Greenhaven

My Husband Just Asked For A Divorce And Now I Don't Know What To Do

I love Bent Penny! Money Pit doesn't quite evoke the feeling I am aiming for, lol....neither does Nail-in-the-Foot although that seems kind of likely at this point. :/

New Horizons is a little cheesy, but it definitely on the right track as far as expression goes. Greenacres has too much emotional baggage....won't elaborate on that one. :/

Edited by Greenhaven

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/9042-E-200-N_Mill-Creek_IN_46365_M40302-71249

This is the place, although since then a kitchen has been installed and the downstairs bath been made functional if not pretty.

The big barn is missing half a roof, the corn crib is in very good shape, the old red building is the original farmhouse and must come down, sadly. Part of it is the original homestead cabin with handhewn timbers. The "chicken house" is not shown in the pics.

There is a lot of small, neglected maintenance to do, a ton of clean up, but her bones are millsawn oak, strong as iron. She and I can heal together and be beautiful again. :)

I would love to make a find like that! Those floors are gorgeous and, I'm liking the colors of some of the walls.

You are gonna have so much fun, I'd love to refurbish an old farmhouse. Too bad that nice old red building has to come down.

I would kill for wood floors like that.

I LOVE the upstairs floors....I hate what they did to them downstairs. But that is fixable!

I would love to make a find like that! Those floors are gorgeous and, I'm liking the colors of some of the walls.

You are gonna have so much fun, I'd love to refurbish an old farmhouse. Too bad that nice old red building has to come down.

I cannot wait to share the story, equi, it was SUCH providence....

I vote for Iron Oaks! Love that!

That place is going to turn out fabulous with a little work. I love older places because they actually have character unlike these cookie cutter houses nowadays.

Iron Oak Farm, "Where Seeds Become Trees."

This covers SO many aspects of what I desire for this place....unbelieveable....

Gonna stay open for suggestions, but I am so feeling this one! Although I still love the whimsy of Bent Penny....

Nice to see you back.

So very happy for you that you have found a wonderful place. You are going to love it yet hate it all at the same time. Iron Oaks is a perfect name. You have been strong working your way forward & now going to plant your roots.

I look forward to the pictures you are going to infiltrate us with. Never can put up enough pictures.

I think, Iron Oaks Farm, is gonna stick!

I envision, an iron gate at the entrance to the property, with a laser cut, wrought iron oak tree.....but, I'm getting a little ahead.

I think, Iron Oaks Farm, is gonna stick!

I envision, an iron gate at the entrance to the property, with a laser cut, wrought iron oak tree.....but, I'm getting a little ahead.

It's like you were reading my mind! I want to use the foundation stones from the original home to build gate posts, and I was thinking about the laser cut okas on the barn doors or corn crib doors, but heck yes!

That would look so nice! Stone pillars with iron gates.

You must put the iron oak trees somewhere, definitely.

I can't wait for spring, I wanna get out there and start on this place, after the cold, wet winter, I'm looking forward to planting my bulbs, making my flower beds, just generally sprucing up the place.

The spruce trees we planted last spring are doing great.

Have fun with your new place, I hope you have a blast fixing it up!(if I lived closer, I'd love to help)!

Edited by equicrzy

Thanks, carlo...but that is only because I don't come here on my worst days, when it seems the rift in my space-time continuum will implode my universe. My strength on strong days comes only from One who is stronger than I.

It looks like you're in Indiana, where I went to college.

What direction is north in the picture?

I do like that you're on a hill so the basement will never flood. And that looks like a great snow roof.

In the first photo of the home you are looking at the south side of the house. The old red homestead is on the north side of the house.