. Not sure anything can really be done for it though.

The name Forrest seems to be sticking. :)

Don't think there's much you can do with the heart murmer. Not likely to cause any problem either, though. May have been there for years.

As for the little man, pic looks like he strides out well. That's a good thing. Building strength from moving around and he should come mostly right. I've seen a couple pretty bad ones grow clear out of it. Horses are pretty amazing that way.

Looks like you got your buckskin with an added bonus.

That is almost exact;y what I was going to say!

he is lovely, thank you for sharing his story with us. Continued hopes he will come right and Cricket will continue to recover well and make some MILK!

Both are doing very well. The incontinece seems to have subsided for cricket and is getting back to her perky self. Started the foal aide supplement too and will be getting him checked by the farrier soon. Still wonky on the front legs but so much better. Cricket is making enough milk to keep the little guys belly full and she's has a huge appetite and is eating constantly.

I will try to get some more pics up later.