Sign in to follow this  
NaughtyNeigh2

He Came Third! And We've Got Carried Away....pics Added!

And entered our first competitive driving class! ????

But first.....

It's the big Equifest show week that he qualified for last month. I wasn't allowed the day off work so couldn't take him myself, so a friend rode him for me. Bless her, she's never met him nor ridden him till her classes yesterday! He was a fantastic well behaved boy like usual luckily and they came home with third in the ridden horse class, so quite happy as he was against normal hunter types riding horses etc and not many cobs! In the traditional amateur class, he didn't come anywhere as the judge didn't like him, but there were 60 in that class and showing for you I guess.

Anyway. Back to the driving.....

There's driving classes on Saturday the fourth day if the show. So I've gone spontaneous and entered it! My friends agreed to take us in her box. Never done any driving classes in my life so really don't have a clue what to do! Bought a driving apron today to match my show jacket..... Painted his carriage...... So we shall see lol! Probably will look like inexperienced idiots, but oh well lol! ????. Entered novice driving horse and the ride and drive class. Don't expect to progress into the evening performance championship after them....... Lol

I'll update at a later date on how we get on.

FB_IMG_1471447410574.jpg

IMG-20160817-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20160817-WA0031.jpg

IMG_20160817_154449.jpg

Edited by NaughtyNeigh2

Thanks ????

Unfortunately the majority of showing over here means animals carrying a few extra pounds than needed and very wrapped up and protected!

He's the slimmest/fittest one on show lol.

If that means certain judges don't like him then so be it. I won't keep him stabled 24/7 and rugged up ridiculously. He has a multi purpose job other than just showing and is no use to me fat! How could he jump and hunt or go xc lol..... I'd rather him be fit and happy any day! :)

I have such faith in you and Coblet - I think you are going to do great at the carriage driving!  Can't wait to hear how it goes - best of luck!

Well that was an amazing experience!!!

In the novice class he came 5th. We got very constructive comments from the judge and for being green driving he was so well behaved! (I've had him in a cart probably 15-18 goes in total since breaking him last year) he's never seen another horse and cart and I've never done a driving class in my life!!!!

In the ride and drive we came second, you do a ridden class first and then a driving class after ..... though it was a small class, which meant as reserve winner we were through to the evening performances!!!!!

Spotlights, music, commentators, recording crew, crowds of audience...... It was a very electric atmosphere and unique experience. He coped OK, though he did feel very buzzed up and excited about it all. Definitely not experienced anything like that before!

We didn't win the evening performance but I was amazed to just have the opportunity and experience to do it. Not something you get to try every day!

The judges were extremely helpful as I literally no nothing about driving. They told me I need a different harness to suit his cart, altered the fit and explained it and one of them came to find us after the classes and gave me some amazing advice and a quick lesson before the evening performance because I was so nervous!!!! They adored him and said if I got a better harness and drove with just a bit more confidence 'to drive him as forwards and confident as I ride him' then he would be up top winning every time and thus time next year he would be standing champion!

So yes. Amazing!

received_10157260115645366.jpeg

received_10157260115515366.jpeg

received_10157260115740366.jpeg

IMG-20160821-WA0013.jpg

_20160821_003825.jpg

Edited by NaughtyNeigh2

Wow!  I was reading your update and getting *goosebumps* on my arms!  Yay!  

...can he see through that forelock against his blinders? LOL

Congrats and thanks for the photos and video - you looked great and he looked pretty comfortable with the whole thing!  I love the adventures of Coblet!