nick

in view of recent gaffes of our current POTUS

i'm wondering why we're all still talking about bike rides, the weather, gardening.    is all this crap of no interest to anybody here?  and before you, noponies, tells me to stop whining about the past and look forward, I am looking forward and what I see looks pretty bad.  50 of the major business interests in America have dropped out of FAUX NEWS, O'Reilly has been "let go" ( a good thing but god forbid Rupert Murdoch should do anything based on principle or ethics) and the same business interests have signed a petition against the immigration ban citing negative effects on imported and motivated talent.    a detriment to the US economy. 

is nobody interested at all in what's going on outside their personal bubble?

I had to look away from the train wreck for a bit. You know, my sanity and all.  My kid just realized what video games are so I have not been watching as much news. For real, he just figured out we had an Xbox and Wii U. Horrible mother of the year award right here lol.  

4 hours ago, nick said:

i'm wondering why we're all still talking about bike rides, the weather, gardening.    is all this crap of no interest to anybody here?  and before you, noponies, tells me to stop whining about the past and look forward, I am looking forward and what I see looks pretty bad.  50 of the major business interests in America have dropped out of FAUX NEWS, O'Reilly has been "let go" ( a good thing but god forbid Rupert Murdoch should do anything based on principle or ethics) and the same business interests have signed a petition against the immigration ban citing negative effects on imported and motivated talent.    a detriment to the US economy. 

You forgot to mention the French election. If Le Pen wins, and France drops out of the EU, all of Europe is in deep doodoo. Then you'll have more to worry about. All too depressing. The courts are holding Trump at bay for the present.

If you don't want to read about gardening, step away from Chit Chat. Go to a politics forum to get your fix.

Please stop trying to shame us for enjoying our time here.  I read the topics you post and I learn a lot about the world and everyone's different opinions.  I've even changed my own opinions based on things I've learned.

No one, makes anyone, come here.  If certain topics aren't to your liking, skip them.  If people don't want to read or, comment on certain topics, there just might be a reason.  If you prefer discussing political topics, there are several forums out there, where you can do just that, all day, every day.

7 hours ago, equicrzy said:

No one, makes anyone, come here.  If certain topics aren't to your liking, skip them.  If people don't want to read or, comment on certain topics, there just might be a reason.  If you prefer discussing political topics, there are several forums out there, where you can do just that, all day, every day.

All things considered, she's likely been banned from most of them.

Thought this forum was for expression of honest opinions, & in my thinking that is all nick has said, yes she was trying to draw more people into the discussion.  I understand how people get burnt out with politics, as there is little each one of us can do to change things. But there is much going on in our political world that should be questioned. Only when people hold their reps in DC accountable, can much be done. Because when the people are not happy with them, it does get their attention, as there is power in numbers.  PD

Might be more effective if she were a lot less hateful and insulting about it. Frankly, I prefer discussing politics and religion with intelligent and reasonable folk.

With all due respect, PD, we don't need to be "shamed" into participating in the threads nick deems important instead of the ones on GCC, which deal with our everyday lives.

It isn't the topics of her threads, it's the delivery and, the tone she takes when others don't share her opinions......who needs that?

Edited by equicrzy

Things at Fox news are settling down. Part of the issue is they dress their women there like high dollar call girls and people like Meghan Kelly and others don't like to be called pretty  or the fact that most men watch them by looking at their cleavage that sticks out like a Cows Udder needing milking.  Its like women screaming about Men wolf whistling them with their ***** hanging out and a mini shirt to the crack of her poop hole. Sorry folks , but dressing like this is not a way to be respected by any man or women. You dress like *****, you shouldn't be surprised to be treated like one.  Greta Van Susteren and Maria Bartiromo are the only Woman  on FOX that dressed professionally in my opinion.

I have moved on from Fox's regular shows except to watch Tucker Carlson. He really shows the lower intelligence of the Lefty's and that entertains me. Most of my news comes from OANN , an actual news station without Opinions .. Sorry DISH people... its not on there yet, only on Direct TV and local stations in the San Diego Area.

I don't find having a ban on ILLEGAL Immigration a detriment to our society. Perhaps now more American can get hired instead of bringing in Cheap workers under a green card. Before you go into one of your rants Nick, My Sister in law FINALLY has her brother here in America after a 12 year wait to live and work here and is working on getting a citizen ship. He works three jobs.. dish washing, hotel maintenance and bussing tables. He has 4 children that live with him as well. He has a LEGAL SS card, work permit etc. I have no problem with this.

What I have a problem with is when Illegals come here and have made up SS cards if they even work for a pay check. You don't think of how this effects Americans until you don't get your much needed tax return back because some illegal used yours thinking your were dead and tied the return up for two years and any others you had due you.. This happened to my mom and dad, both 85 years old. I have another older friend that this happened to her SS check she was getting after her husband died ( His was greater than hers) and left her homeless because she could not pay her bills with the little she received. So don't tell me they don't hurt Americans. Look at the MS -13 gangs all over America killing Americans in Sanctuary cities.. cities that want government funding..I'm for cutting that funding off since its NOT being used for Americans.  Personally I would like to have it made so Welfare is no longer given unless you work at a regular job for 25 hours a week. It would give people incentive to Improve their circumstances or drown in their own poverty. Weed out the bums that suck Middle class Americans dry.

Edited by Alaskandraft

10 hours ago, noponies said:

All things considered, she's likely been banned from most of them.

I have? That's news to me.  

Why do you some of you get so "bothered"on the bloody internet that you take the things personally??  It's the INTERNET.

^^^  Could say the same of you.  

On 4/22/2017 at 4:02 PM, nick said:

i'm wondering why we're all still talking about bike rides, the weather, gardening.    

I don't understand why you are so bothered about what we discuss, or don't discuss, in other areas of HC.  It seems as if you are taking it personally that no one wishes to start topics about politics and/or join in.  As you've said, it is the "bloody INTERNET" and people can talk about whatever they want - and if they don't want to, there is no law saying they must.  

I will repeat: Stop trying to shame we who like to share and discuss the daily minutia of our lives. Doing so brings me closer to the membership and makes me feel part of this horse-oriented community more so than discussions on politics that devolve into peeing matches of who can get the best personal dig in.

It isn't 'debating' here anyway. We have one who insists the rules of debate be adhered to, but refuses to follow them, considering self to be "above all that" and pitching a childish fit when called on it. Then the crap slinging starts (guilty also) and the whole mess takes a left turn. Most of the subjects are questionable at best, as are a lot of the sources quoted, when there actually are any. What it boils down to is, if I wanted to swim in shite, a visit to the local treatment plant would be more pleasant, and likely less crowded.

Not discussing something, doesn't mean we're all ignorant of what's going on around us.

Maybe, we'd prefer to discuss the subject with someone who's sole purpose, isn't just to trash talk and, throw out insults.

again why the thin skin? this is the internet.  I just finished a two day working cow horse clinic where I was actually THERE RIDING.  things were brought to my attention that now I am aware need being paid attention to.   like out there in the bigger picture.

I am not  the least bit interested in hurting anybody's feelings or making anybody feel dumb.  this the debate board.  the DEBATE board.  if you don't want to choose to have your nose put out of joint don't read my posts.    and noponies, I wish you all the best.  your knowledge and feedback to the members here is very valuable.

once again, last time I looked this forum is  the debate board, not the "take it personally board".   for those who cannot differentiate don't come here.  good advice given to me by contributors who prefer other boards. 

20 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

^^^  Could say the same of you.  

I don't understand why you are so bothered about what we discuss, or don't discuss, in other areas of HC.  It seems as if you are taking it personally that no one wishes to start topics about politics and/or join in.  As you've said, it is the "bloody INTERNET" and people can talk about whatever they want - and if they don't want to, there is no law saying they must.  

I will repeat: Stop trying to shame we who like to share and discuss the daily minutia of our lives. Doing so brings me closer to the membership and makes me feel part of this horse-oriented community more so than discussions on politics that devolve into peeing matches of who can get the best personal dig in.

i appreciate your point of view.  but complacency has no place in a debate forum by definition.  just stay away from it and everything should be fine. 

You are right, complacency has no place in debate.  We do need to get shaken up from time to time to change our perspective and effect change.

On 23/04/2017 at 9:00 PM, Alaskandraft said:

Things at Fox news are settling down. Part of the issue is they dress their women there like high dollar call girls and people like Meghan Kelly and others don't like to be called pretty  or the fact that most men watch them by looking at their cleavage that sticks out like a Cows Udder needing milking.  Its like women screaming about Men wolf whistling them with their ***** hanging out and a mini shirt to the crack of her poop hole. Sorry folks , but dressing like this is not a way to be respected by any man or women. You dress like *****, you shouldn't be surprised to be treated like one.  Greta Van Susteren and Maria Bartiromo are the only Woman  on FOX that dressed professionally in my opinion.

Shorter Alaskandraft: The wimmins were asking for it.

Alaskan wimmins  is strange.

19 hours ago, 4legsgood said:

Shorter Alaskandraft: The wimmins were asking for it.

Alaskan wimmins  is strange.

:rotf:

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:00 PM, Alaskandraft said:

guess you could fit right in with the muslim extremists with that attitude toward women.  really?  so you're saying the network forces them to dress like hookers, but then if they get sexually harassed at work it's their own fault?

1 hour ago, nick said:

guess you could fit right in with the muslim extremists with that attitude toward women.  really?  so you're saying the network forces them to dress like hookers, but then if they get sexually harassed at work it's their own fault?

Yup... Fox don't have any ugly mugs like CNN has. The women dress like men or Hillary and are pretty Homely and most older washed out women who work for lesser wages. All dying to get a compliment from a man like an older woman waiting to get carded at a bar. Yet ask them for a hug because your glad to see them is considered sexual harassment. . HILLARY the  muslim extremist since she took all that money from muslim  countries in the name of Womens rights.. Supported the muslim men mistreating women by encouraging them. Didn't you notice she started down dressing with her chairman Mao outfits when she had her hand out for money?

I'm not the only one that thinks this about FOX. Google it or Bing it. They are dressed and made up at work. They cant wear outfits of their choice. Picked for brains,  looks, and education, whereas Liberal stations picks for mouthy opinions for controversy against the opposing conservative ones. Even ugly Liberal guests are made up so they are easy on the eye.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/23/fox-news-makeup-women-anchors_n_1824659.html 

Its not because the audience is "OLD" like  the article suggests,  its because the audience is mostly working class professionals and are used to looking their best for work. People dont like to look at women they can smell across the TV or that show their arm pit hair or lip hair and unkept eye brows.  Sex sells and if you think those girls got there by wearing turtle necks and make the money they  make, your naïve.