Sign in to follow this  
Proud Dad

The Weekend is here, Wha'ts happening?

I'm working on a cup of coffee & a doughnut right now, both are going down very well,  Going to hospital to visit my wife later, my wife has had trouble with  different health problems, for a while, & has been in & out of hospital since last fall. I'll share details when they get a handle of everything, but one problem has just complicated the other, but I think they are closer to knowing the best approach now. My wife is a strong woman by nature, but feeling rotten for this length of time was wearing on her, but she has some of her fight back now, & that is a good sign.  So that is what I've been doing lately, actually I'm also washing clothes right now also, while horses are in for breakfast.   Have a great day. PD

Winter has made an appearance here, its cold. Supposed to be winter like all week. I think Im ok with that...these last few weeks of highs in the 60s and lows in the 30s which makes me play the blankets on blankets off of the horses routine. That gets old. Looks like blankets can stay on all week. 

I am having major baby fever. Its crazy. I want a kid. Spending time with my little riders makes it worse, lol. Ugh, I need this feeling to go away.

It's thawing here after being blasted with a week long Siberian cold front.  Don't need that again thanks.

54 minutes ago, QueenBAW said:

I am having major baby fever. Its crazy. I want a kid. Spending time with my little riders makes it worse, lol. Ugh, I need this feeling to go away.

QB, The maternal instinct is a strong calling, but consider  the demands a child would make on your life, for the next 18-20- years,  also consider that there are many children out there that need mentors, & the positive things you can bring to their lives. Many parents live in a busy world these days, to make a living, & kids are to often caught in the middle, so there is a needs for people to pick up the slack in their lives, to keep pointing them in the right direction. Being a male horselover, I've had several third daughters, that didn't have a father at home or shared their interest.  Best of luck to you. PD

18 minutes ago, Proud Dad said:

QB, The maternal instinct is a strong calling, but consider  the demands a child would make on your life, for the next 18-20- years,  also consider that there are many children out there that need mentors, & the positive things you can bring to their lives. Many parents live in a busy world these days, to make a living, & kids are to often caught in the middle, so there is a needs for people to pick up the slack in their lives, to keep pointing them in the right direction. Being a male horselover, I've had several third daughters, that didn't have a father at home or shared their interest.  Best of luck to you. PD

Oh I completely understand. I have absolutely no plans of having children, actually I plan on not having children. Im not married, not even in a relationship. Ill just keep spending time with my little riders/goat tyers, lol.

Dad, I am glad your wife has got her fight back and I hope she can come home soon.  I know how it feels to be constantly plagued with medical issues, it gets tiring.  Many spouses don't have that in their partner and I'm sure having you close by is helping her recovery.  I know having my husband helped me.

Not much planned for today.  The sun is out but it is a bit breezy and close to windy.  We may go out to the back property and target shoot our guns this afternoon.

PD, sure hope the Mrs. will be well very soon.  

QB, I used to get that feeling slightly when I was young.  Always thought of it as more natural nesting, so go get a puppy or kitten.  Yes, some may flame me for that advise but it puts the extra member in your family that you are searching for.

All the time a new family member showed up in our house was 1. thought needed something more to nurture 2. hubby worked on the road in the winter & something was missing. Haven't had the notion for needed to fulfill the nesting as been to busy.

Working in the office today.  Nothing major.  This morning slept in late & still go a huge amount done before work.  Felt really good.

PD, I hope your wife gets back to good health quickly. 

I sign papers on Wednesday for my new place. I'm just renting an apartment for now but it's at least a place to go. I've been packing this last week. Got most everything I don't use daily packed.  

In the mean time I drew up plans to make a big tack box to keep in my trailer (open stock).  Where my horses are is just a three sided shed with a little place for hay storage. No tack storage.  It's currently in the (soon to be) X-SO's garage. 

This last week at work a piece of equipment came in a wood crate darn near the size I am gonna make my tack box. So I brought thar sucker home. Gonna bring home some other crates home tonight and rip them apart and use them to mostly finish my tack box tomorrow.  

3 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

PD, sure hope the Mrs. will be well very soon.  

QB, I used to get that feeling slightly when I was young.  Always thought of it as more natural nesting, so go get a puppy or kitten.  Yes, some may flame me for that advise but it puts the extra member in your family that you are searching for.

All the time a new family member showed up in our house was 1. thought needed something more to nurture 2. hubby worked on the road in the winter & something was missing. Haven't had the notion for needed to fulfill the nesting as been to busy.

Working in the office today.  Nothing major.  This morning slept in late & still go a huge amount done before work.  Felt really good.

I already have 2 dogs, no need for a puppy or a kitten...thanks. 

PD, I hope your wife gets all the answers she needs and relief soon. I know it's hard to see a loved one feel sick.

Queen, you need to get a teaching certificate. Then you can borrow other people's kids for the day, and send them home each afternoon. It worked for me.

Want to thank you all for the well wishes for my wife, her spirits were good today, she might come home tomorrow, if everything looks good. With each set back they find another way forward. Only positive is, if you are going to be sick, this good time of year, to be sick, as you arn't missing much outside, in this country.

jubal I keep forgetting you are retired teacher, I hope I crossed my Ts & dotted all my Is, & have all my commas in the right place. You could make me feel young again if you graded my post.!!!!!  PD

46 minutes ago, jubal said:

PD, I hope your wife gets all the answers she needs and relief soon. I know it's hard to see a loved one feel sick.

Queen, you need to get a teaching certificate. Then you can borrow other people's kids for the day, and send them home each afternoon. It worked for me.

Yes! Ive always wanted to run a summer camp for inner city kids that otherwise wouldnt experience country life. That would be so awesome. Im pretty happy with being able to spend time with my little riders though, even if they arent my own.

PD I sure hope your wife feels better and better.  It can be very draining having a loved one in the hospital, so I hope you're taking care of yourself, as well!

I worked all day for the construction company that built our new high school addition.  They're almost done and need help getting the place spruced up and ready for final inspections.  Probably going to go in tomorrow, too, and early on Monday before I clock in for my normal job.  Gotta make the monies, ya know? Lol

PD, you get an A for positive attitude and encouraging everyone else. I don't have to do spelling and grammar any more.

Queen, I thought about the summer camp thing too, many years ago. But no benefits. When we took inner city kids on field trips to country locations, many of them were afraid of everything. It was eye opening.

Tuck,   Great that you stopped in again, now don't be a stranger.

JG,    Good luck getting your tack box together, you sound very resourceful.  Also wish you well as you heal, breakup of relationships are never easy, I guess all we can do is keep moving forward.

I hope you all have a good weekend,  Best Wishes. PD

My wife got out of hospital this AM,  was hungry so we went out for lunch.  Since last fall she has had trouble with her gal bladder, then her blood sugar was running to high, so they put on insulin, then had trouble with a blockage in bile duct, between liver & pancreas, & that is still a problem, they are working on to address, this last time she had constant pain in her back, so went to ER, & they found her potassium levels in kidneys were high. They now have that under control, & pain in back is gone, we have 2 doctor appointments this coming week, for blockage in bile duct, she currently has a external drain on her side to get rid of bile, that we hope is temporary.  But she now has her fight back, & ready for what comes next.    Have a great day All. PD

Yay!  I'm glad Mrs. Dad is home!  Blocked ducts must be so painful, it isn't like you can wriggle around and get a gas bubble to move to find relief.  I hope the temp drain fixes things for her.

PD - prayers for a speedy recovery for your wife. 

I spent the weekend singing with my choir. Also did a little bit of baking as well. Made some fresh apple walnut bread to share with all my choir buddies. Im exhausted but looking forward to our next weekend we get to sing together again. 

My husband drove me to the Bead Show today and I spent a couple hundred on jewelry supplies.  Glass beads and magnetic clasps were my big scores.  It was a GREAT day!  And with the sweet, comes the sour .... I think I may be coming down with something as my nose won't stop running.  Dag-nabbit!

Again  want to thank you all for your thoughts  prayers for my wife, that is much appreciated.  She is again Queen of her kitchen, always first place she checks out when she has been gone.. Best Wishes. PD

20 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

My wife got out of hospital this AM,  was hungry so we went out for lunch.  Since last fall she has had trouble with her gal bladder, then her blood sugar was running to high, so they put on insulin, then had trouble with a blockage in bile duct, between liver & pancreas, & that is still a problem, they are working on to address, this last time she had constant pain in her back, so went to ER, & they found her potassium levels in kidneys were high. They now have that under control, & pain in back is gone, we have 2 doctor appointments this coming week, for blockage in bile duct, she currently has a external drain on her side to get rid of bile, that we hope is temporary.  But she now has her fight back, & ready for what comes next.    Have a great day All. PD

So glad to hear she is out of the hospital. Glad the pain is gone, chronic pain is a cross to bear. Do they have her on a restrictive renal diet? I swear the renal diet is worse than a diabetics diet. She must take care of her kidneys, effects of failure is no joke.

Paul has had high potassium levels and is on a once a week Med for it. He's got to limit avocados,  green leafy veggies and bananas, all his favorite foods. Makes it hard to lose the clinics prescribed weight when you can't have those foods. Too much protein is bad too. He's losing weight albeit slowly.