Sign in to follow this  
equicrzy

The puppies are born!

25 minutes ago, redneckcowgirlmn said:

Still like the copper one best. 

There IS something about the copper one. My husband looked at his pic and said, "that ones trouble, he's got attitude."

2 hours ago, grimmie said:

Will you be coming home with him this weekend?

Yes, going to pick him up Saturday, staying over, probably our son's house, then home on Sunday.

Edited by equicrzy

8 minutes ago, Heidi n Q said:

This is exciting!

It is! I already have an overnight bag packed, along with the puppy stuff inside the crate, ready to put in the car.

1 hour ago, RailroadWoman said:

By just the pictures it would be black or blue for me. 

Can't wait to see who you bring home.

I'm leaning heavily towards blue. The personalities will be the selling point.

The puppies are all adorable, it would be difficult for me to make a choice.  So yeah, the one that clicks best with you would be the one.  Can't wait to see which one you get.  All of them will grow to be beautiful dogs.

Duke says good luck on your trip tomorrow!

I only had 2 pups to pick from as well. Duke picked me, and the other pup shied from loud noises, so I figured he wouldn't fit into our noisy household well anyways. 

Im excited to see who picks you! 

IMG_3830.thumb.JPG.a49e30e6d128871219a238e5630ce2d0.JPG

33 minutes ago, horsecrazybvh said:

Duke says good luck on your trip tomorrow!

I only had 2 pups to pick from as well. Duke picked me, and the other pup shied from loud noises, so I figured he wouldn't fit into our noisy household well anyways. 

Im excited to see who picks you! 

IMG_3830.thumb.JPG.a49e30e6d128871219a238e5630ce2d0.JPG

Omg! I love that face!  

Thanks, Duke, I'm sure the puppy I bring home, will have picked me, instead of the other way around..... that's how it always happens.

The breeder, the wife, goes over with every buyer, puppy care and, they help you pick out the one who will best fit in with the family, based on how you live, other people/animals that are in the house and, the personality of the pup..... etc..... Id hate to be rude, because she thinks she's helping, but, this ain't my first rodeo.....I know all about puppy care and, I'm sorry but, if I like one puppy over the other, it's the one going home with me.....sure, personality plays a big part, but, unless the pup is extremely extroverted....I'll pick the one I want.

My husband, now, is the type to come right out and say," we know all about puppies/puppy care, we've had Shepherds for 40 years, my wife is a vet tech, we don't need to be told anything, here's the money, we'll take that one."  I told him, she probably has people who are buying their first puppy, so, she gives her spiel...... I sometimes like my husband's to the point bluntness.... sometimes, not so much..... LOL

Have a safe trip, Equicrzy. Looking forward to some pictures!!!

Horsecrazy, your Shepherd is handsome!

Edited by Danyel

Equi safe travels & can't wait to see your new addition.

When I pick puppies I'll just sit & watch them interact.  George is the first dog have didn't.  Friend was expecting a litter & she knew I wanted one.  

I have........Blue boy!!!  I knew he was the one when he lied down beside me.  I felt sorry for copper boy, he's the smaller of the two and, I hated leaving him by himself, but, the breeder said, his person was coming for him after I left.

We went to our son's and, the grandkids played with him, they have a very sweet pit/lab mix who was so excited to have a playmate.

He's sleeping under the nightstand in the hotel room, even though, I have his crate set up.

This is the only pic I have now, I'll be taking more tomorrow.

Darn it! I can't post any pics just yet, it says "loading" whatever that means.

I'll have to try later.....sorry!

Yay! My choice would have been black, blue and then copper. Something about coppers eyes just looked like his personality isn't something I would want. 

Im glad you have your pup, and I hope he can been you comfort and joy(after the pains of potty training of course) 

Yay! My choice would have been black, blue and then copper. Something about coppers eyes just looked like his personality isn't something I would want. 

Im glad you have your pup, and I hope he can been you comfort and joy(after the pains of potty training of course) 

34 minutes ago, horsecrazybvh said:

Copper was a nice pup, but, in person he didn't have the best personality, he was more timid. I felt sorry for him, something about him made me want to take him. I picked him up and cuddled him.

The breeder said, copper boy went home with his new family after I left....I'm so glad they took him, he really was sweet.

So far, I've had mine out enough times, he hasn't gone potty in the house....but, there's still tonight.