Sign in to follow this  
RailroadWoman

Saturday Leftovers

So who is sick of having all those leftover already?  We lucked out & managed to make the correct amount of portions for the day.  

At work running around like a chicken seeing as that bus never did stop to pick me up for Crazy Town.

I will actually be cooking "leftovers" today.  Not everything that would appear at the family feast, just a few favorites.  I'll bake a turkey breast, mash a few potatoes, cook some carrots and green beans, and maybe doctor up some Stovetop stuffing.

In the meantime, there is plenty of football on tv.  And I'm waiting for the maintenance people to unstick my garage door so I can get my car out before I need to head to work Monday morning.  I was hoping to get to a used bookstore downtown today and check it out, but we will see how long it takes to free my car.  Not a big deal though, I have plenty of food in the apartment and books to read if I get tired of tv.  Not to mention, Leonardo will walk with me as frequently as I want to take him out.  Or we can play ball in the house...  :)

Tracy

We had our Thanksgiving on Tuesday, so no leftovers here, but my wife fixed a pot roast for lunch yesterday, I'm looking forward to a cold or hot beef sandwich before the day is over.

Tracy you sound very content with a good book & Leonardo at your side. How do like your new move & your new job? Change is not always easy, there are time when we don't have much choice, especially if we want to move forward in life.  So I hope the new job & new move have worked well for you. Haven't followed your posts alot, but enough that you come across as a positive mature young person.      Best Wishes. PD

Mmmm. Pot roast sounds good. I may get one at the grocery later. I forgot my toe warmers this morning when I rode. It was an abbreviated workout. But it didn't take much edge off the horse. He was just getting wound up after 30 minutes.

PD, for the most part the move has gone well.  I like my new job and coworkers.  It's taking awhile to get to know other people around here, and I miss my friends in the Des Moines area.  But I'm close enough to go visit occasionally, so I'm not completely out of touch.  And from a career perspective, it was *definitely* time for a change.

Hmmm, pot roast is sounding good too.  Maybe next week!  :)

Tracy

RRW,    The post roast was a reward for helping my wife take down & put up a new flat screen tv yesterday, she knows how well I enjoy doing those kinds of things, but it has been good both times I sampled it. 

Tracy, I know change is not always easy, but it is good to hear that you are doing well, with both move & new job. It should only get better.  PD

We had planned on leftovers today, but the fridge started going out. It's not completely dead, but we have lost a lot of the food. Thankfully, we didn't have too much in there. Also, thankfully, the freezer is still working. 

Edited by jonathanward2006

I have a 15 brother....there are no leftovers, ever.  I am on what I like to call the "k's gonna be hungry again in 50minutes so I better eat half portions" diet.