Sign in to follow this  
Proud Dad

It Is Friday

Going to mow lawn today, & if I mow I should get out weed wacker , plus I should clean out my box stalls.  So my life is on dull side, but that is okay.   Best Wishes. PD

I am also mowing the lawn today. Finally feeling better and got so much done in the house yesterday AND managed to make it to a local barrel race. A lot of generous people let me try on saddles and I finally found one that fit the best. A 7.5 triple creek. After I got home I was tired but did not feel like completely run through. 

Still can't believe my horse fit the 7.5 gullet. 

I'm sitting here, trying to talk myself out of taking Chopper in today, his appointment is for 4:15........so, a lot of time to think about it.

Watching him last night, when I let him out to meet my husband in the driveway, when he came home, like I've always done, I said to myself, "yeah, it's time," he used to run out. Last night, his back feet were dragging on the ground and, his whole hind end looked wonky, he was struggling to keep a momentum going.

This morning, we went out to feed and, I swear he looked a lot better, so, that nagging feeling," am I doing this too soon," reared it's ugly head. Of course, I do know, he's not better and, never will be, but, today is the day and, I'm thinking that's a normal thing for people to do when facing this.

Edited by equicrzy

It is normal, especially when we are hyper-sensitive to any changes that could sway our decision away from the difficult one we made for our loved family member.  Just keep in mind: Better a minute too soon than a second too late.  Spoil him today with everything he likes.  (((hugs for you)))

I'll be thinking of you today, Equi! I always tell myself "better a day too soon than a minute too late" 

Not much going on here....brutal week at work and I'm just counting down the hours til quittin time.  I have to coach a student at a show on Sunday, but will probably be pretty darn lazy on Saturday!

Work till 2:00PM, then home to do whatever. Not sure yet. I do have some houseplants that need to be re-potted, dinner to make, laundry, ect. I'm sure I can find something to do.

Equi, my thoughts are with you today.

Serah and Heidi...... I've heard that too, I think the first time, was from Buddyroo, years ago when I was going through this with my other dog..... I know it's true, but, it's still an inner struggle.

I'll need to do something this weekend, keep my mind occupied, I'm thinking a trip to Lowe's for some flowers to plant in the bed I prepared a few months ago and, is now overgrown with weeds and grass. The no seeums will eat me up, I'll try noponies suggestion and get some Vicks.

Have a great weekend, people!

I think, I got the word "wonky" from Buddyroo, too.....lol!

Edited by equicrzy

This little cat is everywhere Chopper is, I have several pictures just like this, in different locations.

IMG_20170524_112828787.jpg

Aww shoot Equi, I'm sorry. His kitty friend is going to miss him. ((Hugs))