Sign in to follow this  
nick

the declining level of service by american carriers

I understand. I was only agreeing with you. The quote part was because I have her on ignore, so I don't have to see so much crap.

31 minutes ago, jubal said:

I don't understand your post. Lets just start over. I think we've all been on the business end of Nick's "demeaning" comments and so I find it ironic of her to say that someone else makes demeaning comments about her. What goes around, comes around I guess.

It's a debate forum. If everyone had the same opinion, there would be no debate. If you don't have an opinion or don't care to debate it, you are not obligated to debate. If you don't debate, that doesn't make you ill informed or uninterested in the world around you. This has nothing to do with this thread, but we've been derided before for both those things.

"Demeaning"?  I believe in the terms and conditions of the debate board it's called "personal attacks".

why does anyone take anything personally on the internet??  It's the Internet.  Not real life.

1 hour ago, noponies said:

I understand. I was only agreeing with you. The quote part was because I have her on ignore, so I don't have to see so much crap.

Okay, now it makes sense.

55 minutes ago, nick said:

"Demeaning"?  I believe in the terms and conditions of the debate board it's called "personal attacks".

why does anyone take anything personally on the internet??  It's the Internet.  Not real life.

There is a difference between a personal attack (you are a grub-eating neanderthal) and a demeaning comment (if you don't think the way I do, your thought process must be that of a grub-eating neanderthal).  All interaction on the internet, and I'm speaking particularly for this website, is real life.  I guess being behind a screen and keyboard give some free rein to behave like ignorant trolls with no manners because they aren't face-to-face.  Being online shouldn't be cause for abandoning polite manners and respect for others.

Looks like I'll count this debate (Delta & Schear family) as a win for me.  Yay!

Edited by Heidi n Q

Since she doesn't take anything personally, this can't be construed as n attack, so Heidi, MUST you keep quoting her stupid remarks and overriding the ignore function? :P

No, we're not finished. The last time I flew, (in a plane) was 1970. There were roomy seats, pleasant stewardesses, (nope, no stewards) free liquor in those cute little bottles, and a full free meal that was really tasty and no charge for luggage. Same companies, mostly, as today. Now there are more customers, higher prices, no perks, crowded planes and charges for everything. What happened?

And a loaf of bread used to be a dime. Used to TASTE like bread too. And you could even get it delivered daily to your house, if you wanted .

1 hour ago, noponies said:

And a loaf of bread used to be a dime. Used to TASTE like bread too. And you could even get it delivered daily to your house, if you wanted .

No, but what I'm saying is if they used to provide all that and make a profit, and evidently they did or they wouldn't still be in business, why can't they now? And I disagree about the bread. There are companies that deliver groceries to your house. And there are great choices of artisan breads available. Of course the price of everything has gone up. That's inevitable. But service has suffered in lots of businesses. 

As far as the United case goes, the CEO's first response was to blame the passenger. He went so far as to dig up a court proceeding from years ago against DR. Dao. Then when the video started trending, and the public was outraged, he had to reconsider. And when a lawsuit was filed by Dr. Dao, the CEO got very apologetic. In other words, United wasn't customer friendly until it threatened their bottom line. It just seems customers  aren't treated as well by big companies these days. 

Yes, but can you still get that good loaf delivered and only pay a dime? The cost of flour went up, so did the cost of everything else in that loaf, including the labor to make it, the gas and labor to deliver it, the plastic wrappings and twist ties to package it, the machines that mix and the ones that slice, ALL of it costs more, so the bread prices rose to cover it. And a grocery delivery is not the same as early morning delivery of a loaf still warm from the oven. Nor are artisan breads on the same footing as that Wonderbread delivered daily. Better bread, yes, but not what we USED to get. Same with airlines. They pay more for ALL equipment, more for labor, all the food you STILL can get, even if its peanuts and a soda, cost much more than they used to. If they could still provide the services you mentioned, no one could afford them anyway.

. It just seems customers  aren't treated as well by big companies these days. 

No they aren't. Ever have to deal with AT&T? But then, a good many smaller companies don't treat their customers well, either. Courtesy and good manners are riding off into the sunset hand in hand, leaving the rest of us behind.

I don't mind paying higher prices. Wages have gone up too. But service has really gone downhill in many businesses. i just don't go back if I'm not treated well.

We had the Donaldson man. He delivered bread and other baked goods like yummy doughnuts.

Nick, I have a life away from the internet.  I spend only a small part of my time here, but I thoroughly enjoy the time I do spend with the membership here.

Care to address the points I brought up about Delta's policy and the Schears?  No?  Then, yes, I shall consider it a debate win for me.

I guess it isn't as fun when facts you can't argue against are presented...  *cough*  ...with links to back up my argument...  *coughcough*

48 minutes ago, Heidi n Q said:

I guess it isn't as fun when facts you can't argue against are presented...  *cough*  ...with links to back up my argument...  *coughcough*

You can't just be realizing that.

As for your replies to the debate subject...... totally agree.....spot on.

I don't see any reason to counter, you laid it all out.

Nah, I didn't just realize it.  This just happened to be the time I put in the effort and links to back up my argument.  As Nick has often requested.

6 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

Nah, I didn't just realize it.  This just happened to be the time I put in the effort and links to back up my argument.  As Nick has often requested.

Always requesting of others, never doing it herself......

16 hours ago, Heidi n Q said:

Nick, I have a life away from the internet.  I spend only a small part of my time here, but I thoroughly enjoy the time I do spend with the membership here.

Care to address the points I brought up about Delta's policy and the Schears?  No?  Then, yes, I shall consider it a debate win for me.

i'm not interested in winning, i'm interested in the discussion. 

On 5/8/2017 at 6:06 AM, noponies said:

Sort of like our Prez.......

Trump and Nick, two peas in a pod......lol!