Sign in to follow this  
ozland

Tuesday

Not much else to be said for it. Its cloudy and dreary looking, and I think I could use another hour of sleep. Maybe it will improve.....

Slightly overcast today, been busy doing things around home last 3 days, should get my horses out & stretch their legs, I'll stretch mine getting on.   PD

Sunny here. Looks like smoke up on the ridge, I don't know of any fires burning in the area, so, could be from the ones burning in northern Arizona.

At work today, but tomorrow I am taking the day off and going to the Ladies Horsecamp at our barn!  They are doing a week of mornings of riding, but I can only do a day, and the days include some lessons, games, obstacles and trail riding with a great group of ladies.  So looking forward to Wednesday!

I'm cleaning.

You know housework and stuff.

:rotf: :rotf: :grin:

It's dumping rain here today and we are supposed to get a few thunderstorms rolling in.

Cleaning house today and hanging out waiting for the appliance store to deliver my washer and dryer. Later I have a board meeting at restaurant. They make an insanely huge chocolate cake. I think it's like 14 or 15 layers. You can share 1 slice with 5 or 6 people it's so big.

I'm trying to find the umph to clean feeling better but I feel like I could sleep for a week. The aunt has the same crud so I'm guessing we pick it up this past weekend. Maybe we should have done some drinking to kill the crud. HAHA

It's dumping rain here today and we are supposed to get a few thunderstorms rolling in.

Cleaning house today and hanging out waiting for the appliance store to deliver my washer and dryer. Later I have a board meeting at restaurant. They make an insanely huge chocolate cake. I think it's like 14 or 15 layers. You can share 1 slice with 5 or 6 people it's so big.

How could your house need cleaning!? It's brand new! Come clean my house.

Thinking about walking down to the neighbors, the place that appears abandoned, maybe there's someone there I can talk to. My husband walked over there on Sunday, he says the garage door is open and, appears to be broken. He says the garage is full of stuff. The doors are still open/unlocked......we just don't get it.

If, the place has been abandoned, wouldn't you think, they would have taken their personal belongings?

Have you not called the sheriff to investigate? Safer than trespassing and getting shot at.

Edited by ozland

I wouldn't know who to call, we don't exactly have a sheriff, that I know of. Aside from the homeowners association, we're kinda on our own out here.

I'm gonna try and locate my phone book. There has to be some kind of law enforcement in the area.

Check your county listings. There should be one. If not call State Highway Patrol. They will know who to contact.

I tried Google. It sends me to Mountainaire, a town off of I-40, heading towards Albuquerque.

Anyway, I did walk down there, just got back. There's a lock box on the main door and, the others are now locked.

There's a notice taped to the window, it says, the place has been winterized and, not to use the water/plumbing. Says, the property is not for sale/rent and, is possibly an abandoned property and, one door, if possible, will remain unlocked for the current owners to have access to their belongings.

The garage is still open and, it is broken, the stuff inside looks like nothing more than junk, like stuff you'd haul to the dump..... I didn't go inside, but, could see the entire garage from the doorway.

So, it appears, whatever happened, someone does know about it.

Washer and dryer are here! The delivery guys gut them set up and installed for me. Turns out the delivery guys goes to my church and I do zumba with his mother in law. Cant wait to use them now. 

Just took a deposit on my bay mare. They are supposed to come after her Saturday. Two more to go...

I tried Google. It sends me to Mountainaire, a town off of I-40, heading towards Albuquerque.

Anyway, I did walk down there, just got back. There's a lock box on the main door and, the others are now locked.

There's a notice taped to the window, it says, the place has been winterized and, not to use the water/plumbing. Says, the property is not for sale/rent and, is possibly an abandoned property and, one door, if possible, will remain unlocked for the current owners to have access to their belongings.

The garage is still open and, it is broken, the stuff inside looks like nothing more than junk, like stuff you'd haul to the dump..... I didn't go inside, but, could see the entire garage from the doorway.

So, it appears, whatever happened,

someone does know about it.

Still really weird. Hope theyre ok. Wonder if they left a forwarding address?

I know, I'm gonna ask the president of the association, if anyone knows what happened, he would. He's hard to get a hold of, I've contacted him in the past, with questions and, he never got back to me.

Edited by equicrzy

Oz,

Sorry you have to part with your mare, or any of your horses. I know you are a realist also, & doing this for all the right reasons, my heart goes out to you.    Best Wishes. PD

Edited by Peppers Dad

Elmer actually let these people touch him. He even offered his nose. HE is real picky about who he trusts. Makes me feel better about it.