Sign in to follow this  
ozland

Meh.............wednesday

Well, maybe start a PM blitz to those members you'd like to hear from. I don't really know a lot of members, so I'd be no help. Think of a short, funny message that could be copied and pasted quickly.

Our feet have to hit the floor for some purpose.

Tumble weeds an be used for crafts & rubbings can be done in a graveyard.So it is all on your own prospective of what to Dow with lemons & limes. Oh a pie would be fantastic today

Sour grapes make for great wine

Miss Mary Sunshine aren't ya? At least you can go play with your ponies instead of sitting in the house sucking on a machine. Enjoy it while you can.

Miss Mary Sunshine aren't ya? At least you can go play with your ponies instead of sitting in the house sucking on a machine. Enjoy it while you can.

Well, it beats the alternative, doesn't it?

Mares knee seems a bit swollen. Don't feel any heat. She's starting to take the oral med in a syringe like a champ. Taking her out again for another walk this afternoon and to graze some. I think she's getting stocky from just being boxed up.

They day she is allowed out free should be some good pictures.

Oz, This place may seem dead, there is still signs of life here, just hard to find at times.

QB, Happy Birthday, Hope your day is a good one, filled cake & ice cream.  

Was chased the house last night by a rain shower, looked at rain gauge this AM & we got 3&1/2 inches of rain, there will be some creeks & river up today.  PD

Well guess someone forgot to make a pie with those lemons.

Pie isn't on my diet. I have no desire to weigh 200 pounds. But I'd say YOU ate a yard of something nasty for breakfast. Hope you can choke it down.

Well, it beats the alternative, doesn't it?

I have to think on that for a while....

Oz, I generally check the postings every day. I may be a bad one to not post a lot......but.....I really appreciate the ones that do!!

Hang in there. I know that in your situation there is not a whole lot different that you can do. My best friend has back problems and try as hard as she may, she cannot get an appointment scheduled to have surgery. On bad days she just has to stay in bed till her back will let her get up. That of course puts her into a depression which is harder to overcome than the back pain.

I wish for you that you had a best friend to visit and cheer you up when things become overwhelming!

Well guess if one should be horribly negative why be involved. If this is how the day is going to be then kiss the backside as I log off HC for the day.

Members crank about it not being busy but if this is the type of crud why stay involved.

Birthday wishes QB!  

I made a dinner last night from one of those videos I see on FB.  It was delicious!  Granted, I had to guess at the amounts used in the video but it turned out great.  I also added a small container of sliced mushrooms to my version.  Took about 35min from start to finish.  BUT!  When I make this the next time, I will definitely go *easy* on the Red Pepper Flakes.  Or omit them entirely.  I had NO IDEA they would kick my lips off like that!  LOL

This is the video.  I recommend leaving the sound off as I found the speaking to be annoying.

Chicken breasts - I used chicken tenders

Angel Hair pasta

Spoonful of minced garlic

Half a Vidalia Sweet Onion

1 Lemon cut in half - picked out seeds, squeezed one half for the juice and grated that half for the zest, cut the other half into slices to put in the pan

1 package of Baby Spinach from the grocery market

1 sml package of sliced mushrooms

olive oil, salt, pepper, butter, red pepper flakes, pasta water

Happy birthday QB!!!

I'm relaxing and just hanging around the house today letting my mouth heal. I took an extra day off work. Watching the Olympics and avoiding the heat. We are supposed to be about 100 tomorrow!

Sour grapes make for great wine

And right on cue, here comes the whine:

And then the whine turned sour.  

... I'd say YOU ate a yard of something nasty for breakfast. Hope you can choke it down.

I'm sure its awful to be sucking on an air machine but that wasn't called for.  Misery loves company but misery isn't what we come here for.  I understand having a bad day and not being able to see the goodness/light/fun/positive in anything, but dangit!, attitude IS everything. 

If we want this site to rejuvenate and repopulate, snide comments (nick) aren't going to win anyone over or improve anyone's experience here.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, it means a lot, probably more than you all realize. Im sitting here debating wether Im going to drive all the way into town for those crablegs or settle for Mexican (my other fav) right up the road. Id have to leave now or very soon for crablegs and then my little riders would miss out on riding this evening. Or I could feed the horses early, go have Mexican, and be back in time for the girls to ride. Their chatter and giggles do warm my heart. Mexican is looking pretty good.

And right on cue, here comes the whine:

And then the whine turned sour.  

I'm sure its awful to be sucking on an air machine but that wasn't called for.  Misery loves company but misery isn't what we come here for.  I understand having a bad day and not being able to see the goodness/light/fun/positive in anything, but dangit!, attitude IS everything. 

If we want this site to rejuvenate and repopulate, snide comments (nick) aren't going to win anyone over or improve anyone's experience here.

Seriously? I'd have much rather had a bit of cheer from the decent folk here, than a slam in the face because I'm sick to death of being shut in the house alone. Tell me, sweetie, WHO fired the first nasty shot? Wasn't me. Or can't you read?