Fawnsmom

My Mom Has The Dreaded C Word

My mom has Stage 3 Multiple Myeloma. She found out about a month ago and they started her on Chemo treatments, bone strenghting treatments and oral meds. She is not improving and is pretty much going down hill fast. I am just so lost about all of this and I am hoping for a miracle for her. I just don't understand why such horrible things have to happen to good people. I will be taking time off work to spend as much time with her as I can .

:angel3::huggy:

I know to well the feelings of this dreaded word. Took three of my Grandparents.

Just don't give up hope. Don't be afraid to go to someone else for a second opinion. Be the voice for your Mom while she is weak.

We have an appt on Friday with her Dr and I am thinking of checking with Karmanos Cancer Center too.

Yes, I would suggest finding out as much as you can.

Sometimes different places recommend whatever ttreatment happens to be their specialty.

Love, prayers, and many good wishes, Fawnsmom.

Appointment went very well on Friday. Doctor said she is responding very well to the treatment and thinks she has at least a 70% of remission . Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and prayers .

She is actually starting to feel a little better. I think she needed to hear those words from the Dr . In two more weeks they will do another PET scan to see how well the cancer is responding to Chemo.