Sign in to follow this  
PinkTractor

Tuckered Out Tuesday...

Was supposed to go out with some friends last night. Got out of work, ran to the dollar store, picked up a wig, went and got some money, picked up my dog, went home and started cleaning stalls. TWO hours it took me for two stalls. I felt like death. It just hit me. What? I'm not sure. I was weak, I was dizzy, I was crying, it was awful. Finished stalls, got the buckets filled, feed in - put the horses away. Went and spread the manure. Then fed the turkey and ducks. Go in the house and sit in the chair and I'm done. Migraine set it, thought I was going to vomit. Laid in the chair with my dog until 730 then went to bed. Slept until 640 this morning. Still feel awful. Head feels like it wants to explode.

I'm ready to go home...after I get horse feed, drop a payment off, and all my other running around.

/sigh.

Stress is gonna kill you Pink.  You need a vacation.  Hope you're feeling better as the day goes on.

Sugar high Tuesday?  No kids of course so the candy is all MINE!!!  Except for what the Mrs' eats and the grandkids...  Although they walked by the candy dish and asked for carrots the other day.  Stopped by DQ on the way home and grabbed a treat for us.  Had dessert first.  Any wonder why I'm big as a horse?  sheesh...   

Noon hockey yesterday was a bit slow but got a good workout in.  Worked late to make up my play time.  Woke up this morning to 51 degrees!  Shorts and long sleeve shirt for the ride in.  Pavement was wet so I got a bit messy from the tire spray.  Had an awesome tailwind which I took advantage of.  Ran into a detour.  The RR had a set of crossings closed so it was a mile longer to get in.  Just two years ago the river was starting to freeze over and this year it's in the 50's.  25 years ago was the halloween blizzard with 36+ inches of snow.  Good times...

Wolf, I'm envious of your temps. Yesterday was in the 80's. Today the high is 86. Last night, handing out candy, it didn't feel like Halloween. The kids were all hot in their costumes. The best part of Halloween was seeing my little niece. She is 13 months. She was dressed like a little pumpkin. It was cute. She's definitely the bright spot in my day. 

Last night, my car hit 300,000 miles. It's a '98 model Honda Accord. I've had it for 9 years. I'll probably just keep driving it as long as it will run. 

After work, I am going to the gym. I haven't been since February. I have quit drinking sodas and sweet tea, and I already feel better. I just know that exercising will help me feel even better, so I am ready to get with it. 

No trick-or-treaters, as usual. But this year, instead of buying kiddie-candy-just-in-case, I got Ghirardelli chocolate and sea salt bars, just-for-me.

Wolf, couldn't you just carry your bike over the crossings that are out?

Pink, I agree. You need some down time.

Jonathon, good luck with the changes. I felt better when I cut out most of the sugar. I should do it again.

Dentist again.  :angry:

In the 80's here too plus windy. Trying to get everything done around here before cataract surgery tomorrow. The yard is in good shape just need to work on the house today.

Pink, hope you get feeling better.

No trick or treaters last night. Guess all the candy is mine????

I need a vacation and a maid. Someone to help me get things done. But, I am not denying the fact that the stress is going to catch up with me. I have too much to do for anyone my age.

Head doesn't feel like it wants to explode - but still feel "woozy". Day is going slow. But, I did get a phone call that I won a 6 month pack of Frontline Gold from my vet. I don't want to switch my dog, though.

Good luck Jonathan, I joined the gym. Was doing really good. Then life got hectic the past month and only been there about once a week. Need to get back on it.

Good luck with surgery tomorrow, Force. Be sure to listen to the strict doctor orders on that one!

Oh I need a maid so bad.

We got no trick or treaters, but we never have.  So that was nothing new.   

We got home, fixed a very good beef stew with chocolate in it.  Then ran the dogs out for play and went to bed.

My alarm did not go off and I really did not want to get up this morning.  

She's not a maid, but my aunt comes and cleans our house every other Thursday. She really helps with the kitchen, living room, and bathrooms. We keep laundry done and dishes done, but we all stay so busy that the little things pile up. It helps to have her keep the tedious things done. 

All ya'll with those warm temps....send some of that my way would ya?!? It's rainy and gross here and just plain blech!

I can't get in any horse time and now that halloween is out of the way AND the museum is going to be closing up shop on the weekends, that means more free time for ME!  :yay:

Tonight I'm going to bake some cookies I think. Tomorrow I have a board meeting for work and then our new crochet group that I created here in town is meeting, so thought I'd bring a treat to share. Thursday my friend and I will be cooking. We decided to make that a weekly adventure.  :happy0203: She has no idea how to cook and basically lives off beer and bad food. No idea how she survives as an adult.  :confused0024:  :thud: So, that'll be fun. 

What do you mean a person can't live off beer.  Thought is was listed on the food pyramid.

Wolf, joked with a person at one house about how the great Halloween storm started with a warmer day & turned ugly.

We hit the streets right after school yesterday.  Made a point of leaving the truck parked so we had to walk for the treats.  By the time we were about done with our loop back someone said they were done & wanted to go home.  Still for the places we did hit the bag got filled.

Wolf, I'm envious of your temps. Yesterday was in the 80's. Today the high is 86. Last night, handing out candy, it didn't feel like Halloween. The kids were all hot in their costumes. The best part of Halloween was seeing my little niece. She is 13 months. She was dressed like a little pumpkin. It was cute. She's definitely the bright spot in my day.

Last night, my car hit 300,000 miles. It's a '98 model Honda Accord. I've had it for 9 years. I'll probably just keep driving it as long as it will run.

After work, I am going to the gym. I haven't been since February. I have quit drinking sodas and sweet tea, and I already feel better. I just know that exercising will help me feel even better, so I am ready to get with it.

Gotta love a Honda, they last forever! I have a 2008 Civic with 220k miles. The only thing that makes me leery is that Im still making payments on it and knowing my luck it will die before I get it paid off. Not a thing wrong with with it though, runs like a top so maybe Ill luck out.

Hey all! Im still around. Still loving my job and have been getting recognized by the "head honcho" for my fantastic patient care. I was given a gift card to cover my lunch/dinner and a big wig manager came to me and asked me how long Ive been working there. I told him I started in August and he told me that I have made my presence there very well known, the patients are constantly singing my praises and that he is glad that Im a part if their team. I was a little taken back, what I do isnt hard and it doesnt take much just to be nice to people who are sick. I think Im in the right place.

Im really happy with life right now. I love where I live, my landlord is awesome. This little town is great, my job is great, my bills are paid and my animals are happy.

My little riders are great! Still not trotting really, maybe a few strides here and there but theyre content to just walk and fool around with the barrels. My oldest rider has made her Xmas list that includes her own Western saddle. Her mom found a cheap tacky saddle on Amazon and asked my opinion, to which I replied heck no! Found her a used Big Horn for $50 last week, brought it home and shined it up. Just need to scrub the fenders which are a pretty teal color. Ill be holding it at my place til Xmas. I gave her mom a Horse.com catalogue and told her to order a name plate for the cantle to "make it hers". The saddle is the only horse related thing on her Xmas list but since I got the saddle so cheap (her mom payed for it, not me) her mom and I are gonna make a trip to the tack store and get her a used bridle to match and a pair of paddock boots. She already has a helmet.

Headed to the costume store today, yep the day after Halloween lol. I have a paid gig this weekend as a saloon girl. Really wish I could sew a good costume, I hate the cheesy cheap look of bought costumes. Think I may invest in a nice saloon girl costume from a western wear/outfitter place in the near future.

Anybody have a sweet tooth?  We didn't have any trick or treaters, so have alot of candy lefyt over, we can give part of it to grandkids, done side, daughter may send us dental bill for rotting teeth. 

PW, Hope you feel better soon, 

Jon, Good luck at the gym, & You've good service from your Honda, up in our country,  engines last okay, but on a 98, the body rust from our salt, gets costly to repair.

Wish you all a good day. PD

Queen--Check out the company, Recollections. They make excellent costumes. I ordered through them for a historic dress and while it did take a bit to ship (they are all custom made to measurements) it was beautifully well made with very high quality material. I bought it during their 4th of July Sale and I was a bit on a time crunch so I did get a bit impatient, but if you are not on any time constraints for future use of an outfit, I'd suggest looking into them. They have reasonable sales and I ended up getting over 100 and some odd dollars off my order, making most (if not all) of my accessories "free".  :winking:

Pink, what do you use on your dog? My vet said any topical flea med (such as Frontline) only works till you bathe your dog. It never seemed to work that well when it was fresh! I will never try any topical flea med again as I generally wash my dogs once a week. I have mine on Comfortis now. It is a pill and goes into their bloodstream right away. Kills fleas in one hour.

is it any cheaper than Comfortis? That is about 25 dollars a pill at the vet office.

Yeah, I want to say I pay a little over $50 every three months.

I order nexgard from over seas.  I cannot afford the vet prices.  I get nexgard 12 biggest pills for 148 dollars.  

I just go to petshed.com and order from there.  It does take a couple weeks.  Keep in mind that you will have to do the weight conversions from KG to lbs.  But I think the website has lbs but when you get it, it is kgs.

Do keep in mind that it is non prescription.  So if you are unsure if your dog has heartworms or not be careful. Heartgard is safe to give to a dog if it has heartworms though and it will eventually kill them off.  That is called the slow kill method.  

I used to be terrified to order overseas.  But really the meds here are upcharged so much by FDA and vets.  Vets make quite a bit of money off of the meds.   And honestly I cannot afford Nexgard for all my dogs at the price of the vets.  And the drops were causing harm to my dogs and were not working.  

I see this post has been up for a week, but it sure fits for today, as many are tuckered out from political commercials & everything that comes with it. Time to get back to Thanksgiving & Black Friday.   Best Wishes  All. PD

Is nexgaurd for heartworm too? gahhh..been so long since I've worked at the vet I've forgotten. 

I use Proheart 6 injection for my dog for heartworm. Only needs it every 6 months, no testing required as long as we keep up with it and if he contracts heartworm while on the shot, the company pays for the treatment, including pain meds and hospitalization. He's been on it for over 6 years now. 

Fleas and Tics I use Bravecto. Oral meaty chew. Gets that once every 3 months. 

:thud:

Nexgard is only for fleas and ticks.  Same as Bravecto. 

They sell hartgard there and revolution and sentinel.  (boy my sentence structure there is amazing)

I will be glad when the election is over but worried still.  

That's what I thought. I didn't think Nexgaurd covered HW, but I just couldn't remember. 

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to check that site out. If they have Bravecto on there, it might be worth looking into. I likely won't switch from Proheart as I've been happy with it and I enjoy the 6 month schedule for us, but heck, if I can find other things on there....yesssum!