Sign in to follow this  
Proud Dad

Weekend Is Here

The sun is out, after a light frost last night, not sure what I'm going to do today, but I will take time to enjoy the sunshine.  Hope your weekend is a good one.  PD

Our forecast is calling for storms today. Right now it's cold and cloudy. We were going to go get a load of hay, but, will hold off, there's still enough for at least another week.

It's cold but sunny...I was offered a free spot in the dressage clinic I normally ride in, and it killed me to turn it down, but I HAVE to get my barn ready for my girls to winter in. So I'm headed out to do that now.

I also have plans to do some work in the barn--mainly sweep cobwebs and dust and clean the tack room. I probably won't be able to breathe by tonight.

Just got done riding my 2 geldings, that hadn't been ridden for a while, both had high energy, but responded after a short period of time, when they didn't get their way. I quit on positive note with both of them. I will admit I feel a bit stiff, after not riding for so long, but that is okay, at least I know I did something now. Later PD

Went to the local Fall Festival and last day of the Downtown Farmer's Market.  I volunteered at the Monroe Community Cat Project table.  Had to leave early because I felt nauseous being right next to the road and the vehicle exhaust was killing me.

Got my barn 90% ready! Now I have to clean up for the hayride tonight!

:( I only got one stall finished. I'm trying to get two years worth of dust off the rafters so it will quit falling on me!

I cleaned the barn, tack room and my horses stall today. Also got a few plants tucked away into the green house, the shade cloth removed and closed up the green house as best as I could. Picked some tomatoes and cucumbers today then did laundry and cleaned the house really well. Finally got my door bell installed too.

Got a weather alert on my phone that they are expecting a heavy rain storm to move in to the area over night. We could possibly get 1 to 3 inches of rain and higher elevations like where I'm at may see up to 5 inches by tomorrow evening!! I put away stuff in my shed and tucked all my outside stuff away in case we get a lot of wind with the this storm. Its coming in from the north so it probably wont bring tons of wind but you never know. 

Jubal, I've a ton of dust and cobwebbing to get rid of still. I want to fill the flooring of the barn with pea gravel before I call it finished....but IDK if that's going to happen.

getting ready for first official working equitation Deutschland tournament on 22-23/10, which includes cleaning kilometers of glass windows inside and outside of the indoor.   it's my first competition ever...   with 97 starting!

Spend most of Saturday out training doggies.  Great day for it, nice and cool.... dogs were all high as a kite! 

Have to work (like job-work) for a couple of hours this morning, then I will get back to work on my massive landscaping undertaking that is actually starting to take form and be recognizable as landscaping instead of looking like I just tore the entire front 'yard' up. 

This afternoon I should head out to Search & Rescue training (K-9) team, but I'll have to see how far I've gotten on the landscaping mess.  I'm trying to finish it as a surprise for my husband.   He was supposed to be home last night, but laptop & passport was stolen Friday night in the midst of some ******** thugs kidnapping a friend (she was safe, they dropped her off far from where they snatched her, she walked a couple of hours to somewhere she recognized).  Super scary stuff.  They were after money, not her.  Police, Feds, and private security all involved, all told she was missing for 4 hours.   I can't imagine.   At any rate, he's off to the Embassy first thing tomorrow morning to start work on getting the passport situation sorted.

Overall, the weekend has been a little more exciting than I prefer.

Dawn that is crazy!!! What country are they in?

My cousin had his passport (and vehicles....yes, plural....truck hauling a jeep. Over a hundred grand in vehicles and equipment) stolen this summer in Canada. He had a hard enough time getting back stateside from there....can't imagine trying to get back from overseas. Hopefully the embassy is super helpful, I know I've heard good stories from a few.

I hope the friend isn't too scarred from her ordeal....what a nightmare that would have to have been.

He's in Mexico City.  He's there a LOT for work.  Probably about 30%-40% of the time for the last two years, so he's pretty comfortable in general at this point, and speaks the language well.

Gabrielle is a local, she's from Mexico.  Sounds like everyone was just very very scared (My hubby and her boyfriend were left standing on the sidewalk when the cab took off with her).  A girl was killed last month in the same scenario (cab driver took off with her, express kidnapping that on the fly took a different turn), so that was a rough few hours it sounds like.  There are apparently a LOT of this type of kidnapping taking place.  He says she is pissed.   I know Gabby, so I can believe it.  She's a firecracker.   I can't imagine how scared I would be, and am very relieved that everyone is safe.  I think they are all a little shocky at this point. 

I'm sure the US Embassy in Mex is well versed in how to handle missing American passports.   Hopefully it isn't too huge of a scene.   I suspsect the loss of the work laptop is going to be more difficult to deal with.   I'm sure they will get a replacement fairly quickly, but some of the work he had stored on there represents a LOT of hard work. 

Edited by DawnC

I'm slowly getting unpacked and settled into the new apartment.  The dog and kitties are settling in well, even if one of the cats insists on going into every cabinet that I open (and a couple of drawers too).  The kitchen is mostly unpacked, so I should be able to cook for the week this afternoon.  I'm thinking maybe a batch of chili for dinners and a breakfast casserole.  I usually take some frozen meals to work for lunch, maybe supplemented by some salad mix to add volume and veggies to the mix.   

It's time to get back to unpacking!  I start my new job tomorrow morning.  Then I have a few more things on my to-do list for the week in addition to finishing unpacking.  I crossed state lines in this move, so I"ll need a new drivers license.  And I need to register to vote, register the car, and license the dog.  The voter registration deadline is Oct. 21, so I have a little time to get that done.  And I believe I can do that as I get the new driver's license, so that will be a combined errand.  :)  Have a good rest of the weekend, all!

Tracy

Our fall festival is going on this weekend. Went yesterday and spent hours there both kids crashed hard last night . hubby is going in the parade this afternoon with the fire dept. He spent most of the day with us yesterday.

The kids have school but he is off tomorrow so we are going to work on somethings around the house and talk . things are going much better in that dept. Just not sure if we are ready to live together full time again. Time Will tell.

We picked the things we could salvage from our garden & then I cleaned up all the dead vines, garden looks better now that all the weeds are not there. PD

DawnC - How scary, glad everyone is safe!

Yesterday was train robbery day....in the pouring rain. I cant even begin to explain just how pouring it was. We are extremely short on club members that can ride, so I stepped up and took one for the team and joined the leader yesterday. The bad guys and a group of good guys are already on the train...train stops midway of the ride and guys get off. The good guys on horseback (waiting in the woods next to the tracks and praying the train would hurry up) come out and join up with the good guys that got off the train and then ride up to the bad guys and a gun fight breaks out. Good guys win of course. Everyone on the train loves it. I was soaked, even in one of those Outback oilskin duster coats. I knew the horse I rode at least, I trained him for the group years ago. Hes now blind in one eye and has his moments but he did just fine.

The horses were squirrely yesterday evening at feeding time, perhaps they knew the high winds were brewing for today. Ive taken advantage of the wind today and have hung several loads of laundry out on the line. Now just taking it easy, crocheting a ladybug hat for a little girl and watching some old shows on tv.

Been a soggy rainy day here. Not as bad of a soaker as they predicted but still it hasn't quit raining all day. I put up some Halloween decorations today finally. I had a few apples left to use so I made two more loaves of apple bread. The house smells sooooo good. I just realized that as of today I have had my horse now for 16 years. Its crazy to think that its been 16 years already since my dream of owning my own horse came true when he stepped off the trailer. Its been 16 years of all kinds of adventures and memories, here's to 16 more!

For some reason, sweeping and vacuuming cobwebs over my head for three hours yesterday, made the back of my legs so sore I could barely stand to ride this morning. Anyway, I did it again today. I probably won't be able to sit tomorrow. One more day and I think I'll have it finished. I've come to the conclusion that pellet bedding is dustier than sawdust. Sure is a lot handier, though.

On our way home from a nice weekend. We got presidential package for the weekend in the steam locomotive 261 special. Only down side is last night the heat didn't get turned back on & in an attempt to fix friend start air conditioning. Didn't take long to turn the bedrooms into meat lockers. Then with the layout of the train there was a lot of traffic going through our car. I was the police dog. So if someone sat our lounge I'd grill them. By mid afternoon our group had a reputation & booze wasn't involved yet.

All in all we had fun relaxing enjoying the ride.