Sign in to follow this  
QueenBAW

Whats Going On In My Neck Of The Woods. Sad, Sad, Digusting.

Apparently other people recorded the press conference and have posted it on Facebook. I have not had a minute to watch/listen to it.

What I do gather from the posts regarding the press conference is that she has been arrested, there are 27 counts of animal cruelty pending. MD and PA (where she has previously done the same sh!t) as well as the IRS have been notified.

"Christine Hajek of Gentle Giants Rescue says she believes her concerns fell on deaf ears..." The rescue picked up 10 draft horses in August and made a report with photos about the deplorable conditions at Peaceable Farm to Orange County Animal Control. She understands that Animal Control did nothing until someone called 911 and the Sheriff's department went in and found 7 dead horses. She said that by Oct. 20, 71 horses had been removed and is upset about 10 horses that Goland wanted to keep that are listed as going to a local horseman's farm, Tommy Doyle, who is a close friend and business associate of Goland.

If conditions were so bad 2 months ago, why wasn't this put on the front burner at OCAC? and with 71 horses removed in a state that doesn't seize animals unless they are close to death, why are there only 27 counts against Goland not to mention all the small animal bodies about the place.

In another article, a neighbor said he made a comment to a Peaceable Farm worker that a horse was down in the pasture. How could the employee, worker, keep quite about all this?

http://www.willowhil...n.com/about.php

THIS Tommy Doyle?

Oz, thank you for that update. Theres so much going on and so much being typed/said that its hard to keep up. I believe its the same Tommy Doyle.

I just read that 9 of the horses that were pulled from her farm sadly had to be euthanized.

This is sad and gutwrenching all the way around.

something I don't get, if she's a repeat offender and considering the nature of the crime, why isn't she being declared mentally incapable of caring for animals and therefore should be officially banned from having any, ever again?

She just keeps moving to other states and, starting over!?...... I'd like to make her live the way she's made those animals live..... to starvation and, death.

If, every time, there's no real punishment, she'll continue as usual..... throw her sorry butt in jail and, throw away the key.

Yes, it seems as though she just moves to another state and starts over. Honestly I don't think this woman is mentally ill...I think it's all about the money.

Pretty sure you are right. Not all bad people are mentally ill. Some are just........bad.

But what kind of person in their right mind, moves out of a house because of the stench and into a truck? Anyway, I didn't say what kind of an institution. A prison would suit me fine.

UPDATE: The case against animal cruelty suspect Anne Goland has been continued here in Orange County court until November 18 at 1:00 p.m. That's also the day a judge will listen to details in the civil forfeiture case involving the wellbeing of animals seized from Peaceable Farm last week.

This is the only update I have so far.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headlines/Divorce-File-Sheds-Light-on-Peaceable-Farm-Owners-Finances-340452142.html

Additionally I was talking to my mom the other night about this case. She and I dont have the best relationship, and she is not a horse person at all, but she did make some valid points during our conversation. 1) Why/how are there no laws to prevent this woman from doing this repeatedly? And if there are/were, how in the world could they be enforced? If your right to own animals is taken away (btw is a court allowed to actually do that? Is that a law?) how is that enforced. 2) WE cant even make people take care of their kids, how are we going to make people take care of their animals?

there are states spearheading online animal abuse registries statutes, first time offenders would be registered for two years, and repeat offences would garner more time. Tennessee (why is that state so hard to spell? ) is leading the charge. an idea whose time has not only come but is overdue.

nick, while I think a registry of some sort is a good idea I just don't see how it would be enforced. The sex offender registry is a prime example. :-( Its really a no win situation. I think better equine/livestock education for animal control workers would be a start.

My mom also mentioned that the way animals intended for food are treated is horrible as well, so are we going to change/make laws to include them too? Again, how will those laws be enforced?

At any rate, I as well as MANY others can't wait to see what the outcome of this whole court case will be. My heart says that the court isn't going to do much but slap her on the hand, but the horse community here will drive her out of the state. I'm sure she'll just move on and start over.

while I agree with you about enforcement being a challenge, having your face plastered over the internet gives hope a chance.

They should have locked her in a room, with no food and, forgotten about her for a few weeks..... think she would have gotten the point?

Edited by equicrzy

I'd like to nail her feet to the floor and put food and water just out of reach.

Jesus Christ.....

Peaceable Farm Survivors Rescue SupportLike Page

2 hrs ยท

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST W/ PIC

NEED ASSISTANCE: We are getting reports the last week or two that Anne Shumate Williams (Goland) has been seen driving her blue pick up truck in the Free Union area and seen at Whole Foods in Cville and also at feed stores talking about her "new rescue". She is supposed to be living in a motel in Warrenton. According to the bond agreement she must tell the court where she is living.Investigators are checking with the motel today. We need everyone in the Cville area to be on the lookout for her and contact Marcia Landau or Anna Russau if you have any information. We need the LICENSE NUMBER of the truck so we can pass it along to law enforcement and they can pick her up. It is time her bond was revoked. If you want to help keep looking for her and get us that license plate number! REMEMBER THE HORSES! NEVER FORGET!

We hear she is trying to acquire more horses. Please report any evidence of this!