Sign in to follow this  
Heidi n Q

Merry Monday!

We bought a tractor over the weekend!  We also bought a trailer, need to fix it up this week after work and then we'll go pick up our tractor on Saturday.  Very excited!

How is your week shaping up?

Heidi did you get the honey-do list all made up?  Or are you going to take the tractor for yourself?

If it were me hubby would be along to bring the tractor home then paws off Mr. it's mine.:D

In the office today & battling my directives for the overnight staffing.  I am missing something but just can't figure out what.  Then stupid me starts figuring what is missing in waitstaff directives while thinking about the other position.  It's like trying to dig a hole in the sand.

OMG  the sun is coming out!!

Nice commute this morning.  Mid thirties so it was on the brink of ice or water.  Should be a decent week of temps.  Nothing spectacular.  Would love to see some sixties and sunshine.  Anxious for good clear roads and the river opening up so I can go paddle and maybe get the dock and boat in the water.  

The tractor is a Mitsubishi 2300D with a bucket, bush hog, grading blade and post-hole auger.  I will have him teach me how to run it but I imagine he will do most of the projects, unless I do it when he is at work.

Yes, everybody should have a tractor!

The modem for my DSL connection blew out on Sat. night and I had no internet Sunday. I've forgotten how to live without a computer.

Edited by jubal

Heidi, Congratulations  We'll need to see pictures of  that tractor, tractors are my second love to horses.  They can be alot of fun to play with.   PD

Taking a break from yard work. It is so nice to get out in the sun.

Heidi, congratulations on your new tractor. I have a John Deere that I love. You will have fun with it!

Back to work!

Congrats on the tractor!!  I want a tractor....they're so stinkin handy.  

My steed was feeling GREAT this morning...it's like she was celebrating the spring season or something....

17388940_10155087233108480_4230730384707123067_o.jpg

I edited the photo to make her look cleaner....she's filthy.  I did, however, buy some super expensive Haas brushes that do a great job at cleaning her up.

I am whipped. Saturday was an extremely rough day at work, one CNA broke down in tears and almost walked out, nobody got a lunch break or even a potty break for that matter. My dog Faith has had a stomach bug and has had diarrhea, so I had to clean that up when I got home. I was up and down all night with her, letting her outside to poo. Yesterday, work was heavy but not as bad. Got home to find my other dog Jenna now has the stomach bug and had elephant sized diarrhea. Thank goodness shes smart enough to have her accidents on the linoleum, still took me half an hour to clean it all up. Was up and down with her all night, letting her out to poo. Got up for good this morning and put both dogs outside and layed down on the couch to finally get some sleep and my phone rings....its farrier day and they need someone to wrangle the minis. So off I go with Faith in tow. Spent all morning til after lunchtime catching minis and having everyones feet done. Videoed the appy mare having her feet done to show Zarinna. Zarinna keeps begging to see it be done and wants to learn how to hold her horse for the farrier. Went home, did a couple loads of laundry and hung it out to take advantage of the nice day. Showered, ate, put the dogs outside and crashed on the couch into a mini coma.

Heres a pic of my awesome farrier doing his thing while Faith is enjoying the sunshine. 

20170320_110140.jpg

3 minutes ago, jubal said:

Your farrier needs a stool.

That *would* be nice, but these minis dont stand still. Other than farrier day, they dont get any real handling. (Me and my cowgirls are gonna try to change that this year, now that theyre confident). I dont know of any other farrier that would put up with these minis.