Sign in to follow this  
wolfhaven

New Music

I see a lot of references and postings on FB about old bands that are still making the rounds.  These groups have been around 40-50 years but still play the old classics from their big days.  I think that's fine, it's good music.  I have a hard time listening to old classic rock stations because they seem to recycle the same songs and frankly I've heard enough of the beatles, the stones, etc...  Pandora has been a huge blessing.  I get to hear lots of newer artists or artists that don't get the mainstream radio play.  Now I get to listen to Beth Hart, Joe Bonamassa who are great individually and when they've collaborated it's amazing.  ZZ Ward and Alabama Shakes are a couple others.  My tastes are pretty eclectic so I skip around genres daily, even hourly.  

Who have you discovered recently?  How do you find new musicians?  

Megan Slankard is an indy artist who played at my Uncle's 2009 wedding in California.  Turns out she was also in a TV show I liked to watch in the mid 2000s ... AND ... at the wedding, we discovered we were NEIGHBORS!  She grew up a couple houses in front of my Mother's property in CA and attended (and performed her music at) the grade school Sis and I attended and where Sis is now the school librarian.  I like her style and follow her regularly.

Her latest release, Bones Live Forever:

I wait for my hip friends to post something on FB.

:)

I do not know any new bands that not everyone knows.  I am listing to Halestorm right now.  I am not an Angel.  

I am pretty eclectic with my music....my last two concerts I went to were Alabama aND just last night.....Alice Cooper! I have a friend that likes going to concerts so I normally get the extra ticket!!!

My husband usually tells me about new people to listen to or a good song he heard. He works out of town, so spends 20+ hours a week in a car driving.

This is my new favorite. Disturbed, has been around forever, but a new song I really like.

S&G were so good together.  Their harmony was amazing.  

So a twist.  If you could go back and spend one day with an artist in their prime who would it be?  

I don't have to pause, without a doubt for me it would be Sinead O'Connor from the era of 95-98 when she grew her hair out and really hit her stride musically.  Such an amazing voice.  Adele is nice, Sinead was incredible.  And being a guy I have to say she was drop dead gorgeous too.   :drool:     

It's too bad drugs and mental illness took such a toll on her.  

Rod Stewart would have been neat to see in his prime.  The energy he had when we seen him in concert last year was amazing.  Can only imagine what it was like to see in his early years.

Call me odd but I always have wanted to meet Willy Nelson.  There is just something about his persona that I would find him interesting to meet.  Do I like his music yes & it isn't because I am a huge fan.