Sign in to follow this  
QueenBAW

Whats Going On In My Neck Of The Woods. Sad, Sad, Digusting.

*UPDATE*

Orange County Sheriff’ Office
Press Release

On Monday, March 28, 2016, Anne Shumate Williams (aka) Anne Goland was indicted on 13 felony counts of embezzlement by an Orange County Grand Jury. These charges stemmed from the Peaceable Farm animal cruelty case that the Orange County Sheriff’s Office has been investigating since October of 2015. Mrs. Williams was located in Culpeper County and was arrested and taken into custody on Wednesday, March 30, 2016 with the assistance of the Culpeper County Sheriff’s Office. Mrs. Williams is currently being held at the Central Va. Regional Jail without bail until further order of the court.

Just embezzlement, not animal cruelty?

I think the cruely charges will come later, let's hope and pray.

A recent picture of her was posted with the press release. Shea dyed her hair darker and looks (to me) much different than the original picture. I can only imagine how many more animals she's acquired with her "new look".

She's got some serious problems, mentally speaking, she's in hot water up to her neck and still, can't stop acquiring animals...... there's no doubt, in my mind, she is.....changing her appearance, probably using different names, she just continues.

Unfortunately, that type of person thinks there IS no problem and, even after jail time, will continue when they get out.

UPDATE: Sorry its taken so long to update you all. She was in jail for a while, then set free. She was back in court recently and pled "not guilty" to some embezzelment charges. I think theres of course another court date set...but nothing for animal cruelty.

The there was this heartwarming story over the weekend!

http://www.newsplex.com/content/news/Rescue-horse-makes-astonishing-recovery-382023041.html

AND NOW THIS! Im just sick..

http://www.nbc29.com/story/32184592/horses-taken-from-peaceable-farm-seized-again-from-horse-rescue

Well folks, here we are 2 years later.

Breaking news from Orange Co on Anne Williams case - Peaceable Farms.

Guilty all counts for horses. Guilty on 10 of 11 cat charges. Guilty on 2 dogs and 1 of the 2 chicken counts.

Judge on recess and will issue sentence NEXT . Stay tuned.

I will post the sentancing un a moment.

Update to update: AW appeal filed.

Update: Anne Williams, Peaceable Farms sentencing.

18 months jail time that she will serve.  Many months suspended.  5 years probation. Not to own companion animals for 5 yrs.

No word on fines or restitution. No word on ability to own horses. No word on appeal, yet.

I think the 5 years probation should include five years of counselling. Otherwise, she'll just do it again.

1 minute ago, jubal said:

I think the 5 years probation should include five years of counselling. Otherwise, she'll just do it again.

I agree.