TigerLilly

The Investigation in Trump's ties to Russia

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/20/presidential-executive-order-amending-executive-order-13223

Great. As if our veterans were not burdened with enough baggage. Now they can be called out of retirement at any time. And they are starting with 1000 airforce pilots. 

Edited by TigerLilly

1 hour ago, TigerLilly said:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/20/presidential-executive-order-amending-executive-order-13223

Great. As if our veterans were not burdened with enough baggage. Now they can be called out of retirement at any time. And they are starting with 1000 airforce pilots. 

Unless I missed it, I read, the reserves will be called to active duty, I saw nothing about returning retired veterans to active duty.

Anyway, any retired serviceman knows, he/she, can be called back to active duty for a period of 10years after retirement.....it's something they sign off on, when they separate.

A interesting development, this may have done, in the past, but with social media, it is bought to our attention much quicker. But still may never happen, but it is option they have.   But got to wonder what the need might be. I'm sure we'll find out, in due time. PD

17 hours ago, equicrzy said:

Discharged and retired are not the same in this regard. If they were in the military for less than 20 years you are discharged and are considered IRR for a period of time. 

But that is not the same for retired military. That's why they had to do an executive order the amend it. Now they can pull out the retired before using reserves. 

Now the wording was also changed. In the final section of 688 states that the aforementioned two exclusions are “waived” in “periods of war or active emergency” — which is exactly what Trump has just affirmed exists right now.

So the thinking is that our airforce is low on pilots. They need experienced pilots right now. They did not have time to offer incentives to new recruitment and get them trained. 

and there is also the possibility that the needed highly skilled people back in that they were not likely to find in the Reserves. 

Edit: They also increased the number of retired military they could call back in. It used to be 25 per service. They bumped it up to 1000. 

Edited by TigerLilly

I know the difference between retired and discharged, I didn't raise that issue ..... A lot of retirees won't have to worry though, I would think, because of age.....my husband retired in 1995 he's 60 years old and, partially disabled.... same is true for many others.

I think, what is happening is, young people don't want to enlist anymore, for varying reasons, so, there is a shortage of qualified personnel....it takes time to properly train troops, so, they figure they'd do it this way. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, as a lot of retirees are old and/or, disabled.

I wonder what they think is going to happen, to need all these extra military personnel.

1 hour ago, equicrzy said:

I know the difference between retired and discharged, I didn't raise that issue ..... A lot of retirees won't have to worry though, I would think, because of age.....my husband retired in 1995 he's 60 years old and, partially disabled.... same is true for many others.

I think, what is happening is, young people don't want to enlist anymore, for varying reasons, so, there is a shortage of qualified personnel....it takes time to properly train troops, so, they figure they'd do it this way. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, as a lot of retirees are old and/or, disabled.

I wonder what they think is going to happen, to need all these extra military personnel.

I thought the same thing. Most new retirees would at least be in their low 40s or older. And that is if they joined when they were 20 years old. But yeah I am curious. This may be nothing or "the calm before the storm". Who knows. 

Edited by TigerLilly

I thought the same thing. Most new retirees would at least be in their low 40s or older. And that is if they joined when they were 20 years old. But yeah I am curious. This may be nothing or "the calm before the storm". Who knows. 

I hope it's not, the calm before the storm.   With Trump, who knows.

Let's look at this logically. 

We just had several major hurricanes.  President Trump is requesting pilots.  Isn't it obvious?  His hair blew off and he needs USAF recon.  

Edited by little cow

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:32 AM, noponies said:

Says the queen of digressions....

that's what I said.  can you not find the "ignore´" function?   just ignore me. 

59 minutes ago, nick said:

that's what I said.  can you not find the "ignore´" function?   just ignore me. 

:duh: ditto doo

I often wonder what it is you have been dipped in that makes you so offensively nasty........

Edited by noponies

On 10/21/2017 at 1:50 AM, jubal said:

That's pretty worrying. What's he planning for them to do?

EXCLUSIVE: US Preparing to Put Nuclear Bombers Back on 24-Hour Alert

BARKSDALE AIR FORCE BASE, La. —  The U.S. Air Force is preparing to put nuclear-armed bombers back on 24-hour ready alert, a status not seen since the Cold War ended in 1991.

Source: http://www.defenseone.com/threats/2017/10/exclusive-us-preparing-put-nuclear-bombers-back-24-hour-alert/141957/

Gen. David Goldfein, Air Force chief of staff, said in an interview during his six-day tour of Barksdale and other U.S. Air Force bases that support the nuclear mission. “I look at it more as not planning for any specific event, but more for the reality of the global situation we find ourselves in and how we ensure we’re prepared going forward.”

I guess I should feel reassured that Air Force C-o-F Goldfein is ensuring that we're prepared going forward.  I just wish I had a clue what it means.

More worryingly, Goldfein continued:

“The world is a dangerous place and we’ve got folks that are talking openly about use of nuclear weapons,” he said. “It’s no longer a bipolar world where it’s just us and the Soviet Union. We’ve got other players out there who have nuclear capability. It’s never been more important to make sure that we get this mission right.”

Shorter Goldfein: "We have to ensure we nuke the right people."

Further Goldfein: 

“I’ve challenged…Air Force Global Strike Command to help lead the dialog, help with this discussion about ‘What does conventional conflict look like with a nuclear element?’ "

Unlike Goldfein, I'm not an Air Force Chief of Staff, but conventional conflict with a nuclear element kinda looks like nuclear war to me but WTFDIK.

Lets hope that they are talking war, & that Trump isn't getting ready, to start one.  A war would be a big distraction, from everything else that is breathing down his neck in DC. With 3 different Russian investigations going on, I'm sure life is not pleasant for him there. I wanted to be opened minded about Trump, when he got elected, but he has closed it at every turn.  PD

3 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

Lets hope that they are talking war, & that Trump isn't getting ready, to start one. 

He's getting ready to start one:

President Donald Trump on Sunday struck an ominous tone with his remarks on North Korea... “We’re prepared for anything. We are so prepared like you wouldn’t believe,” Trump said in an interview on Fox News’ “Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo.”

“You would be shocked to see how totally prepared we are if we need to be,” he added. “Would it be nice not to do that? The answer is yes. Will that happen? Who knows.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-prepared-for-anything-north-korea

If Trump starts a war, he'll be no better than the shooter in Las Vegas, as he'll take alot of innocent lives in the process.  PD

8 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

Lets hope that they are talking war, & that Trump isn't getting ready, to start one.  A war would be a big distraction, from everything else that is breathing down his neck in DC. With 3 different Russian investigations going on, I'm sure life is not pleasant for him there. I wanted to be opened minded about Trump, when he got elected, but he has closed it at every turn.  PD

Every other President has Molly coddled N.Korea, given in to them, given them exactly what they've wanted...... Trump isn't about to keep the trend going, he doesn't think the USA should be giving in to a tyrant.  N.Korea has pushed us around far too long.

Now, I am definitely NOT in favor of any wars being started and, it's true, Trump, at times is a little hard to take, but, standing up to Lil Kim, is the right thing to do.... we're supposed to continue to let him call the shots?  Previous presidents have already seen to it, we're viewed as weak push overs, where N. Korea is concerned.

I don't think it'll come to anything as drastic as war, Lil Kim is probably scratching his head, saying, "hmmm, this one isn't backing down like all the others, I'll have to up my bluff.". ....he really doesn't want to go to war with us, any more than we want to, with him.

I respect you, PD and, am not trying to sound snarky.

equicrzy,   I understand where you are coming from, but we arn't talking boots on the ground here, we are talking Nuclear war now,  that has a whole different meaning.  I see Trump & Kim Jong Un, as two little boys fighting in school yard. I get the impression neither care about innocent people they put in harms way.  I also find it interesting that those that have never put on the uniform of this country,  to often think war is okay, I have & it isn't pretty. PD

1 hour ago, Proud Dad said:

equicrzy,   I understand where you are coming from, but we arn't talking boots on the ground here, we are talking Nuclear war now,  that has a whole different meaning.  I see Trump & Kim Jong Un, as two little boys fighting in school yard. I get the impression neither care about innocent people they put in harms way.  I also find it interesting that those that have never put on the uniform of this country,  to often think war is okay, I have & it isn't pretty. PD

Exactly.

3 hours ago, Proud Dad said:

I know we're talking nuclear war and, it is scary.....but, we can't continue to be N.Korea's Patsy.......WE call our own shots, at least that's how it should have always been, NOT N. Korea.

I respect other points of view, but, I think Trump is doing the right thing by not backing down to this guy .....it may not be the norm, but, it's the right thing.

equicrzy,   If I am to have a difference of opinion, with someone, at least it is with someone I have deep respect for.  I will admit, that past administrations were probably slackers when it comes to North Korea.  I quess I question Trump's approach to North Korea, it seems he bullies everybody,  & that character flaw I have no time for, A mature person does sink that low.  He to often contradicts, is own cabinets members, & world leaders don't know what Trump they are dealing with, as he says one thing & does another.   This why I don't trust his judgement on many things.  Best Wishes. PD

36 minutes ago, Proud Dad said:

equicrzy,   If I am to have a difference of opinion, with someone, at least it is with someone I have deep respect for.  I will admit, that past administrations were probably slackers when it comes to North Korea.  I quess I question Trump's approach to North Korea, it seems he bullies everybody,  & that character flaw I have no time for, A mature person does sink that low.  He to often contradicts, is own cabinets members, & world leaders don't know what Trump they are dealing with, as he says one thing & does another.   This why I don't trust his judgement on many things.  Best Wishes. PD

PD, I have great respect for you, too, which is why I sometimes am not sure I want to say certain things, afraid I might offend you.

We can disagree on the NK topic......I do though, agree on Trump's behavior, I'm not like some people and, can't criticize him.....I do/have criticized him.....I also support what he's doing, as far as other issues are concerned.

3 hours ago, equicrzy said:

I know we're talking nuclear war and, it is scary.....but, we can't continue to be N.Korea's Patsy.......WE call our own shots, at least that's how it should have always been, NOT N. Korea.

So if it came to nuclear war you'd be OK with it. Oh, my. Oh. My. 

20 hours ago, equicrzy said:

I respect other points of view, but, I think Trump is doing the right thing by not backing down to this guy .....it may not be the norm, but, it's the right thing.

what "shots" has N. Korea ever called on the US or the world in general?  they're called the "hermit nation" for a reason.  Admiral Perry sailed into Japan, also a hermit nation at the time, and boy was that opening a can of worms.

North Korea has nothing.  to offer to a conquering nation.   it has no natural resources, the people are starving except for kim jong un, let's call him by his original and current name versus his evil twin drumpf who chooses to hide behind things like bone spurs. 

all previous presidents have done what is common sense.  keep the baying hound on a leash and for the most part ignore him.

you're really okay with a nuclear war?  really??  and btw, Russia and china would Kim like a bug, they have the contracts, they supply the raw matierals.    they're playing drumpf like he's now "The Apprentice".    maybe it won't be long now until we hear "you're fired". 

no ponies we digress again, and this time it was not I.    btw, i'd never think of reporting you but it does say on the open debate board terms and conditions that "personal attacks will not be tolerated".  guess admin is asleep at the wheel.    I won't quote you on anything and feel free to continue.  i'm not here all that often anymore and when I am it's just for a peek into what's going on. 

back to the topic!!