Sign in to follow this  
nick

macron wins in france by a landslide

at 39 the young Macron faces a tough road given France's flagging economy and the still alive and well right movement lead by Le Pen.   a relief for the EU for the moment, but how will he deal with a lethargic and discontented business community and increasingly xenophobic public? 

Probably not by cutting taxes for the very wealthy and demolishing the public's health care.

17 hours ago, noponies said:

I guess you would have to know how to spell it.....

that's his original name.  anybody with a pulse knows that his family name is DRUMPF.  they were german immigrants.  the irony. 

Once you legally change your name..... it's your name.....by the way, it's been his name his entire life, to make fun of it now, shows your ignorance......not to mention, just wanting your threads to be a Trump bash fest......

....so tiring.

My dad's dad, changed his name....my dad was born with the "new" name, so was I.  It wasn't entirely changed, part of it was dropped, but, it's pretty much what Trump's grandfather did.

11 minutes ago, nick said:

that's his original name.  anybody with a pulse knows that his family name is DRUMPF.  they were german immigrants.  the irony. 

Where's the irony?  Trump isn't against LEGAL IMMIGRATION, people seem to want to "forget" that, for sake of their anti Trump arguments.

Since Trump IS his legal name, LEGAL, mind you, its not only plain rude, but inherently ignorant to keep throwing up the old name. But considering the source.......

And he IS a citizen, or he wouldn't be president.

3 minutes ago, noponies said:

Since Trump IS his legal name, LEGAL, mind you, its not only plain rude, but inherently ignorant to keep throwing up the old name. But considering the source.......

Those are the points I was trying to make, not sure they got through.

14 minutes ago, equicrzy said:

Those are the points I was trying to make, not sure they got through.

Bigger hammer. Dense material.

28 minutes ago, noponies said:

Bigger hammer. Dense material.

Lol!

Duh.  He comes from immigrants. btw we all do.  There isn't a single member of these boards who is a native, except for OZ who has partial roots.

if you have a pulse and a over two digit IQ you can recognize the irony of his immigration policy.  Every single one of his wives were immigrants. 

2 hours ago, noponies said:

A birther :rotf:

4 hours ago, equicrzy said:

Where's the irony?  Trump isn't against LEGAL IMMIGRATION, people seem to want to "forget" that, for sake of their anti Trump arguments.

LEGAL immigrants are a pretty good thing, actually. But all those criminals sneaking into the country illegally....I'm with Trump on that one, all the way. And yes, CRIMINAL, by very definition. Thats what ILLEGAL means, for those who can't get it.

5 hours ago, equicrzy said:

What about immigrants from several Muslim countries? The courts had to stop him from banning them.

But were they LEGAL? You know, like people from France, Spain, Norway or any other country must be? Proper vetting and paperwork and all that ?

^^^Yes. He tried to ban ANY immigrants from several countries. At first, it included Iraq where soldiers were offered immigration opportunities for fighting alongside US soldiers. Great treatment of allies.

On 5/10/2017 at 4:10 AM, noponies said:

Now how would I ever get a chance to do that?

None but you can always speculate here.

Not one nation on the Donald's list has ever committed an act of terrorism in the U.S.  why is he still letting Arabs in?   Oh. I guess I can guess--good for private business.

Nick, you aren't fooling anyone.  Your use of Drumpf is in direct correlation to others' use of Obummer.  It is a shameful expression of one's character because it is petty when one continues to use it as a deliberate slur.  Congratulations on sinking to the level of everyone you ever chastised for disrespecting the office of the President.

December 2015, Obama signed a law placing limited restrictions on travelers to/from these specific countries; Iran, Iraq, Sudan and Syria with Libya, Somalia and Yeman added to the list later.  Trump's ban took Obama's list a step further by adding a period of 3-4mo to the process.  Why no outcry for Obama not listing UAE or Egypt?

* The above aside, I do feel the initiation of his barring of immigrants was very poorly planned and executed with no provisions in place for the fallout it's immediate implementation created nor having plans for mitigation in the future to ease the process.  

Links where I got my information:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/how-the-trump-administration-chose-the-7-countries/

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/31/us/politics/trump-immigration-ban-groups.html?_r=0

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/us/politics/travel-ban-muslim-trump.html

Edited by Heidi n Q
added a link

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:49 PM, noponies said:

LEGAL immigrants are a pretty good thing, actually. But all those criminals sneaking into the country illegally....I'm with Trump on that one, all the way. And yes, CRIMINAL, by very definition. Thats what ILLEGAL means, for those who can't get it.

thank you Heidi for forwarding  these links.   I have no idea who I am trying to fool but thanks for making me aware.  always good!

You are trying to fool this membership, or anyone else you speak with, into thinking you use Drumpf "because it is his heritage as a family name" when in fact you are using it as a deliberate slur.  You're welcome.

15 minutes ago, Heidi n Q said:

You are trying to fool this membership, or anyone else you speak with, into thinking you use Drumpf "because it is his heritage as a family name" when in fact you are using it as a deliberate slur.  You're welcome.

Really?  I can "fool this membership".   You think that I think HC members are that dumb"?   I don't think so.