Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
noponies

Wednesday wake-up call

21 posts in this topic

Nah! Those were done a couple hours ago. Had a fresh one with coffee at 5AM,

Edited by noponies

Um...sure, lol.  I'm at work already. It's 6AM my time.

After work today, I'm going to DD's school and teaching the 1st graders how to finger crochet. Should be fun!

Then home to make dinner and head to bed. Have to be in at 4AM tomorrow :(

Edited by pepperann

Wasting the morning in bed sounds perfect.  Woke up to rain, thunder and lightning.  But alas, I am at work steadily throwing mud at the walls.

Teaching 1st graders to finger crochet sounds horrible.  Extra big coffee and dose of patience for you.

Finger knitting is a great activity for kids.  They will catch on fast the only problem is for them to get their fingers to work.

Mud slinging could be a new past time in my office however we are far from mud season.  Oh wait we are to hit 50 this weekend.

Today is a day off and my friend is off, too .... so we are going to the movies to see the Lego Batman movie!  I'm so glad I have friends who will watch child-oriented stuff with me.  I plan on eating popcorn until I burst!  Well, I won't eat that much, but it'll feel like it.  lol

The movie "Eagle Huntress" was as wonderful as I hoped it would be.  I was a little sad at the end, with the way they hunt other animals with the eagles.  But for a documentary filmed on a budget, showing the relationship between father and daughter, man and eagle and an entire population's way of life and traditions .... it was simply amazing to see.

In other news, tonight I'll be receiving items from my childhood (350 Breyer horses) and items I retained from my friend's estate when she passed away last year.  My Bestie transports animals by ground and had a van coming back from CA empty so we made an agreement for me to pay for the drivers and fuel (so her profit doesn't get eaten into) to bring me my things.  When I called around to moving companies for quotes of a small (under 1k#) move, the prices were on average 4x what I will be paying with my friend.

Was going to ride this morning before work but woke to dumping rain. Oh well. Sitting here enjoying some apple crisp and a glass of milk for breakfast before I head off to work for the day. 

Its nice to have friends, right? And PW, your breakfast tops my fresh donut.

Donuts sound really good too! I have this little donut shop a couple miles from me that makes the best donuts. Their maple bars are huge!! 

1 hour ago, Heidi n Q said:

Today is a day off and my friend is off, too .... so we are going to the movies to see the Lego Batman movie!  I'm so glad I have friends who will watch child-oriented stuff with me.  I plan on eating popcorn until I burst!  Well, I won't eat that much, but it'll feel like it.  lol

The movie "Eagle Huntress" was as wonderful as I hoped it would be.  I was a little sad at the end, with the way they hunt other animals with the eagles.  But for a documentary filmed on a budget, showing the relationship between father and daughter, man and eagle and an entire population's way of life and traditions .... it was simply amazing to see.

In other news, tonight I'll be receiving items from my childhood (350 Breyer horses) and items I retained from my friend's estate when she passed away last year.  My Bestie transports animals by ground and had a van coming back from CA empty so we made an agreement for me to pay for the drivers and fuel (so her profit doesn't get eaten into) to bring me my things.  When I called around to moving companies for quotes of a small (under 1k#) move, the prices were on average 4x what I will be paying with my friend.

Wouldn't it be funny for a cop to stop and inspect a van with 350 Breyer horses in it! They'd probably think it had to be dope smuggling. 

Heidi,  we just went to Lego Batman.  You'll enjoy it.  Great deal on getting your items moved.

Oh yummy donuts from a really good bakery would be so fantastic right now.

4 hours ago, qhridinGA said:

Teaching 1st graders to finger crochet sounds horrible.  Extra big coffee and dose of patience for you.

Thank you! There are only 8, one of which is my own kiddo. We'll see how it goes :)

7 hours ago, jubal said:

Wouldn't it be funny for a cop to stop and inspect a van with 350 Breyer horses in it! They'd probably think it had to be dope smuggling. 

Ooooh, if they tried cutting my Breyers apart there'd have been heck to pay!

7 hours ago, noponies said:

Got health and Coggins on all those horses?

These horses haven't seen a vet since I married in 1993!

RRW, tomorrow will be a better day because it is closer to Friday than today.

23 hours ago, qhridinGA said:

18 hours ago, pepperann said:

Thank you! There are only 8, one of which is my own kiddo. We'll see how it goes :)

It went really well! The 2 girls caught on really fast. I only had a 1 that flat out refused to even try, and the others tried their best with varying results. We all had fun, which was the best part.

^^^The two girls who learned will probably teach the others to do it before the week is over.

22 minutes ago, jubal said:

^^^The two girls who learned will probably teach the others to do it before the week is over.

lol, probably! My daughter was like "why didn't you teach me this before?" I purposely didn't, so she could learn with the rest of the class.