Sign in to follow this  
nick

Working Equitation Seminar

the "A" team is riding at our barn this weekend to prep for selection for a may tournament.

motto is (what cheri wolfe always said) performance only comes from expecting something more. from the horse,and from you.

there was a 2 hour break when we could ride through the obstacles, and I thought initially eek! and then I thought about it, found the line, helped him find the line and then he relaxed and became SO proud. and that is a key thing--to help them understand they CAN do it!! (and we can too).

Actually, I still read a lot of Cheri's input on a different site, where she is active!

Yes, a good thought, you referred to, along with another of her favorite sayings, 'a horse is only as good as you expect him to be'

Glad you had a good ride!

I've not been doing much horse training recently, but this applies so well to other critters as well. Just finished a 3-day seminar with a World level dog trainer... the theme is the same. High expectations, High effort on the HANDLERS part, people who can provide quality feedback... all this is required for top training.

Having a plan... and having plans for when your plans don't go as planned.... :) work hard and get it done. I love seminars.... good ones can really leapfrog your training program.

something very valuable I get from them (among great information) is the much needed proverbial "kick in the arse". I am by nature a lazy person who loves having things be convenient, but at the same time has goals. I know--an oxymoron--I just need the occasional reminder that advancing involves work!

I good kick in the pants to realize just how lackadaisical you have been getting is always beneficial!!!