Sign in to follow this  
RailroadWoman

Christmas Eve Day

Morning to all that are up & at it already.

Those of you traveling be safe. Those who have family over enjoy your time with loved ones.

Today I'll be home.  Hubby will go to work then come get Shortman to go shopping for me.  It's their thing to shop on Christmas Eve.  Personally they are crazy for it.  So while they are gone gifts will be wrapped.

Tonight we will have lasagne & garlic bread.  Will also make up a small meat cheese tray.  Being were from Wisconsin cheese & summer sausage can be a meal.

I just want to sleep. Short night. But I'm up, just had steak for breakfast and will be heading to clean the barn soon. Then I need to get showered and ready for the evening.

I'm waiting until next week to attempt Walmart, even then, it'll probably still be a nuthouse, everyone returning gifts that didn't cut it.

Very cold and windy here, but, bright blue sunny skies!

Snows supposed to start tonight.

there was a lovely hoar frost this morning, so I ran out and got some Christmas pics taken.

Merry Christmas from South Dakota.

15723551_10154812135173480_6335479239086

15698241_10154812154453480_1365049122443

15731985_10154812112733480_3188260300803

Little Miss Naughty looks like she is pouting in that second pic.

Horsecrazy good luck on finding anything on the shelves.

Went out to do chores & it was beautiful.  So walked up to get the mail.  The boys left for shopping so I had better get wrapping.

Migraine kicked in and I fell asleep on couch. Made it to barn around noon. Took me forever to do stalls. Tractor wouldn't atart, four wheeler stalled. Then I got frustrated and cried, making head hurt worse. But, stalls are nice and clean, barn aisle is swept, buckets are filled, and everything is put away. Now off to go shower and put on my happy face.

Honey Citrus Ham in the crockpot, ingredients for butternut squash with cranberries and hazelnuts ready to assemble, and scalloped potatoes ready to assemble and bake.  Christmas Eve dinner is coming along nicely.  And no need to cook tomorrow!  :D

Tracy

Surprisingly, Walmart wasn't too bad. It was crowded but I found everything I needed and the checkout lines were shorter then they are on a normal day. Tried to get presents wrapped while hubby took our oldest sledding. Turns out she doesn't like sledding. Guess it will be a late night tonight trying to get everything wrapped. 

Pink, hope you get to feeling better. Migraines suck. I know the frustration. I have broken down and cried many of times when a gazillion small things keep going wrong. *hugs*

Horsecrazy would have thought it would be a nut house.  Good luck getting gifts wrapped tonight.  Been there done that.

Pink sucks that the equipment wouldn't run for you.  Then getting a migraine.  Hope you don't have to drive far tonight.

Tracy got meat & cheese made up.  Shrimp cooked & cooling to have with crab tomorrow.  About half hour dinner goes in the oven