TigerLilly

The Investigation in Trump's ties to Russia

I do wish you would try actually reading. I said I support the Office of the President. Can you understand the difference, or do you just want to hit me on the head again?

You support the office of the president. How does that work? If the man in the office is a crook, do you support his right to be in the office? I don't get it. No one deserves respect because of the place they work. Respect has to be related to character.

^^^ Which is why he said he supports the *office* of the President.  (IMO, that means I like that we have a President and how our country was founded - but there have certainly been Presidents I could *not* support with my respect, my vote or my silence), not necessarily the man who is there.

LC and NP, please make room under the rock for me!

Supporting the office of the president no doubt comes down to personal definition.  I can support the office, but not always the person there. But as Christian, I find it my duty to pray for all our leaders, because what they do is out of my hands, & I put it in bigger hands. If I could change anything about President Trump, he would be more humble, & not shoot from the hip like he does, & learn to choose his words better.  But then  character is hard to change.  PD

We need a bigger rock, lol!

Hair shirts?  What's next? Self-flagellation?  :P

I think PD has a good point.  We aren't the ones that ought to be humbling ourselves or doing penance.  

"It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels" St. Augustine

I've always been of the opinion, that most people in politics, need a regular dose of humble pie.  A humble person thinks through what they say & do.  A humble person, doesn't need to toot, their own horn, about how great they are, their actions will speak, for themselves. PD

Um, PD, I don't think there is such a thing as a humble politician, Jimmy Carter excepted.  But there are smart ones. And I'm all for subjecting candidates to IQ and psychological  tests.

18 minutes ago, jubal said:

Um, PD, I don't think there is such a thing as a humble politician, Jimmy Carter excepted.  But there are smart ones. And I'm all for subjecting candidates to IQ and psychological  tests.

jubal,  You are most likely right,  they only get humbled, when they loose an election.  There are a number of them that could stand to be replaced though.  Our current congress is more worried about getting re-elected, than doing the business of the country,  Maybe if they stood up to their moral convictions, maybe the voting public would respect them enough, to vote them back in.  To often, they become nothing more than yes men & women.

They're afraid to lose an election because they will also lose access to the money from corporations and wealthy donors. If the Citizens United ruling were overturned, elected office would not be so lucrative. Maybe they would consider working for the American people again. But I don't see that happening with the current makeup of the Supreme Court. And just for the record, I don't think politicians have moral convictions either, no matter what they say.

Manafort has also been charged by NY district attorney. Firing Mueller won't end his problems. And he's the one that opened the door to Russian collusion, evidently.

2 hours ago, TigerLilly said:

I'm wondering if Trump will try to fire Mueller. 

of course he will.  

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:36 PM, noponies said:

Odd; I was raised to be respectful no matter HOW low the other person sunk. Sad that this is no longer taught,

you sound like trump's tweets.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/leaked-documents-show-commerce-secretary-concealed-ties-putin-cronies-n817711

Wilbur Ross, the commerce secretary in the Trump administration, shares business interests with Vladimir Putin’s immediate family, and he failed to clearly disclose those interests when he was being confirmed for his cabinet position.

Ross — a billionaire industrialist — retains an interest in a shipping company, Navigator Holdings, that was partially owned by his former investment company. One of Navigator’s most important business relationships is with a Russian energy firm controlled, in turn, by Putin’s son-in-law and other members of the Russian president’s inner circle.

The fact that this guy's name has never come up in regards to the Russia investigation leads me to believe there are a lot more politicians involved that have yet to be busted. 

He's been on the radar because of running the Bank of Cyprus. But just about everybody Trump hired has murky connections. Maybe he thought they would back him up to save themselves. Mercer and Mnuchin both are going to owe big tax money on basket derivatives.

Edited by jubal

Yup. Right up there with a whole bunch more he DIDN'T hire. You would be hard-pressed these days to find a CLEAN politician, so why is it so surprising?

It isn't surprising. Anyone could see it, except for the people who elected him. And I think half of them saw it and didn't care. They  liked what they saw--a bully white supremacist.

There may be few clean politicians these days,  but Trump has taken the cake, with some of the questionable people he has put in his cabinet.  Granted he has appointed a few very good ones, in the right places, for that I am grateful.  PD

3 hours ago, jubal said:

Which ones do you think are okay, PD?

General Mattis HR McMaster, I thought were a couple of his better choices, the rest are up for debate, PD

Okay, I agree about the generals. Not so great having the military in charge of the government, but in this case, I'm glad those two are there. And i think Nikki Haley is doing a good job, considering who he could have put at the UN.

Big news this morning! Flynn is rolling over. He is pleading guilty and taking the deal. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/abc-flynn-to-testify-trump-ordered-him-to-talk-to-russians

I knew the next few weeks were going to be crazy. You could just feel the tension with North Korea, Trump and Tillerson. Hopefully Trump can be muzzled before more damage is caused. 

Edited by TigerLilly

13 minutes ago, nick said:

why do these guys think they can get away with this kind of crap? 

Especially these guys. They don't call it stupid Watergate for nothing. 

He's lucky to get that deal. That was the least of his crimes. Kinda ironic--"lock 'er up" Flynn is going to get locked up!

Edited by jubal

just like Harvey Weinstein, Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer, Bill Cosby Donald Trump, to name a few,  think they can get away with all kinds of crap. 

On 12/1/2017 at 10:46 AM, TigerLilly said:

Big news this morning! Flynn is rolling over. He is pleading guilty and taking the deal. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/abc-flynn-to-testify-trump-ordered-him-to-talk-to-russians

I knew the next few weeks were going to be crazy. You could just feel the tension with North Korea, Trump and Tillerson. Hopefully Trump can be muzzled before more damage is caused. 

Now go read ABC's corrections to that "story".

2 hours ago, noponies said:

Now go read ABC's corrections to that "story".

I did read the correction to the story. But I am not sure it changes much. Mueller is not going to drop as many charges they had on Flynn just so he confesses to lying to the FBI. They had 25 years worth of charges on him and got it down to 5.