Sign in to follow this  
Ivory Annie

Diamond In The Rough :-)

In December I ended up with a seven month old colt. He was malnourished. Covered in lice. He had only survived by nursing his mother (who was also very rough). He had no idea how to chew and didn't have a clue what grain was. Well 8 months later with just the most basic of care I would say i got a good one. Also. He was less then $100. I saw something in him through the caked crap and rough state he was in. He's also got a personality to die for. Takes everything in stride and my three year old can lead him and handle him. He is getting gelded next month.

IMG_20160831_212224_zpsqzciqzuf.jpg

Why is it so hard for ppl to do the right thing and feed animals. ♡ my boy

IA,  Nice looking palomino, I would say you found gold.  After a rough start in life, I'm glad you found him & gave a new start in life.   Best Wishes. PD

I wish we could hold people accountable for their actions.  Even the ones no one, or few people see, like abusing and starving animals.

Thanks guys, its honestly just been basic care, worming, feeding and farrier. Thats it, nothing super crazy. And hes actually only getting fed once a day until the pasture is eaten down. Hes on Nutrena Safe Choice Original.  Hes been to two extreme trail clinics(in hand) and has had a mini saddle on him and turned loose in the pasture and he didnt even blink. Hes going to make one heck of a horse.

In December I ended up with a seven month old colt. He was malnourished. Covered in lice. He had only survived by nursing his mother (who was also very rough). He had no idea how to chew and didn't have a clue what grain was. Well 8 months later with just the most basic of care I would say i got a good one. Also. He was less then $100. I saw something in him through the caked crap and rough state he was in. He's also got a personality to die for. Takes everything in stride and my three year old can lead him and handle him. He is getting gelded next month.

IMG_20160831_212224_zpsqzciqzuf.jpg

Why is it so hard for ppl to do the right thing and feed animals. ♡ my boy

Hi Ivory Annie,

We love seeing posts like this! May we use it for our Forum Photo of the Week? It will be posted to our website and our facebook page. 

Thank you,

HC

What an impressive difference for only 8 months! I have virtually no pasture and feed hay all the time (to 5) We grain lightly twice a day and also give beet pulp twice a day.....I cannot get my horses heavy like that! I used to have good pasture and had a hard time keeping weight "off"! I can't wait till we get good pasture growing for our boys!

footnote. (our horses are pretty "mature". With the youngest being 13 and the oldest 31. That probably plays a contributing factor)