Sign in to follow this  
nick

Kings Hawaiian Bread

:shocked: is now selling stuffing, and apparently it's flying off the shelves. I love all things kings Hawaiian, so if somebody winds up getting their hands on some and tries it could we get a report? I have to experience these things vicariously since it probably won't be sold here in my lifetime.

it's called Kings Hawaiian, started out as a small company based on one of the Hawaiian islands and isn't all that small anymore. and no, I'm pretty sure I can't make my own (unfortunately).

Yes. Tastes like it has pineapple in it, but doesn't.

So buy a loaf of the bread, dry it out, and make your own stuffing.

Edited by ozland

I love the dip recipe that's on the package..... it's a spinach dip, with leek soup mix and chopped water chestnuts and, served with the bread....delicious, I made it for a party once and, the bowl looked like it had been licked clean.

Oohhhhh....their bread is yummy! Didn't realize they were doing a stuffing now too. I will have to check out my local grocery store this weekend. If I find any I will try it and let you know.

Now I have to scan my brain as to where I seen it.

Have no time for reading so I read cookbooks. You could try a Google search. Usually to lazy to search my books for recipes so will Google. I have made some great stuff from cooks.com & all recipes. com

I love the all recipes site, I have gotten lots of recipes off of there. I have never heard of the cooks.com one, I will have to go check that out. i like cookbooks too, I have quite a few.

Ick, can't stand the stuff personally, but...

I'm in charge of the stuffing this year so bought a bag because everyone else in my family loves the bread. And of course I'll try it because, who knows, I might just like it in stuffing. :smilie:

I saw that when I shopped last Friday. I like it too, probably start buying the rolls since my grocery stopped carrying the sweet Italian loaves my family loves with dinner.

Nick, if you bake, I saw a copy cat recipe for Hawaiian Sweet bread.

I can do that too, and I make killer biscuits. Alas, my hips...............

I found a couple copycat recipes online for the bread and use the same one for rolls. It sounds so good. I like the bread and cant wait to try making it myself. I love homemade bread. Bread and pasta is a weakness for me too.

Kings Hawaiian is dangerous around me...I could eat a whole package in one sitting. I have no control around bread in general. :(

Me too, sister.

When one is a carb aholic you don't make homemade bread.

I know. Thats why I stopped making it. Many disappointed friends.

I don't have a bread machine either. I do all my bread making by hand. I don't make bread that often, i would be in trouble if there was fresh bread around all the time.