Sign in to follow this  
ozland

End Of The Week Stuff

Nothing here but more rain and a trip to the store for cat food. Barn cats are out of crunchies.

Overcast and drizzling rain here now. Not much planned for today until work at 4. My bf and I got matching couple's tattoos yesterday :) it's from the movie The Secret of NiMH, the part at the end with the two birds holding the string. We each got a bird and half the string they carry on the side of our hand, so when we hold hands the image comes together and the strings connect :) if I had a decent pic of it I would post it.

Waiting on 10 yards of mulch to be delivered . Hoping to get a ride in before the rain hits this evening .

Cloudy here too but its supposed to clear off and be nice. I sure hope so. Heading to a huge plant sale at the fairgrounds in a few min to get some plants for my yard and garden. Gonna meet some friends for breakfast then we are all gonna head down to the sale. Should be a fun day even if it does rain.

Rainy, my back and hips have been achy for days, and I'm feeling bummed about not going to the show today.

I'm gonna take a nice long soak in a hot bath and drink wine. Wish I had wine. Lol

Got up and ate some good eggs and bacon. We went and checked all the cows on the different farms. All are looking better since grass is coming in. The old cow/calf pair I bought are looking much better. I have 1 heifer at home about to calve and 3 cows at one place getting close. We also have one mare about to foal any day now. It's about to be baby city around here. We have 2 yearling fillies up in the lots, so we worked with and groomed them. My filly did surprisingly well, especially considering how little she has been handled.

Jon T.want to come visit to see all the babies.

Was not a good day at work. So now having a couple drinks at my favorite pub. HC member Spanishwalkingwabe came with a group for a bacheloret party on our B&B. They were very happy having fun when I left. So come morning I'll be able to tell just how much fun they had by what time they are up.

Weather wise the sun was out & we are back to high fire danger

Got alot done around the yard today, it was over cast most of the day, my wife & I put up new trellis for our black berries to grown, as they had over grown the old one, plus they are pushing up alot more new shoots. That we will reset in more organized fashion. Lawn mower needed some work, got fixed what I had broken last time, only to find I need a new v-belt that drives the mower deck. I should hold off a bit fixing it, & use my push mower for a while, but my lazy side is showing. Plus at 69 it just isn't as much fun as it once was. Have a good Sunday. PD

Edited by Peppers Dad

Not raining here either but looks like it could at any minute. Tomorrow, when I have to go to the dentist, it'll probably be gorgeous.

Today has been rough. My grandma fell getting out of the car at church. We got her up, and she wasn't hurt. She got home and fell again, but this time she was hurting. The ambulance had to come get her, and her leg is broken right above her knee replacement. It was very emotionally tiring for my grandpa. He isn't physically able to help her, and today just pushed him pretty hard. We would definitely appreciate prayers.

just got a call from my mom. she is putting her yellow horse down this week she is pretty tore up . and my ex step dad called his baby brother is in the hospital and isn't doing good, they don't thing he will be coming home,. doing my best here but i'll admit it seems like one thing after the other here. hubby lost his uncle last week i guess when it rains it poors huh?

Thanks Oz . I can say I'm pretty proud of my mare this weekend. But this feels like someone pulled the rug out for under me right now.

ditto those hugs for both of ya! Prayers for a quick recovery for your grandmother, Jon!

Church this AM then helped at a graduation until 5:30 this evening...was a long day to be in town! Poor puppy was alone all day. Left her in my horse trailer, fully expecting to come home to poo in the trailer (i mean, what 8 week old puppy would be able to not go for THAT long?) but puppy had "held it" and went as soon as I let her out. What a champ.

Oh, and since we finally had sunshine for the first time since LAST Sunday....I let the horse loose on the property to run around and do some free mowing

13124686_10154112614573480_2950090207043

Edited by Serah Rose

ditto those hugs for both of ya! Prayers for a quick recovery for your grandmother, Jon!

Church this AM then helped at a graduation until 5:30 this evening...was a long day to be in town! Poor puppy was alone all day. Left her in my horse trailer, fully expecting to come home to poo in the trailer (i mean, what 8 week old puppy would be able to not go for THAT long?) but puppy had "held it" and went as soon as I let her out. What a champ.

Oh, and since we finally had sunshine for the first time since LAST Sunday....I let the horse loose on the property to run around and do some free mowing

13124686_10154112614573480_2950090207043

Love that picture!