MissMotherNature

Going To Have A Suprise Foal, Baby Is Here Adding Pictures!

He may not be perfect, but I'm betting he will be "good enough" for just about anything.

Just seeing this now, glad everything turned out well. What a beautiful foal...such an amazing change in his legs from Friday!

He is adorable! Hope everything is going well, and you post more pictures!!!!

The little guy is doing pretty good. His legs still are not perfect but my farrier does corrective work and will be looking at him in a few weeks.

Cricket is still struggling to make milk but so far we are getting by. Worried about her weight but she is maxed out on feed and alfalfa hay so may be making another vet trip to see if anything else can be done. Her teeth were done in January by my equine dentist and checked again at the vet before they came home so there are as good as they are going to get. She does have trouble with a wave mouth and has a tendency to quid her hay.

Will try to get new pics up soon.

I would get that little guy started on his own feed as soon as possible, to make up for what he might be lacking from mom. So glad he is still doing well, such a cutie!

I'm sorry to hear there's still issues. He'll grow into a stunning guy! Just keep chugging along! Have you thoughtabout adding any fattening supplements to her?

She is turning her nose up to the pellets and beetpulp I usually give her.

Does anyone have any ideas for a diy creep feeder? He is picking at grain but I would like to keep it available to get him to eat more without cricket eating it.

Also we finally settled on naming him Jasper. It fits him well. He's such a friendly little guy. He already likes water and bathes which is good because I have been cold hosing his legs as they have had sores from the braces that are still healing.

Sorry for the lack of update! Cricket is doing much better than I expected. She is holding her weight and even gaining a little. She is also producing plenty of milk for the little guy. Jasper is growing like crazy and as cute as can be. He is still having trouble with one leg but now it is the tendon on the back of his leg that is contracting. Its brining him up on his toe on one leg. The farrier has leveled his feet out and looked at him. He thinks with time it will get better. He doesn't seem to let it bother him as he is all over the place.

A few pictures of the growing boy!

IMG_9248.jpg

IMG_9300.jpg

IMG_9303.jpg

Goober was laying down and munching on the grass.

IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9304.jpg

IMG_9305.jpg

IMG_9307.jpg

IMG_9309.jpg

He was laying when I came out an started to get up but changed his mind. He just sat there looking at me for a while.

Sorry for the lack of update! Cricket is doing much better than I expected. She is holding her weight and even gaining a little. She is also producing plenty of milk for the little guy. Jasper is growing like crazy and as cute as can be. He is still having trouble with one leg but now it is the tendon on the back of his leg that is contracting. Its brining him up on his toe on one leg. The farrier has leveled his feet out and looked at him. He thinks with time it will get better. He doesn't seem to let it bother him as he is all over the place.

A few pictures of the growing boy!

IMG_9248.jpg

IMG_9300.jpg

IMG_9303.jpg

Goober was laying down and munching on the grass.

IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9304.jpg

IMG_9305.jpg

IMG_9307.jpg

IMG_9309.jpg

He was laying when I came out an started to get up but changed his mind. He just sat there looking at me for a while.