Sign in to follow this  
steph1

Monday Monday Monday..

After my insanely busy weekend I'm happy to just sit but I have mountains of laundry to do... How was yalls weekend?

We were busy on Saturday. Took the kiddo to a couple different Christmas events and then got some shopping done. Didn't do much yesterday, kiddo and I were both fighting off a cold. Still working on getting rid of it today.

I took the kids to SeaWorld Saturday and Sunday spent the day at my dad's playing in the woods.

Pretty quiet here over the weekend. Watched movies with the kids on Saturday. Church Sunday morning and laid out the next goat pen when it quit raining in the afternoon.

It was good. Fed cows and groomed horses on Saturday. We had play practice at church last night. The Christmas play is coming together slowly but surely. I love my job, but I am so ready for Friday afternoon to get here. I am ready for 2 weeks off.

Saturday I got a few chores done around the barn, went to a craft bazaar and finished the last of the decorating. Yesterday was church then a Christmas party. My work had our office party yesterday at a restaurant in downtown that had separate party areas with bowling lanes, darts, pool, fuse-ball and shuffleboard. It was such a fun night with good food, games, great group of people and lot of laughs. Getting ready to head off to work here in a bit now, sooooo sleepy. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Worked Saturday then went out with hubby. Yesterday picked up shortman from the grandparents.

Today staying home & cleaning house. Along with the mini mountain of laundry. I swear dirty cloths reproduce like rabbits. Oh we have a day of freezing rain with wind.

The weekend was pretty quiet and I worked on Sunday. Today we have a boatload of rain coming and temps are STILL higher than usual for December. It was in the low 70s last week and today it is 60 and could get up to 68. Crazy.

My parents visited this weekend. Saturday we went to the mall in Lexington, and then headed over to the horse park, where we were extremely disappointed by the amount of horses that weren't there! Then we came home and did some Christmas cookies.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......that pretty much sums it up.

Temps hovering around the freezing mark and, windy......yeah, good stuff.

The horses, of course, are out in the front pasture, out in the open, instead of in a stand of trees, or, the barn.....guess they're happy.

Been feeding the stove all morning, so, it's nice and toasty inside. Hot chocolate sounds good right about now.

Ooh SeaWorld sounds fun! I hope everyone getting sick lately feels better soon.

I got a cold virus that is not fun a little over a week ago. I think I am finally at the end of it. So needless to say, my weekend was pretty boring. It consisted of resting at home and just short visits to see Dreamer at the barn. It rained a lot here Saturday night and Sunday, too. I always work at a church nursery on Sunday mornings (it is my horse board and care money).

This week started off pretty good! My son lost his first tooth! (He is 6) I also found out that I get to have a 4-day work week because I get to take Friday off to go to my son's program at school. And I have all next week off. Lots of horse time, I hope! I got to brush Dreamer this evening, but there was not enough daylight to ride. Something exciting that happened today was that I got an interview scheduled for a potential new job! I have been afraid to change jobs because I love my co-teachers and kids in my classroom, but my company is not willing to pay me what I am worth with my education and skills. The potential job has amazing benefits because it is at a college, and the pay would be almost $4/hour more! It would help a lot. The drawback would be that I might not get to see Dreamer as much because my current job is only a mile from her, but the potential job is a long ways from her and the opposite direction from my house. It will all work out.. keeping my fingers crossed!

I hope you all have a great week!