Sign in to follow this  
Fawnsmom

New Addition To Misfit Farm

I got this 8 yr old pinto stud out of a bad situation on January 4th. He has turned out to be a diamond in the ruff. He has now been gelded and had his teeth done and shots. He has no clue what to do under saddle but his former owners had rode him in a group of other horses down busy roads. This guy has a really good head on his shoulders and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

These pics were taken after his surgery so he is out of it .

Nemo3_zpsz0bmuc96.jpg

Nemo5_zpstkwrkwnb.jpg

Nemo a week after surgery

Nemo_zpso3oczvj2.jpg

Nemo7_zpsfgamackk.jpg

Edited by Fawnsmom

Beware of the, "free" horse.....I have two.....well, one, I had to pay shipping charges.....other than that, she was free!

Then there's the other, "free" horse, his previous owner failed to mention he was part beaver, we had to wrap every exposed wood surface with wire.

Well, we were given a free pony when I was a kid. She turned out to be a gem and won at shows all over the surrounding area. She was like a member of the family and the only one of our horses that my mother ever liked. But we did have to bring her back from a case of founder when we got her and take about 100 pounds off her. Yours will probably be worth your investment too. He looks better already.

He is going to my trainer for 30 days this weekend. I am so excited to see how he does. Just wish I could find out who he really is.

Nice looking gelding. Seems strange that the previous owners rode him but now he is clueless about knowing what to do? Hope the training he's getting now will make him into a nice horse for you.

We get quite a few in like that. Get the right temperament and stick them in a herd situation and some really don't give a crap and will quite happily go along 'broken' like that. No idea when it comes to independent riding though, as all that's been done is let them follow and be comfortable in a herd situation. Look at some trekking ponies - very similar!

On the plus side, shows a wonderful temperament in theory from that :) just means a bit more work teaching him independence :)

Good luck!