Sign in to follow this  
PinkTractor

Last Tuesday Of Summer

Where did summer go? Was here and gone - quickly. Thankfully we still are having summer weather - which is unheard of usually here. I still have a garden that is doing well. Tomatoes, cabbage, and zuchinni. Got a ton of cucumbers - but they turn yellow before they get big enough to pick.

Work today, then going to pick tomatoes, pick stalls, clean up around the house then do some errands. I have no food at all in the house, turkeys have enough for one more feeding...so I need to get to town.

I am glad to see summer go - it was so very hot, miserable for riding and it's always my busy/stressful season at work.  This year I came to the realization that I really don't like summer!  Hello Autumn - I have been waiting for you!!

Grass is still green here, but leaves are turning & falling, so fall is on it's way, but that doesn't mean there won't be good weather yet to enjoy the outdoors. PD

We're still 70-80* during the day - dropping to 50's at night. Grass is growing like crazy, flies and bugs are all over, leaves are barely changing. It's not over according to our PA weather, yet.

Summer is my favorite. I am always cold - so I dread winter months. Still need to get our barn tightened up some as they're predicting a very nasty winter for us.

I am glad to see summer go - it was so very hot, miserable for riding and it's always my busy/stressful season at work. This year I came to the realization that I really don't like summer! Hello Autumn - I have been waiting for you!!

My thoughts exactly!!

I hate summer.  I am ready to see fall.

Good news we went to a dog show this past weekend and put 2 more titles on my dogs.  Basior finished his AKC conformation championship by going breed over Specials for a 4 point major.  We were tickled pink.  Then he went to the Owner Handler group and took a Group 4 over a decent sized terrier group.  

Then Redford finished his Coursing ability title.  

Overall it was a good weekend and we had a great supper with other Parson owners.

Today dragged on forever it seemed like. Of course it could have been the meds I take for my migraines as they have muscle relaxer in them. Seemed like I was moving under water all day!

I must be mad!  I just accepted a job about 150 miles away from where I live now.  So, I now have 2 1/2 weeks to...  give 2 weeks notice at work, find an apartment to rent, give notice at my apartment, cull through all my STUFF, pack, and move. 

On the plus side, the new job will have health insurance and retirement savings, neither of which I have now.  And it will pay approximately $10K/year more.  This opportunity is definitely worth the hassle.  I'll just have a busy few weeks!

-T

^^^Congratulations! You can do all that! I did it when I sold my house and I had a barn to move too. I was very busy but it only lasted two weeks. It sounds like a definite move up in employment.

Thanks Jubal.  I have a preliminary to do list going....  Tonight, I need to draft and print a resignation letter giving 2 weeks notice to my boss.  Next highest priority -- figure out where I'm going to live, sign a lease, and get a firm move-in date.  THEN I can start calling utilities to start and stop service, put in change of address notifications where necessary, and arrange a mover.  Even if I pack most of my things myself, I will need someone else to move the big stuff.  And for my sanity, I'll have movers move most of the stuff.  I'll just take a small bag with a couple days of clothing and toiletries, maybe an air mattress, and some critter supplies (food, water, leash, litter box, etc.) in the car with the dog and kitty.

It looks like there is a dog park less than a mile from where I work.  I wonder if I can also find a pet-friendly, large dog friendly place nearby...  :)

-T

Remember yesterday when I thought having 4 days off in a row was going to drive me crazy and I was considering asking to work extra shifts? Yeah, scratch that! Holy hades today was crazy, my legs are killing me...and Im off to bed. I promise to cherish every day off from now on. Still love my job though.