Sign in to follow this  
ozland

May's Third Thursday

I don't know yet, still working on that first cup of coffee. At least it isn't raining.

Bree climbed in bed with me then spent 3/4 of the night kicking me. A lot. I'm a bit exhausted this morning

It's bright and sunny here. Finally! I think I've forgotten how to ride. And I know my rotten horse has forgotten how to behave.

^^ That's probably where I'm heading, after breakfast. Barn needs a good cleaning, I've not done anything in there for about 3 days now...... at least, the horses have not pooped in there, so, it'll be easier to clean and, won't take as long.

.....so far, it's looking good out there, not a cloud in sight!

ETA.......clouds have been spotted, coming up over the ridge.....looks like thunderheads forming......dangit!

Edited by equicrzy

'    Getting oil changed on my truck this AM, it is over due, then home to do do few odds & ends, & off to work.   PD

Its dumping rain here and they are saying more rain, hail and possibly a thunder storm today too. Getting ready to head into work for the day in a little bit. So glad we are heading towards the weekend.

At the office.  After dropping the Shortman off at school decided to do some supply shopping for the train so don't have to do it later today.  We always get our ice from Kwik Trip & they are remodeling their bathrooms.  Needless to say yesterday I couldn't get into the parking lot with the port o potties taking up 2 spots & work crew taking 3-4 spots.  With nothing going on you have to take your life into your own hands as it is always so very busy.  Me being smarter than the average bear I went this morning.

It is a beautiful day out.  Would so love to be home & playing in the yard.  Oh well!  Once the staffing is situated in the office then can find a bit more free time to the day.

Alright back to work & my coffee

Waiting for a response from new farrier. It's my ex-aunts husband, so she is working with him to get me in next week. I explained why I was leaving my current farrier, and thankfully they know my horse and are totally okay with it. They were actually quite surprised it happened. He also is willing to do the feet while I'm at work - so that'll help me a ton, too. I just need to show him the things the first time and he'll be set from there. I like knowing someone that I can trust like this.

Good, Pink. It's always good to have a permanent farrier and an available hay supply! Makes life easier, unless the farrier is yourself. It's getting harder and harder for me to trim my horse.

Jubal, my horse totally threw a temper tantrum this morning!! He didn't forget how to work... just didn't want to. Spoiled horse!!!

Mine was a pain too. He was just determined to be in charge. Fortunately, I haven't forgotten how to ride or use spurs.

I'm cooking a turkey today, with stuffing and mashed potatoes, thought I should get it cooked, it's been in the freezer almost a year. Plus, we'll have leftovers for the weekend.

Still working on hay supply. I have about 2 weeks left before I'm out. I have someone we usually get some from, just need to call (then get help to get it).

The guy who does the field directly across the street stopped and spoke to my Grama. He is supposed to get in touch with me. That'd be lovely if he can just pull the wagon to my house.

I get tired of Turkey sandwiches way too fast, so, it's up to my husband to eat the majority of the leftovers.

No, no pumpkin pie, I'm making a lemon pound cake.

The sun has come out here a little. Stuck at work and if I have to hear my boss talk about her husband and her grown son like they are God's gift for one more minute I'm going to puke. So over it already. Sick of hearing her plan her son's 19th birthday party at her house where alcohol will be served to all. I should make an anonymous call to the cops.

I'm so not going to feel guilty about calling out sick tomorrow.

Hmmmmm, you should make that phone call, it's not only illegal to serve alcohol to minors, unless they'll all be staying over, they'll be a lot of teens driving drunk......I'm the kind of person who would, definitely make the call. You can do it anonymously.

PS.......your boss sounds like a real winner....

Edited by equicrzy

Yup, I wold call too. Nobody needs a bunch of drunken teens on the road.

BAW, apparently your boss doesn't know the law, or doesn't care.

If any of the teens to whom she supplies alcohol gets into an accident and kills themselves or someone else, boss lady is liable, she can be prosecuted for voluntary manslaughter.

Equi, no pie no help eating. BBQ turkey is good,suggested to a staffer once. She shredded the left over meat mixed in BBQ sauce. Said the boys in the shop loved it.

Yay I got a chance to sneak out of the office

Shouldn't it be pretty easy to get? You know her full name? Employee contact info?

I do not have access to employee contact info or even know where it's kept.

BAW, apparently your boss doesn't know the law, or doesn't care.

If any of the teens to whom she supplies alcohol gets into an accident and kills themselves or someone else, boss lady is liable, she can be prosecuted for voluntary manslaughter.

Oh she knows EVERYTHING about the law. *Rolling my eyes as I type this* She has a concealed carry permit and her brother in law just graduated from the police academy. Trust me, I had to listen to that bull crockery for weeks!

Oh, haha, golden boy is off tomorrow because he's supposedly in a wedding. Really, seriously?! Who gets married on a Friday? I'm sure its just another of his lies.

I do not have access to employee contact info or even know where it's kept.

Google is a great help.