Sign in to follow this  
equicrzy

The puppies are born!

10 hours ago, grimmie said:

Has she sent any pics of the choices yet?

Yes, she has. She sent pictures at 2 1/2 weeks old, they're big!  One of the males looks like 6 weeks already.  Tomorrow, they'll be 4 weeks, so, she'll probably send more.  They're all black, of course, with markings of tan and, silver.

I was hoping for the person who has first pick, to have already made his/her selection, so, I'd know from which two remaining, I'd be choosing.  Any of them, would be fine with me, though.

Ooooh, my very first dog ever was a black & silver, named "Wrecks". Grandma got him from a junk yard. Hard to find the black & silvers anymore. 

(She brought him home at 4 months old, in the back seat of her Caddy. he peed all over it.) :rotf:

2 hours ago, redneckcowgirlmn said:

Ooooh, my very first dog ever was a black & silver, named "Wrecks". Grandma got him from a junk yard. Hard to find the black & silvers anymore. 

(She brought him home at 4 months old, in the back seat of her Caddy. he peed all over it.) :rotf:

I have a 5 hour drive back home, with an 8 week old puppy.  I'll be staying one night in a hotel, before heading home.  I'll have a crate, but, it should prove an interesting trip.

I got new pictures of the puppies today. They are all precious! And, beautiful.

I have mine picked out, but, I'm not the first to pick, so......

I'll be happy with any of them, truthfully.

46 minutes ago, Jan Griffiths said:

I hope you get the puppy you want. So sorry about Chopper. 

Thank you.  Do you remember Chopper from years ago, when you were here?

I am in search of a good quality puppy food and, I don't care about cost.

I'm considering Blue Buffalo. Any thoughts on that? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I wouldn't go with Blue. They had the whole big fiasco where they weren't listing ingredients or something. 

If money weren't an issue, I would probably feed orjin or a Raw diet. 

Right now I'm using Fromm, and it is actually going over very well with my picky pack of mutts. 

58 minutes ago, horsecrazybvh said:

I wouldn't go with Blue. They had the whole big fiasco where they weren't listing ingredients or something. 

If money weren't an issue, I would probably feed orjin or a Raw diet. 

Right now I'm using Fromm, and it is actually going over very well with my picky pack of mutts. 

I was leaning heavily towards Fromm, until I started researching.

I read a whole page of complaints about it.  People saying their dogs got deathly ill after eating it. Same thing with the, orjin.

There's something negative about just about every brand I'm looking at, which doesn't make it any easier.

I'll just go down to Walmart and buy a big bag of, Ol' Roy........ kidding.... I wouldn't do that to a dog!

2 hours ago, equicrzy said:

I was leaning heavily towards Fromm, until I started researching.

I read a whole page of complaints about it.  People saying their dogs got deathly ill after eating it. Same thing with the, orjin.

There's something negative about just about every brand I'm looking at, which doesn't make it any easier.

I'll just go down to Walmart and buy a big bag of, Ol' Roy........ kidding.... I wouldn't do that to a dog!

I haven't been able to find anything bad about Fromm except a recall back in 2015. Where did you find the complaints? I would definitely like to read them. 

Either way I will probably switch back to eagle pack after this bag, my dogs are sure to be bored with this food once they get near the end of the bag

17 minutes ago, horsecrazybvh said:

I haven't been able to find anything bad about Fromm except a recall back in 2015. Where did you find the complaints? I would definitely like to read them. 

Either way I will probably switch back to eagle pack after this bag, my dogs are sure to be bored with this food once they get near the end of the bag

I don't remember the name of the site, I found it through a Google search.

To be fair, though, I read reviews on other sites and, they were very good.

Reviews left by customers on, chewy.com, were excellent, which is why I was leaning towards the Fromm....then, my husband says, "read this."

I think, you find the same thing is true with all dog food brands, you'll always find both good and, bad reviews.

I read, taste of the wild, changed their formula and, many dogs became sick, so, I'm wary of that one, now.

6 weeks old tomorrow. She didn't send pictures last week, I'm hoping for some tomorrow.

I haven't heard anything from her in 2 weeks now. I sent a short email, saying, "I'm just checking in, how are things going?"  Sent in on Saturday, still haven't gotten an answer.

I know she has at least 2 litters right now, plus, she has adult dogs and, it can keep a person busy, but, she can't take a few seconds to type out a few words? I mean, she checks her emails, doesn't she?

Maybe it's just me, but, if I'm dealing with people, who have given me money and, one of those people just wants to know, how things are going,  I'd take the 5 seconds to type, 'everythings fine.'...and hit send .

I know, though, if ever I am looking for another pup, I won't be dealing with this breeder......she also, doesn't return phone calls..... I've just called once, in case anyone is thinking I bombarded her with calls.....lol..

1 hour ago, redneckcowgirlmn said:

Yea, that's not cool. 

I don't think a weekly update is too much to ask..... I mean, I gave her a deposit, ONE of those puppies is mine.... dammit....lol..

Deep breath & chill.  You'll be getting that pup real soon.  Those were big pups & should be pulled off mom real soon.  Then the call will come to get your pick.

2 hours ago, RailroadWoman said:

Deep breath & chill.  You'll be getting that pup real soon.  Those were big pups & should be pulled off mom real soon.  Then the call will come to get your pick.

I do know that, one of my biggest problems is, I'm not that fond of waiting, especially if I've called and, emailed with no response. My request was not unusual...."I'm just checking in, how are things?". That was it.

The puppies were offered dry puppy food at 4 weeks old, because they have the sharp baby teeth, but, she's not letting them go until 8 weeks. She gives them their first shots at 6 weeks, which means, they got them last Saturday. I don't agree with the first shot being given before 8 weeks, but, since they're nursing less and eating puppy food, they're receiving less immunity from mom.

I'll be so glad when this is done with, dealing with this woman is an...... experience.  

Edited by equicrzy

What sort of breeder is she, Show dogs, working, or someone you know personally, or found online? (Trying to help come up with some reason to justify lack of communication... is she in Florida or Houston? Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Ca or Wyoming? No?)

I'd be mad too. hard spot to be, if you say anything, she snags your cash & no puppy...

Do you have a written contract to buy, or a receipt for your deposit? 

I don't think I have ever gotten a critter from a breeder without at LEAST a weekly update. Like with my kittens, it was a daily update, (But then I found out she REALLLLY liked me. a lot... like THAT, & I don't swing that way... not my thing.) Got my cats, deleted and blocked all contact when her hubby sent a creepy text.

1 hour ago, redneckcowgirlmn said:

What sort of breeder is she, Show dogs, working, or someone you know personally, or found online? (Trying to help come up with some reason to justify lack of communication... is she in Florida or Houston? Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Ca or Wyoming? No?)

I'd be mad too. hard spot to be, if you say anything, she snags your cash & no puppy...

Do you have a written contract to buy, or a receipt for your deposit? 

I don't think I have ever gotten a critter from a breeder without at LEAST a weekly update. Like with my kittens, it was a daily update, (But then I found out she REALLLLY liked me. a lot... like THAT, & I don't swing that way... not my thing.) Got my cats, deleted and blocked all contact when her hubby sent a creepy text.

I do have a receipt, which states the amount I gave her and, amount due when puppy is picked up.

She's a breeder( purely pet dogs, registered but, no breeding rights, dogs must be spayed/neutered) I found online, in Tucson, I picked her based on pictures and things written by previous customers, plus, I liked the fact, her dogs do not live in kennels, but, in the home as part of the family. Her place looks very clean and, the backyard is huge and, from the pictures, the dogs have lots of room to play.

I also, don't think weekly updates are unreasonable.

I requested a visit to her home to meet the dogs, it says on her website, she welcomes visitors, with an appointment, so, I contacted her, first by phone, got no reply, then by email. She answered my email, 2 months later and said, since the puppies were now born, home visits were cancelled. Her site mentions a discount for military, both retired and, active duty, I asked about it..... never got an answer.

I have email evidence of paying a deposit, as well as her telling me I have second pick of the male pups, what updates I have gotten, I also have in saved emails.

I don't get a feeling of having been scammed, it's nothing like that, I just very strongly feel, the people who have given deposits, deserve, at least, weekly updates. It's as if, she holds all the cards and, she knows it, I picture her over there, saying, "they will get updates when *I* say so!"

Next Saturday, the puppies will be 7 weeks old, then, the Saturday after that, they go to their homes. Sometime, between now and then, she's supposed to be contacting us all, with an appointment time, for puppy selection .

I'm not worried, because I would have legal recourse, should I never hear from her again.... I seriously doubt that, though....but, I do have enough evidence to get my deposit back, I don't see that happening, I will be going to pick up a puppy, I'm sure, but, it's good I'm covered, if not.

One things for sure, in the future, I will not be using this breeder!

Edited....in the emailed receipt, it does state for which litter and, sex of puppy my deposit is for.

Edited by equicrzy

I think you are being perfectly reasonable in your expectations and requests. Seriously, would she want the potential owner of one of her pups to slap money down and not care about the pup or be excited for weekly updates? One would expect it I would think.

I too will be relieved when the puppy is in your care.

23 hours ago, grimmie said:

I think you are being perfectly reasonable in your expectations and requests. Seriously, would she want the potential owner of one of her pups to slap money down and not care about the pup or be excited for weekly updates? One would expect it I would think.

I too will be relieved when the puppy is in your care.

She sent the 7 week old pictures Saturday, they have really grown and changed!  She said their weights range from 7 to 10 pounds.

Saturday morning, we're leaving early morning, my selection appointment is for 2 pm, she gives each person at least an hour to make their selection. 

We'll be going directly to Tucson and, her house from here, then, we'll spend the night somewhere and, come home Sunday.

Give me a minute and, I'll get some last pictures of the puppies up.

For some reason, I can only save this one pic to my drive, I've tried doing the other two, half a dozen times.

I'll try again later.