Sign in to follow this  
NaughtyNeigh2

I Have A New Little Project To Play With ????

Yard owner took him on last winter and has done a wonderful job bringing him back to full health.

Anyway....been offered him to play with as a schooling project to now give him a job and see how he does! He's ever so sweet and just the most gorgeous kind disposition to work with.

Couldn't be far from my usual type but I'm quite smitten ????

He's about 15.3/16hh, 13ish y/o TB ex racer and ex hireling. Never had a days schooling in his life and in a field for last 3 years previous to November (yard owner has done a lovely job on all ground work and hacking since though) Couple of pics from my first sit on the other night, attempting a bit of his first schooling session ????

(please be nice, as he isn't my horse and for him to be so sweet after all the rehabbing and tlc he needed when yard owner got him, you can't be nasty to him lol ???? ????)

He has no major goals, other than to just pootle on playing with and just give him a bit of a job! Might attempt a racehorse to riding horse showing class if he comes on ok in time ????

InstagramCapture_40814a76-9cfd-4692-8c08

InstagramCapture_86061aa8-86df-4e93-9dd5

Coblet's having a bit of down time as he's having a proper saddle fitted in the next week or so ????

Actually quite a nice-looking boy. I'll bet you do wonders for him.

Thanks ????

I'm actually about 5ft8.....I'm 26 so definitely done growing lol! I think it's because i can actually ride long on him, rather than hitch my stirrups right up like on coblet lol ????

Its just a stretchy bandage, he has it on currently under the physios orders to keep his bottom underneath him and lift more. I won't go into details too much as not my horse.....but he needed a lot of tlc bless him! He's been through the wars ????

He looks like he'll be a fun horse when he comes together.

I don't know how anyone could ever hurt innocent animals. They have such big hearts.

Thanks!

No more pics of him yet, I'll get some once he's there's a noticeable difference :)

Coblet however was getting very bored having time off after just a few days lol, so he's not now having a holiday lol and I'll get him a proper saddle eventually this summer. Not jumped him since XC so gave him a pop tonight and last weekend and he was ace! He feels like he's staying more balanced into and around fences now. Still lots to work on as always, but the difference from the feeling coming into a fence last year, to now, I'm very happy! I never planned on jumping anything more than 2ft6-9 on him ultimately - so to be popping some of the bigger heights he'll happily come down to now, I'm over the moon. I am not the most confident jumper, and I rarely/never will jump anyone else's horse due to nerves when jumping believe it or not now! Not over 2ft anyway lol! I'm very happy coblet is so honest for me and game for it. I wouldn't have any ambition in me to jump, if he wasn't so enthusiastic and genuine about it. I hope never to over face ourselves! 

OH. And we might be going for training at Piggy French's yard this summer a few times! I didn't realize she is based just down the road from me virtually and has amazing facilities and offering training now as she's not competing this season due to her pregnancy :D So should be very interesting I hope if we can get booked in! I'm thinking about stabling there for a few days, though I need to hear back regarding stabling stallions at hers. We shall see! If not, I'll just ride him there each time or have a monthly lesson there or something.

This weekend also, I'm riding to a friends yard [my old yard actually] and coblet is having a sleepover there for a few nights as I have a long weekend off work. Going to have a nice girly catch up weekend having a long hack together Saturday, then going to a new eventers course for schooling Sunday and then a long hack together Monday back home again :)

He never gets bored I should think lol.....I thought he would have appreciated a little down time. We managed three days off, and then everytime he was turned out and saw my car arrive, he'd be calling and trotting up and back to the field gate until I bought him in and did something with him lol. I've never known a horse be so wanting to work and be doing something all the time as much as he does - it's like he literally cannot guess or wait for what he's going to be doing next lol! Better than being nappy I suppose though!

Anyway. Enough rambling!

Pics from last weekend

13230185_10154153961981753_8763925975500

Thought we'd aim at the water trough randomly!!!

13241378_10154153875711753_2996855136503

And tonight - poor quality as I was on my own and propped my phone up!

13254828_10154159457606753_8075726958434

13301304_10154159457881753_6007145461856

13246407_10154159459076753_4337550387368

13256329_10154159459366753_5731779500315

13235705_10154159456901753_5632044492055

13235527_10154159457086753_4865555008197

Ignore the dithering flying changes down to the plastic floating skinny first time - definitely gave him something to suss out! 

Edited by NaughtyNeigh2

what I've noticed about coblet is how tidy he's become with his forelegs.  last year(?) he'd have one hanging but now he's really tucking up and level.  glad you're having so much fun with him--any time anybody asks me what my idea of quality of life is I say "fun, fun, fun" and making progress and learning as a happy result. 

Yeah I've noticed that too! Schooling has a lot to answer for ???? yeah, last year he started jumping properly. We had a winter of polework until spring then started jumps properly. (though I think now is 'properly' as he's more consistent and working at a nice height at home).

We're just starting simple flying changes. We've got them to the right, but not left consistently yet - though I know that's mostly me as my hips have gone so wonky and left leg stiff again ???? I can feel it when I try my left lead changes. Physio needed again I think!

Thanks for the kind comments ????